Henkels & McCoy Reviews

Rod Henkels

1. Good Companh

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I have been working at Henkels & McCoy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good management, but some people lack motivation. Fun place to work. Would recommend to others. I plan on staying here for a while.

Cons

Some of the workers lack motivation, and the productivity of the company suffers for that. This company could be much better if some people were more motivated.

Advice to Management

My advice is to either motivate some of the employees or to get new employees that have motivation, in order for the company to run more smoothly.

2. Project Scheduler

Former Employee - Project Scheduler in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Project Scheduler in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Henkels & McCoy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They provide top notch training for their schedulers.

Cons

No motivation for advancement

3. Electrical Engineer

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pomona, CA

I worked at Henkels & McCoy (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally good office environment. Not a slave shop. Good on paying for outside education.

Cons

Do not make an attempt to professionally reward the biggest contributors.. Internal crony politics and family relatives seem to be the basis for advancement.. Reviews held lower than rational with trivial categories.

Advice to Management

Pay more attention to those who do the heavy lifting.and recognize the true performers. Don't become a haven for lazy and under motivated..

5. low pay bad benefits

Former Employee - Assistant Engineer in Saylorsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Assistant Engineer in Saylorsburg, PA

I worked at Henkels & McCoy (More than a year)

Pros

You have minimal healthcare for family, free parking, decent building but crouded. They have spell check but some Senior people refuse to use it. There computer system is one step up from hand written notes.

Cons

Stepping stone to better job, better off avoiding

Advice to Management

Clean house and start over with managers who have real hands on experience and the education to back it up. You will never get the projects end off the ground when your selling boat anchors in the desert.

Get experience, then move on.

I worked at Henkels & McCoy full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Free parking, excellent low-cost cafeteria, profit sharing in 'good' years, company matched IRA contributions to certain level, short 'vested' schedule, year end bonus (amount varies). Growing diversity of staff is encouraging, yet slow at senior levels.

Cons

Mediocre health benefit package with high co-pay. Archaic vacation/sick policies. Arbitrary policies regarding stock ownership opportunities. Rigid yet non-uniformly applied zero drug/alcohol enforcement policy on national level.

Advice to Management

Liberalize vacation, sick time, and family leave policies, allow rollovers for unused days for use in medical emergencies; de-emphasize conservative worldview at company functions; recognize and encourage more ethnic and gender diversity at all levels.

7. Worst work experience

Former Employee - Career Coach
    Former Employee - Career Coach

I worked at Henkels & McCoy (More than a year)

Pros

Great co-workers that you can count on

Cons

Terrible, unreliable management, horrible turnover, HR and corporate that is not involved with local management issues

Cable Technician

I have been working at Henkels & McCoy

Pros

Try to keep technicians working

Cons

Promotions and raises are almost impossible

Career Coach

I have been working at Henkels & McCoy

Pros

decent pay, paid weekly, busy work schedule, never a dull moment

Cons

challenging clients and shifting responsibilities; figure it out yourself

Watch Out. Be sure you check out carefully.

Former Employee - Account Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I worked at Henkels & McCoy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Established company. Don't think you have to worry about getting your paycheck. Pay is ok bureviews, in my case it was at or slightly below market. Benefits are good.

Cons

Where do I start!! First, the company is not structured for this century. Very much a "we've done it this way for the last 90 years and we'll keep doing it that way". Very little diversity. Very much, eastern, white christian environment. Quality of workmanship is lower than industry standard, in my opinion, because the schedule is created at headquarters and managed daily. So if you were supposed to have something done today and to do it "right" will take more time than allotted, you need to finish it any way you can so it works. Its' all about the numbers. During my tenure didn't make wise investments in emerging market and where they did make investments, they grow impatient with them almost from the beginning. Very siloed organization even within division with management in conflict so it takes a long time to get things done and often your end up having to negotiate between fueding managers. Gives virtually no responsibility to those outside of management. Not forward thinkers. Limited job security as they will lay you off in a second if it suits their immediate needs. Safety culture is a good thing, but the state purpose of that culture is not so much about the employees but at least publicly withint he company focused on reducing the costs resulting from accidents and injuries. Remember, it is a family owned business with a lot of family mouths to feed so everything is about today's profit, not about investment in a greater profit tomorrow.

Advice to Management

Purge and diversify. While being 90 years old has some benefits, when the company is running like it is the middle of last century, it will have continuing trouble competing. The world does not revolve around the way H&M headquarters thinks it should. Working for another company in the same space which is very much different in that it is run by people who delegate to the field, are focused more on doing what it takes to get the business, keeping processes and structural layers at absolute mimimums, actively working to have a diversified workforce and put not only the safety of the employees as a priority but also the welfare and family lives of the employees. Bottom line, is I have been able to accomplish way more in terms of volume of business, the types of business and profitability of business than I could ever accomplishj and Henkels & Destroy (the nickname in our market).

Instructor

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

I have been working at Henkels & McCoy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

A very good company that cares of it's employees

Cons

A very large company, and sometimes hard to move up the ladder

RSS Feed </> Embed