Helix Electric Reviews

Safety first.

Current Employee - Apprentice in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Apprentice in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Helix Electric

Pros

Helix is a great electrical company but it's how much they care about employees safety that makes them extraordinary. They also encourage personal growth by offering all types of certifications and classes and they show they care with special events

Cons

There are no cons to report

Advice to Management

I would like to see more comradery between employees, maybe place a team in a softball or soccer league.

Jun 29, 2015 – Manager, Communications

Safety is our number one value and a benefit to working for Helix. We are proud to offer our employees excellence in training and development. Thank you for your input!

2. Awesome place to work!

I have been working at Helix Electric

Pros

If you want challenge, opportunity and a fast paced work environment, this is the place! You are only as limited as your dreams here. They say that they hire and promote based on merit and I have never been anywhere where this is more true. More and more employee engagement events are in the works, this is a company that cares about its employees!

Cons

None that I can speak of.

3. Growing and Improving

I have been working at Helix Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Growth Opportunities Great Experience Team Mentality Safety Innovations Training Opportunities Mentorships Reasonable Pay Great Benefits Sense of Accomplishment Various Work Experience Diverse Team

Cons

Communication Between Departments Needs some help Expectations can be Higher than pay grade The work Experience varies significantly depending on where you are working

Advice to Management

There needs to be stronger communication and more transparency within the company. At times it feels like good ideas are only good if they are free, but the company isn't willing to invest much in making growth and improvement. Anytime something involving cost comes around it is pushed around from Dept. to Dept. as it is argued about who would pay for it and how we can avoid paying for it. While it is good to keep costs down, it costs money to have to chase down someone who will pay for it.

5. Great Place to Be!

I have been working at Helix Electric full-time

Pros

Hires some of the best and brightest in the industry. Offers fun employee perks like food trucks, volunteer opportunities, etc. Congenial environment and exciting growth opportunities.

Cons

If you aren't a go-getter it could be difficult to succeed.

Jul 7, 2015 – Manager, Communications

Thanks for your review!

6. Journeyman Electrician

I worked at Helix Electric

Pros

You can't beat the money. The best benefits there are. Local 26 pays your benefits for you not like other companies out there you have to pay your own benefits with there cheap wages

Cons

Paid benefits. Best retirement in the DC , VA and MD area. Top notch apprenticeship/ journeyman training. No one ever comes close.

Advice to Management

You say you care about your employee's, you pay your employee's very well. Then prove it? Pay your employee's good money and pay there benefits for them.

Jun 29, 2015 – Manager, Communications

Thanks for your review! At Helix, we are continually striving to be an industry leader in training and development.

Paid for Performance - think like an owner and you'll be successful.

I have been working at Helix Electric full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You must enjoy working in a fast paced environment to work here. The executive team is approachable. To be successful you have to think like a business owner and act like one everyday. If you don't fit the profile, you will struggle in the "Helix culture." If you're programmed to think and act like an entrepreneur, you will be very successful and do well financially. I personally love the culture, the career opportunity, the core values, compensation and the people I work with. Love the financial stability and future outlook of Helix Electric!

Cons

You're responsible for creating work/life balance for yourself.

Advice to Management

The constant problem for all organizations...communication. Be clear and concise about the strategic goals and involve everyone in the vision. Empower people.

Jun 29, 2015 – Manager, Communications

One of core values at Helix is to recognize, reward and provide opportunities for those who excel. Thanks so much for your feedback!

Decent Company

I worked at Helix Electric

Pros

Pays well, plus they usually do large commerical projects.

Cons

Work can be sporadic. If current job is slow they will keep you at home until it picks up. Other companies I have previously worked for will send you to another job until the main job has pick up again.

Thank you for reviewing!

Exciting and Fast Paced - Never a dull moment!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Helix Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Very fast paced organization with lots of autonomy and not a ton of red tape. "Take the bull by the horns" mentality. Lots of opportunity to grow if you have the right attitude and are willing to work hard. There are many people who are tenured and have been with the organization for 10+ years who seem very passionate about the organization. Benefits are great (best I've had so far..) and environment is friendly. President is easily accessible as are most executive team members. New wave of management taking over with a "new school" mentality. Enormous backlog.

Cons

They do have some room to grow with technology but are working hard to overcome this. Not a ton of structure which leaves room for creativity and flexibility but this might not be for everyone. With the fast paced nature, you do have pressure to perform at a high level. Especially now with how busy things are.

Advice to Management

Continue down the path - headed in the right direction.

Jun 29, 2015 – Manager, Communications

Helix is proud to be an industry leader and that means providing significant growth opportunities for our employees. We appreciate your review!

10. I do not recommend working here.

Former Employee - Corporate Office in San Diego, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate Office in San Diego, CA

I worked at Helix Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Building is nice. Benefits are okay.

Cons

I do not recommend working here. The recruiters are not very truthful in bringing you in. They focus on only the negative. No women in upper management. The attitude towards women there is a throwback to the fifties. The compensation is not comparable to other positions. High turn over rate at the corporate office.

Advice to Management

You need to trust your employees a little more and not make them feel as if they are criminals. Also, training is helpful to all employees instead of yelling at them after they make a mistake they did not know would be a mistake to begin with. Job descriptions and actual guidelines are nice as well.

Jul 6, 2015 – Manager, Communications

Thanks so much for the feedback. Helix is striving every day to be the employer of choice in our industry.

11. Needs to learn how to treat loyal hardworking employees.

Former Employee - Anonymous in Las Vegas, NV
    Former Employee - Anonymous in Las Vegas, NV

I worked at Helix Electric full-time (More than a year)

Pros

No compliant regarding pay for type of work . Free lunch once a month, company sponsored picnic and Christmas party. .

Cons

The Victor factor (Las Vegas Branch), I did every thing I was asked plus more. Company paid insurance, but the plan was very restrictive.

Advice to Management

Reward loyalty and hard work.

Jul 7, 2015 – Manager, Communications

Thank you for your review!

RSS Feed </> Embed