Helzberg Diamonds

Be The First To
Add Photos

Helzberg Diamonds Chairman and CEO Beryl B. Raff

Beryl B. Raff

Pros
  • Berkshire Hathaway bragging rights (in 5 reviews)

• Employee Discount; annual training seminars (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • Upper management and corporates response to concerns about the environment (in 4 reviews)

• Used to have an awesome commission structure where if you sold a (in 4 reviews)

More Highlights

Decent job

MIT (Former Employee) Raleigh, NC

ProsGreat Mgr and associates.

ConsLowest salary in the jewelry industry.

Advice to Senior ManagementBetter selection of diamonds to compete with the big boys.

Great place to work

Sales Associate (Current Employee) Langhorne, PA

ProsGet to play with jewelry

ConsNot a lot of room for growth

Advice to Senior ManagementBEtter pay

If you are not a yes man your out regardless of how good you are

Store Manager (Current Employee)

ProsYou get to help people share important events in their lives.

ConsRetail work schedule for managers sucks they work you to death and never give a thank you they just suck you for more of your life. It use to be a company that took care of its employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementUpper management lives in a fairy tale land called Kansas City. They have no idea that other parts of the country are economically different.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Horrible

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsNothing! This is a life sucking Career

ConsEverything WAS HORRIBLE!!! Stay Far Away

Advice to Senior ManagementYou Suckk!

The industry is quite interesting and always changing; corporate management, however, remains always etched

Store Manager (Former Employee)

ProsLearning (and becoming certified) in precious metals, stones and diamonds is very enticing.
    At the management levels there are considerable opportunities to network throughout.
    The jewelry community is surprisingly small; many associates have come from other competitors.

ConsHelzberg, like so many other corporate entities is sometimes strangle-held by (institutional) size, and the inability to flex freely. Sometimes old/bad habits are not filtered-out through the hiring of other individuals transferring loyalty assignments (between companies).

Advice to Senior ManagementEstablish a venue to openly discuss issues and ideas with store managers, devoid of immediate direct report supervisors present/able to discern engagement.

Great people to work with.

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsThey make an effort to find outgoing, nice, trustworthy people.

ConsLong, detailed, hiring process- but understood considering how many diamonds you have at your fingertips. Financing pushed.

OK atmosphere, but low end pay!!

FT Sales (Former Employee)

Prostraining was overall very good. Professional surroundings, Manager didn't address any employee concerns, just kind of swept them under the rug .

Conslow pay, a lot of stealing sales, Sales would sometimes be taken from you even when you had proof of a client sheet.

Mr. Buffet needs to hear from the employees in the field

Sales Associate (Current Employee)

ProsTraining is about the only thing I can think of.

ConsPoor management at regional and store level, present CEO degraded the company. Sales performance is the only thing that Headquarters cares about in retaining regional managers regardless of how selfserving, underhanded and opportunistic they are. The company has lost it's culture of caring about it's people...... the Helzberg touch which made it a success !

Advice to Senior ManagementStart looking at other things than just the bottom line and profits could actually soar !

Wonderful!

Sales Associate (Former Employee) Atlanta, GA

ProsGreat working environment and outstanding training!

ConsGreat only if you love working with people and can work as a team. Need to be able to handle fast paced learning, goes beyond jewelry sales

Fun, but not a serious long term job.

Sales Associate (Former Employee)

ProsLaid back atmosphere if working with the right managers and coworkers.

ConsLow pay if you are trying to support a family.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet rid of aggressive employees that bring down the atmosphere. Keeping around the laid back team oriented people are worth it.

Worked for Helzberg Diamonds? Contribute to the Community!