Help/Systems Reviews

Updated July 31, 2014
Updated July 31, 2014

2.9

Janet Dryer

Okay if you know how to manage & live with politics and growing pains

I have been working at Help/Systems full-time

Pros

Being a smaller company, I've had oppotunities to get my hands in a lot of projects. There are often fringe benefits that many other companies cut with the most recent recession; including bonus vacation days.

Cons

The politics that occur, especially at the manager and executive levels, can be unnecessary. If you can find a way to deal with the politics, you can succeed.

Stay away

I have been working at Help/Systems

Pros

Free food - they want you to drink their poison kool-aide

Cons

Micromanaged - everyone has an office for a reason - so you Shut up & put up! The CEO & her pets are totally unethical & unprofessional!

Leave

High energy, fast growing

Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Regional Sales Manager in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Help/Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HelpSystems is a medium size company in Eden Prairie. It has grown organically and through acquisition. The work place is optimal for those who like advancement opportunities. Lots of hiring and new jobs added each year. Great people and very fun.

Cons

It can be hard to get new people trained and up-to-speed. Remote offices can take managers away from their home office.

I feel lucky and proud to be part of such a wonderful group.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great culture. Great People.

I have been working at Help/Systems full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

-For the size the company has become, the people are ALL so caring and kind. Not to mention passionate about their jobs and go well beyond what is expected of them which rubs off on everyone else.
    -Great benefits
    -Regular perks/gifts to employees that incentivize people
    -Tremendous volunteer work available and very generous to the community and charities
    -Brand new office

Cons

-Some growing pains but that is to be expected when acquiring new companies to add to the product lines.

Over all very positive.

I have been working at Help/Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company has a great culture. They provide a lot of incentives to the employees. The CEO trys very hard to appreciate all of the employees. It is a positive upbeat environment. There is a lot of opportunity for advancement.

Cons

The company is growing very fast, so you have to really like change to like working at this company. There a lot of new employees that may not appreciate the culture that has been in place since inception.

It is OK to over communicate. The more informatin available to employees the better.

Decisions are made with little regard for data

I worked at Help/Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great people in the ranks who are smart and work hard

Cons

Management changes direction with the wind. Not much regard for actual data when looking to the future. If someone falls out of favor, they are let go or pressured to leave.There are the favorites of the CEO who are too afraid to fall out of favor so they just follow along and don't recommend change or disagree with plans.

Focus on the core business and the core people who made the company great.

Not a good fit for me

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Help/Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Help/Systems owns the IBM midrange space for IBM i, in system automation, security, and BI. They are growing thru acquisition and have absorbed much of their competition. They own the space they are in and will be successful it because there are so few competitors left. Many of their products are good and work well so they are able to establish prices and terms.

Cons

Senior management is rigid and inflexible making working there very difficult. I was part of a company that was purchased and found senior management to not be truthful about their intentions. They also changed their minds about decisions that had been announced as company policy.

Employees know they have to keep their opinions about how Help is run to themselves or they will be let go. Loyalty is absolutely the most important trait to working for Help.

Recognize you have lost a lot of talent because of the way you view your employees

Most people are unhappy but afraid to say

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I have been working at Help/Systems full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great pay and benefits.
    Everyone has their own office.
    We get lots of free food.
    Plenty of gifts when the company is doing good financially.
    The employees want to do a great job and care about our products.

Cons

Like many of the comments already mentioned, the CEO and upper management have their favorite people. These are the people that get rewarded and promoted.

Company now grows through acquisitions rather than product enhancements. I feel sorry for the companies Help/Systems acquires and the customers that get folded in.

The policy is "If you aren't happy, then leave." We don't want to leave, we want to fix the issues. I wish that management would be able to talk to the CEO without fear.

Take a look at why so many upper management people have left the company. We want to fix the issues, but CEO only wants to hear that we are the best.

Stop encourage us to vote high marks on surveys to show we are a great company. It would be nice if we tried to be better and weren't afraid to vote honestly.

"Stay the course" is a theme for management. It worked when the company was doing well. Now that it seems to be heading for a cliff, it might be time for a new plan.

Great company benefits, poor management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Eden Prairie, MN

I worked at Help/Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company recognizes employees and has some great benefits. It's a growing company that is highly profitable.

Cons

Poor choices in management. Make decisions quick without fully analyzing cost and outcomes.

Really use your employees to their full potential.

Drive away great employees

I worked at Help/Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

Everyone gets their own office, but the walls are so thin that you end up treating the space like a cubical. Food is frequently brought in, need it be lunch, pizza, or pie. It would have been nice to see healthier options.

Cons

Great employees are not rewarded for their hard work and successes. Instead the CEO's groupies receive rewards and promoted for work substandard work. Upper management doesn't listen to field experts and make poor decisions while changing their minds frequently. This type of management is very difficult and frustrating to work for which results in nothing being efficient.

When something goes wrong, upper management doesn't want to hear and starts pointing fingers instead of trying to learn from the experience and ends up throwing hard workers under the buss. Not only does this company have troubles keeping new employees but people are frequently fired.

There is a great amount of effort put into acquisitions of new companies but persistent existing company problems are not resolved. Hence, just causing a bigger mess of a company.

This isn't a sorority, reward the people that deserve it even if they are not friends.

Worked for Help/Systems? Contribute to the Community!