Hendrick Medical Center Reviews

Reset
CEO

1. central supply tech

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center (Less than a year)

Pros

It is a good place to work for

Cons

pay is not good, they don t provide lots of benefits

2. Salary

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center full-time

Pros

Nice large hospital And continues to expand. Tuition reimbursements for certain degrees.

Cons

Not enough pay to stay at competitive with other hospitals. Hospital consistently has high turn over rates which makes dept understaffed and over worked

3. Local hospital, largest employer in area

Former Employee - Marketing in Abilene, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Abilene, TX

I worked at Hendrick Medical Center full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Easy to move up in the company if you are willing to stay there for a while. The HR team works really hard for employee engagement and there are several opportunities year round to get involved. The new additions of the hospital have also been great!

Cons

Pay could be more, but it is decent for the area. Friendly environment facilitated through the Gallup survey's that employees are required to take. Parking can be some what annoying.

Advice to Management

I was fortunate to see my manager constantly and that aiding in me exceeding. I always felt that I was apart of the team.

5. I was able to apply and advance my skills at this job.

Pros

Very friendly staff and felt like we had each others backs. I felt like as a department we shared knowledge and worked well together.

Cons

felt like role wasnt as respected but some of the other staff and our knowledge wasnt utilized to its full potential

Advice to Management

Respiratory deserves more pay and prn employyes that work close to full time hours should be allowed more absences

Night Shift

Current Employee - Transporter Night Shift in Abilene, TX
    Current Employee - Transporter Night Shift in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent hours, employees around the hospital are fairly nice,

Cons

Very little trust in management, watch your back

Advice to Management

If you are going to get mad at one get mad at all who are guilty of the same or worse.

There's room for improvement

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Abilene, TX

I have been working at Hendrick Medical Center full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hendrick is a hospital that serves surrounding the counties. Many patients who come to the Trauma Center do not see a Primary Care Physician. The Trauma Center "is" their Primary Physician. Some parts of the hospital are new and fresh and look nice.

Cons

Some older parts of the facility look worn, sad, run down, and depressing. Also, many visitors look lost and ask for directions. Improved signage could help them get to their destinations more easily. The cafeteria seating area is dirty and crowded. Many visitors and employees come to the cafeteria to enjoy a few minutes before getting back to work or caring for loved ones.

Advice to Management

1) A fresh coat of paint (not a dull, drab color) -- different colors based on which wing it is -- and new flooring would do wonders. It doesn't have to be expensive, just new and fresh and easy to clean. 2) Install clear signage/directions for visitors and new employees to help them get to their desired destinations. 3) Reinstall/replace the sliding glass door that doesn't seal properly, that allows insects, leaves, and trash to enter the hospital. 4) Remove carpeting and fabric on chairs in cafeteria. You can't sanitize fabric or carpet. Install seating and vinyl or tile that can easily be cleaned and sanitized. You can't keep the cafeteria too clean.

RSS Feed </> Embed