Heli-One Reviews

1.7

Neil Calvert

It was a unique and educational experience.

Former Employee - Production Planner  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Production Planner in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Heli-One

Pros

It is a unique workplace. It allows mechanics the opportunity to move from automobiles to aircraft with significant on the job training.

Cons

It is currently going through re-structuring which makes a lot chaotic situations where there is no clear path.

Determine the logical way to implement changes and then do it in a structured way.

Run and never look back

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Delta, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Accountant in Delta, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Heli-One full-time for more than a year

Pros

None. None. None. None. None.

Cons

Horrible managment especially in finance/accounting. To many lazy incompetent managers. They reel you I with fake promises of great future where you can grow...all lies. This company will fail.

Get some training on how to be leaders. You know most of you don't even belong in managment only the truly incompetent become managers at helione.

Heli-One is a terrible place to work. This place is where you go for your soul to die.

Current Employee - Senior Accountant  in  Delta, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Senior Accountant in Delta, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Heli-One full-time for more than a year

Pros

Building is new and nice.

Cons

DO NOT WORK HERE. NOT in Any department, its ALL BAD. They suck you in with fake promises and a decent enough salary, but trust me you will be working CRAZY HOURS and be dealing with an even crazier management team. The systems are poor and outdated, there are no processes, information is really hard to find especially since this company has a really high turnover, everyone that had knowledge is no gone, very manual work plus you are dealing with employees who are so angry and bitter. They make the job postings seems so interesting, like you will be doing so much cool stuff, working for a global company, getting to travel...DON'T BUY INTO THIS. This place has such a negative, draining energy, working here will make you hate your life and wish you had never left your previous job. There have been people who have quit after as little as three months after starting that's how horrible it is. Some have turned down the position after accepting it once they were smart enough to find out details of the company from others. Don't let them fool you like they did me now I am stuck working here until I can find another job.

GET A LIFE. Stop being so corrupt. At the end of the day, the pawn and the king all go into the same box...just bad karma what you are doing.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Sinking ship. Run for your life!

I have been working at Heli-One full-time for more than a year

Pros

You can move up (though its because people are often fired) and future prospects for the company are about what you would expect. They have private phone rooms, which has been helpful because the offices are awful.

Cons

Hideously high turnover, benefits cut annually, no infrastructure in place to properly support the work needing to be done, complete and utter chaos in the offices as there are constantly issues to be worked out, and no one in administration knows what is going on. Upper management feels the need to constantly micromanage.

Stop acting like it is a great place to work. It is awful and everyone I know is looking for another job and would love to walk out the door with the middle finger in the air. If your employees are valuable, let them know and pay them accordingly.

Great people!

Current Employee - Technical Writer/Editor  in  Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Technical Writer/Editor in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Heli-One

Pros

People are really great here; enjoy coming to work. Lots of support at peer level.

Cons

Company is in a growth/restructuring phase, so things can seem chaotic and disorganized at times.

Communicate to employees - more detail about how restructuring is going and when we will see real tools to help in our everyday jobs.

Worked for Heli-One? Contribute to the Community!