Henricksen & Company

Be The First To
Add Photos

Henricksen & Company President Michael D. Assell

Michael D. Assell

Great company! Family Oriented.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsAmazing smart co-workers with a get it done attitude. Management is smart and quick to react. Each location is a very independent business run for each region they are in. They believe the client comes first and are very fair in the decisions they make. Fun atmosphere! Educate their employees to succeed.

ConsEach location is very independent business run for each region they are in. No management consistency from one location. Minneapolis location is run by a queen bee who controls everything from management to receptionist. She also is the HR representative for this location and uses the info she has access to manipulate the personnel and the organization.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsistency between locations. Don't put employees in a box and keep them there....shake it up.

You are just a number....

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsKnowledgeable, hard working and dedicated sales people and administrative support. They also have a beautiful and cutting edge working showroom.

ConsManagement does not think outside of the box, you are hired for one job and that is the job you will do. Management does not support product training for all employees. Management divided the sales group by industry (government/public sector, healthcare and corporate). This causes a lot of tension between the sales reps because, say the corporate team brought an assisted living project, management makes them give it over to the healthcare team or if the corporate team brought in a school district opportunity due to their industry contacts, management makes them hand it over to the public sector group. Lastly, when you plan to leave you don't need to give a notice because they will just send you home on the spot with o further pay and cut off your benefits the day you leave. So make sure you are prepared financially and emotionally and all of you benefits are worked out.

Advice to Senior ManagementShow some support and compassion for your employees. Help them grow and be open-minded to trying new approaches to achieve a winning sales team.

stagnant

Project Manager (Current Employee) Naperville, IL

ProsIn my possition I am left alone by management to do my job.

Consno communication, no reviews, and management truely does not understand what each of our jobs entails.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small Company Work Environment

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsSmall company where you know everyone including senior managment. Friendly, fun & casual work environment.

ConsManagement dislikes confrontation and does not effectively deal with personnel issues. Whomever complains the loudest or most frequently is to whom management listens.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold all employees equally accountable, establish performance criteria and expections for all positions and actually hold reviews. Have employees review management.

overall a professional atmosphere

Project Manager (Current Employee)

Prosmanagment lets me do my job without micro-managing

Consno real concept of my job responsibilitis consequently no feedback or acknowledgement of performing my job well.

Advice to Senior Managementreviews should be performed anually. Opinions/feedback from the sales team should be considered and incuded in the review.

Worked for Henricksen & Company? Contribute to the Community!