Hendrick Automotive Group Reviews

2.8
Edward J. (Ed) Brown III

1. BDR

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great income at first, good benefits, good name to have on resume

Cons

micromanaged, high pressure, not honest, manipulative

2. Hendrick Hyundai North

Former Employee - Service Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great group of core employees!

Cons

Upper managers not caring about employees is causing the work place to become not so good anymore. Where the corporation was a great place to be and work Mr. Hendrick is a great person.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people

3. good if you can take the hours

I worked at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time

Pros

very friendly sales team. Always got a courteous answer for any questions I had. Very good training program, and continued training

Cons

Long hours, sometimes as late as 11pm. No up system, so sales associates were always trying to beat out others for customers.

Advice to Management

Develop an "Up System" that is fair to all. This way each person has an opportunity to talk to potential customers.

5. Lack of communication

Former Employee - Finance Manager in Daytona Beach, FL
    Former Employee - Finance Manager in Daytona Beach, FL

I worked at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very good compensation package and pay plan.

Cons

Daily drama, lack of process and constant finger pointing. Unbelievable amount of paperwork on each deal.

Advice to Management

Dont ask for constructive criticism if you dont want a honest response. It was the most unprofessional place I've ever worked. Understand the road to a sale instead of reinventing the wheel every other day.

6. Good Atmosphere

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hendrick Automotive Group (More than 10 years)

Pros

Good fringe benefits. Cars, races, salary comp, benefits, etc.

Cons

Some bad management that will not go away.

7. Which bill should I pay?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hoover, AL

I have been working at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people that you meet here are good hearted southern people with great hearts. They have become great friends and almost like family. I love the hours I work and this position is not micromanaged which is also a plus.

Cons

I am struggling to live off of what I am being paid working here. My current income does not allow me to do much of anything outside of work and I am sometimes forced to choose which bill to pay. This company also does not promote within or do they let you know when a position comes available.

8. LIES LIES LIES YEAH...

Former Employee - Automotive Technician in Charleston, SC
    Former Employee - Automotive Technician in Charleston, SC

I worked at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people you work with day -to-day are the best people around...your peers are the only tolerable part of the job. The shop is top of the line equipment and all...but its just for show.

Cons

Don't fall for the signing bonus gimmick they use to get you in the door...it doesn't exist. The GM himself told me the company doesn't give signing bonuses. If you are promised anything, GET IT IN WRITING or you will NOT GET IT. BOTTOM LINE. MH is the biggest liar of them all. Management makes promises they don't keep. They will say anything to get you in the door, but never follow through with it. Management at this location is deceitful, lies to employees and doesn't back you up. Management paints a picture of the work likfe balance that doesn't exist once you start working there. Management claims you will get a lot of turned hours, and they will fight for your pay, but they don't. Benefits cost a lot for your portion, but don't cover anything. the warranty clerk will dupe you out of money every chance they get because management only cares abotu company profit not you making a living. they will screw you wherever they can.

Advice to Management

Dont lie! Do what you say you will. Don't get rid of the people who make the company better. Don't pretend the Rick Hendrick motto of Happy customers are due to happy employees. He's so out of touch...employees get treated poorly. Don't advertise signing bonuses of $2,000-$5,000 when you know the company does not give them.

Luxury Group Sales

I have been working at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time

Pros

Great benefits package. Great employee purchase programs available from manufacturer. Opportunities to be promoted from within. Talented low-level management and good people on sales team.

Cons

Hours are terrible (60+ hours per week with every Saturday and the occasional Sunday). Hours are unpredictable and make family and social life difficult. Pay plan is overly complicated and full of nearly impossible qualifiers that make bonuses nonexistent. Micromanagement is rampant. Top-level management is disconnected and more concerned with profit than taking care of employees.

Advice to Management

Recognize your talented employees and pay them what they deserve for the personal sacrifices they make. Place more value on tenured sales staff to reduce turnover. Simplify pay plan.

10. I like It !

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Birmingham, AL
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Birmingham, AL

I have been working at Hendrick Automotive Group full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great Earning Potential and Co workers. Fun and family oriented environment .Lots of spiffs, training and events for staff .

Cons

Long Hours , VERY Competitive environment sometimes sleazy ways are exhibited towards co workers . Need to have thick skin for those who try to discourage .

Advice to Management

Really get to know your employees , touch base with them individually , don't show favoritism , draw the line between friendship and management .

11. Sales Manager

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Hendrick Automotive Group (More than a year)

Pros

401K, Insurance, Benfits, Spiffs, Extra Opportunities for Advancement, Networking, Teambuilding, Family-Oriented, etc. This company will give back twice what you put in. I started at a very menial position and within 1.5 years was is a very well paying position; 3 times better than what I had ever made previously.

Cons

Long Hours, reluctancy from management to provide advice.

Advice to Management

This company is constantly adapting to its enviornment, which sometimes leaves commissioned employees left hanging. Unfortunately it's the nature of the auto sales business these days - things can literally change so quickly day-to-day that there is very little time to update your sales team.

RSS Feed </> Embed