Heller Consulting

Add Photos

Keith Heller & Jeffrey Appell

Amazing People, Great Work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsThis is a company that cares deeply about the people who work there and challenges them to grow not only in their particular job skills, but as people. Cultivating respect and self-awareness are required and paying attention to how you work with others leads to exceptional teamwork for clients. I worked at Heller for nine years and had the opportunity to learn just about every aspect of running a small consulting business. My ideas and concerns were always listened to, even if they weren't always acted on. I've never worked at a place with such a well-cultivated sense of teamwork.

ConsThe industry changes quickly and the business changes with it. Heller is very good at evaluating its options, but if you're someone who is uncomfortable with changing roles and sometimes quickly evolving structures, it can be tough.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever lose your focus on the value of intentional team development. It is what makes Heller Consulting such a great place.

Great people, fulfilling work, balanced work and life.

Director of Marketing (Current Employee)
    Denver, CO

ProsWorking with Heller allows me to do work I enjoy and help nonprofit organizations too. Good balance between a profitable company and nonprofit experience.

ConsIt's an agency feel at times, so there are deadlines for sure. I've had much worse though.

Advice to Senior ManagementAs you grow, company culture will evolve. Don't force it or let it stagnate, but guide the evolution like nurturing a puppy.

Great boutique firm. Fantastic colleagues and nonprofit clients.

ProsI have worked at Heller for a few years. The work is very challenging, but can be extremely rewarding. Almost cliche to say, but my colleagues are the best part of coming to work each day. A close second is the opportunity to work with amazing nonprofit organizations across North America.

ConsWork can be very challenging. Project-based work is typically very deadline-driven. There are certainly lower-impact jobs out there. This is a job you have to love to do well.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to conscientiously grow the firm. There is an excellent core group of employees, but we could do more for the sector if we can grow in a sustainable way.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

worst place to work

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosthere are none for this company

Consa host of immoral business tatics. not the friendliest staff

Advice to Senior Managementclean it up

Not Good at Company Management and Treating Employees Well.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGood Benefits. Flexible Schedule. HQ close to public transportation.

ConsLack of advancement. Unorganized company that still believes they are a start up. Bad HR management. Lack of quality people skills. No solid company rules, makes them up as they go. Lack of recognition.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote people into management who have a better skill set and experience. Have a better direction of company policies.

hard working committed team

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsSmart folks, committed team, casual workpace

Consno real cons, great place to work and awesome team environment.

Great place to work.

Client Representative (Former Employee)
    Berkeley, CA

ProsThe owner, Keith Heller is probably the best manager I ever worked for. His time management skills are incredible. He focuses on what is important and is open to everyone learning and growing. He takes care of himself and his family and encourages you to do the same. There is continuous communication, feedback and improvement in processes. Continuous creativity in expanding business opportunities and you are doing it all to help non profits improve their fundraising. Wish I still worked there.

ConsCan't think of any. I left for personal reasons. I do know that if you are a consultant it does require extensive travel which may be difficult for many people.

Advice to Senior ManagementI really don't have any advice for this section, but it's required, so I would say maybe look for ways to continue delivering services while minimizing stress for consultants.

Worked for Heller Consulting? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heller Consulting reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Heller Consulting CEO Keith Heller & Jeffrey Appell. All 7 reviews posted anonymously by Heller Consulting employees.