Helmerich & Payne International Drilling

Be The First To
Add Photos

Hans Helmerich

Awesome Company

Floor Hand (Former Employee)
Odessa, TX

I worked at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling full-time for more than a year

ProsAt lower levels, like roughnecks, they treat everyone great. They will definitely get their money's worth out of you. But the hard work is always reciprocated with great pay and fair treatment. Even through tough times they try to lay off as few people as possible. Unless you deserve it, then you're gone.

ConsThe hours were long and the 14/14 hitches were long too. But for the money the hours worked alright, and for as long as the commute was, the hitches weren't bad either

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you're doing, I would love to come back and work for H&P after I graduate

Best company I could ever imagine working for

Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling full-time for more than a year

ProsThey actually value their employees and encourage them to stay. Many companies out there could care less if their employees leave, even the best ones. They do not understand the cost involved in hiring a new person and hoping they will be as good some day. H&P does not do that. The majority of workers there have been there for 10+ years and many 20+ years. They pay is good and the benefits are as well.

ConsIn my job there is a little bit of travel but honestly not enough to be a burden. They are very good about making sure 1 person does not get the brunt of being away from their families for a day or 2.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. It is obviously working.

Great Company

Floor Hand/Intern (Former Employee)
Calumet, OK

I worked at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling full-time for less than a year

ProsVery good environment/culture
Very knowledgeable
Willing to teach new comers

ConsHard work, can be challenging.
Need strong work ethic

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A company worth working for.

Lead Floor Hand (Former Employee)

I worked at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling

ProsGreat benefits. Great work schedule and compensation. Very safe orientated. Team ethic's put forth.

ConsSometimes management will not look to far into the facts or reasons for something that falls within their structered personell manual of rules and regulations to find the truth. If you think something isn't feeling right you better make a call to the human resources department ASAP for the clarrification you need or you may find yourself on the unemployment line if you are not aware of some of your federal laws and rights you are given by law.

Advice to Senior ManagementBeing better informed with federal regulations and laws when dealing with employee dis-missal's.

Great company to work for

Derrickman (Current Employee)

I have been working at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling

ProsGood pay. Time off. Growing company. An Industry leader

ConsLack of progress, performance assessments

Advice to Senior ManagementConduct or offer periodic grading or assessments of individual and team performance.

Amazing opportunity with great company!

Accounts Payable (Current Employee)
Tulsa, OK

ProsHelmerich & Payne is a great company that is flexible and strong. The values and culture of Helmerich & Payne make it a great company to work for.

ConsThere seems to be limited opportunity for career expansion. Most departments tend to be fairly lateral and flat with limited growth opportunities within the company.

Was better before when it was more like a family.

Rig Electrician (Current Employee)
Dickinson, ND

I have been working at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling full-time for more than 8 years

ProsThe pay checks are good

ConsA 14/7 schedule, company is all about its own pockets now.

slow

Floorhand (Current Employee)

I have been working at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling full-time for more than 3 years

Proshighly emphasis on training. safetly is important

Conswork with some people who are not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Family and friends click

Offshore Floorhand (Current Employee)

ProsTime off and the pay is nice.

ConsToo much of a family and friends click and gossip goes on too much. Sometimes the supervision doesn't always go by the rules which frustrates me to no end. There is a lot of hypocrisy that goes on.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen something is said don't go back on it and don't pick when to go by the rules and procedures and when someone lower than you in position suggests something, or about safety don't let your self pride get in the way of a better idea or your and everyone safety. That's what stops company growth and what kills people (SELF PRIDE).

Worked for Helmerich & Payne International Drilling? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Helmerich & Payne International Drilling reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Helmerich & Payne International Drilling CEO Hans Helmerich. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Helmerich & Payne International Drilling employees.