Heinz Reviews

Updated October 24, 2014
Updated October 24, 2014
2.1

Bernardo Hees

Pros
  • Just read the reviews, Brazilians do not believe in work-life balance (in 11 reviews)

• The company used to be a great people company with plenty of room for room for advancement (in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • Management is unapologetic about lack of work-life balance (in 30 reviews)

• All company communication is about cost cutting under the guise of growing the business (in 14 reviews)

More Highlights

Very low pay

Former Employee - Associate Engineer in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Associate Engineer in San Diego, CA

I worked at Heinz as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Offices are nice, free tea and frozen food.

Cons

A great percentage of the employees live in Tijuana, MX. That's why their pay it's in the VERY low side for staff (engineering specifically). Pay can go as low as half of the average for an engineer in San Diego.

used to be good place

I worked at Heinz

Pros

There are not to many anymore.

Cons

They don't care about there employees other then if you don't like it find another place to work.

none

Great brands, smart hard working people and huge potential for rapid growth and advancement.

Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

It's a true meritocracy, where all objectives are transparently shared, and you are rewarded and promoted based on your results. Smart people and tight teams who support me so we all win together. Demanding but rewarding environment to rise fast.

Cons

All goals are fixed and out in the open, so if your having a bad year, there's nowhere to hide. The huge plus is, you're not carrying any dead weight from slackers not applying themselves.

I've been extremely impressed with leadership, the VP's and Directors are all good, smart people who I respect. The Heinz training workshops are great, and the social events are valuable too, I'd just ask to keep going even further in those directions with more celebrations of our achievements.

Challenging but learned lot!

Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Associate Brand Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Quick promotions
    Huge bonus
    cool downtown Pittsburgh office
    Ambition is rewarded if backed by results
    Saw the company transform completely in two years from a good place to work to very competitive
    I learned a lot in my two years here. However I was a unique case and the company is no longer marketing centric.

Cons

Private equity owned
    Arbitrary decisions
    Management plays favorites
    Expected to work very long hours

Find employees willingly to work long hours and be on the job 24/7. Needs to be more communication about organizational changes.

I made a mistake coming here.

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Marketing Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Pittsburgh is a great town.

Cons

I don't know where to start. This company is being liquidized to line the pockets of buffet and his cronies. There will be nothing left when that are done.
    Absolute dysfunction.
    Please realize all these 5 star reviews are FAKE. They have lost all the employees and are trying to hire fresh meat to keep the lights on while they finish stripping the company.

Posting fake reviews?! Really?!

Insert buzz words or cliche title here

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The company is aggressively hiring due to the large amount of job openings because of extreme turnover. They care so much about their Glassdoor reviews that they are quite 'driven' to submit reviews in order to boost their ratings. Great place for college kids to get some experience before working for a legitimate organization.

Cons

Unbelievably dysfunctional and our reputation with our customers is terribly hostile. Long days spent on fixing broken processes and putting out fires instead of actually adding value. Cult like propaganda about changing the food industry, vision, values, etc. is all lip service. I'm probably obligated to mention how some people are resistant to change in this section too....yeah....that's the problem....?!

Please ACTUALLY be transparent about the performance of the organization. Sending out weekly newsletters filled with propaganda and battle cries is all smoke and mirrors. The goals are terribly confusing and individuals have no idea how they are tracking.

Corporate management trainee

Former Employee - Corporate Management Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Former Employee - Corporate Management Trainee in Pittsburgh, PA

I worked at Heinz full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive earning potential, perhaps 5 years from today things will be better once the New management have left the company.

Cons

As a new college grad I was excited at the prospect of working for a company like Heinz, but soon after starting in the Corporate Management Trainee program, I realized the big mistake I was about to make, had I stayed with them. Zero strategic direction, these young New managers have no clue what they are doing. There are 2-3 of them who are solid and keep the other sheep in line, but that's just a disaster waiting to happen. I was jerked back and forth between 5 positions in 3 months, received no formal training of any sort, worked long hours (14 hrs/day), obviously just like many others say there is no work life balance (even though that's not an issue for me). Compounding these issues was seeing the old Heinz employees humiliated by these clueless people, to me that's not ok.

College grads: if you are considering working for Heinz, know that Heinz is not what used to be. If you are not in the inner circle, you will not advance in this company. Stay away from Heinz.

Any advice given to the current management will fall on deaf ears... Nothing will deter them, they make a lot of money and don't care about anything and anyone.

Beware of recent False positive reviews

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Management is finally realizing that retention is important and forcing HR and their team from Brazil to write many false positive reviews in order to attempt to attract talent -- notice all of the very recent reviews (August 2014) that are all of the sudden Positive after many, many negative reviews. They're fake. Written by HR who has had their hands forced to do so.

Cons

The Management team is doing nothing to fix the culture or attempt to run the business for growth. They're not innovating, they do not care about people and they have no vision.

Sell. You are in over your head. Basic business acumen would be beneficial as well.

WAS a great compny

I worked at Heinz full-time

Pros

Great opportunities for those who applies themselves

Cons

Jobs were sometimes monotonousshould have kept the Pocatello shining factory open

Company planted reviews are pathetic

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I have been working at Heinz full-time

Pros

Before it went private and 3G began their reign of Brazilian favoritism, cost cutting ignorant to the impact to the business, and general moral ambiguity toward it's employees; Heinz was a great place to work.

Cons

Keep reading the reviews on this site. It has been documented that the new leadership has pressured it's employees to post positive reviews on here to make up for the honest posts that former employees have submitted since their departure. There are a LOT of now former employees who have left within the very recent past. Employee turnover has been astonishing for months on end now, and when you consider all of the additional details attached to that, the picture only becomes more clear.... Resignations began when 3G's tactics became clear to some people. These were the early ship jumpers and they saved themselves a lot of stress. The pace picked up for a while and for those who weren't leaving then, morale was very low; so low in fact that all of the negative talk and complaints were so apparent, leadership decided to offer a "Voluntary Resignation Program" to employees who "didn't see their vision". A much larger than anticipated number took the severance that they offered and ran. Many others chose job security. The resignations continued, even after that offer had expired... Largely inexperienced and naive employees en masse in lower level positions and "yes men" in positions of power is the result. Those two groups are the ones writing the buzz word packed, positive reviews you're seeing on this site today. Next time you start reading a review on this site and see something to the effect of "Challenging yet rewarding opportunity" or "Not for the faint of heart but the courageous of spirit!" ... think twice before submitting your application.

No point.