Henricksen & Company

2.8

Henricksen & Company President Michael D. Assell
Michael D. Assell
1 Rating

Great company! Family Oriented.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Henricksen & Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Amazing smart co-workers with a get it done attitude. Management is smart and quick to react. Each location is a very independent business run for each region they are in. They believe the client comes first and are very fair in the decisions they make. Fun atmosphere! Educate their employees to succeed.

Cons

Each location is very independent business run for each region they are in. No management consistency from one location. Minneapolis location is run by a queen bee who controls everything from management to receptionist. She also is the HR representative for this location and uses the info she has access to manipulate the personnel and the organization.

Consistency between locations. Don't put employees in a box and keep them there....shake it up.

You are just a number....

I worked at Henricksen & Company full-time

Pros

Knowledgeable, hard working and dedicated sales people and administrative support. They also have a beautiful and cutting edge working showroom.

Cons

Management does not think outside of the box, you are hired for one job and that is the job you will do. Management does not support product training for all employees. Management divided the sales group by industry (government/public sector, healthcare and corporate). This causes a lot of tension between the sales reps because, say the corporate team brought an assisted living project, management makes them give it over to the healthcare team or if the corporate team brought in a school district opportunity due to their industry contacts, management makes them hand it over to the public sector group. Lastly, when you plan to leave you don't need to give a notice because they will just send you home on the spot with o further pay and cut off your benefits the day you leave. So make sure you are prepared financially and emotionally and all of you benefits are worked out.

Show some support and compassion for your employees. Help them grow and be open-minded to trying new approaches to achieve a winning sales team.

stagnant

Current Employee - Project Manager  in  Naperville, IL
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Naperville, IL

I have been working at Henricksen & Company

Pros

In my possition I am left alone by management to do my job.

Cons

no communication, no reviews, and management truely does not understand what each of our jobs entails.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small Company Work Environment

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Henricksen & Company

Pros

Small company where you know everyone including senior managment. Friendly, fun & casual work environment.

Cons

Management dislikes confrontation and does not effectively deal with personnel issues. Whomever complains the loudest or most frequently is to whom management listens.

Hold all employees equally accountable, establish performance criteria and expections for all positions and actually hold reviews. Have employees review management.

overall a professional atmosphere

Current Employee - Project Manager
    Current Employee - Project Manager

I have been working at Henricksen & Company

Pros

managment lets me do my job without micro-managing

Cons

no real concept of my job responsibilitis consequently no feedback or acknowledgement of performing my job well.

reviews should be performed anually. Opinions/feedback from the sales team should be considered and incuded in the review.

Worked for Henricksen & Company? Contribute to the Community!