Henry Ford Health System

Reset
3.1
Henry Ford Health System President and CEO Nancy M. Schlichting
Nancy M. Schlichting

Pros
  • good benefits, good place to work (in 9 reviews)

• Great atmosphere and work life balance (in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • there were no raises for the past 4 years, benefits have been continuously trimmed (in 5 reviews)

• Management protects Management and works the rest of us to death or to the point that you have to seek health from a mental health professional (in 3 reviews)

1. Nursing Assistant

I worked at Henry Ford Health System

Pros

Flexible, Great work Environment and place to work.

Cons

night shift if hired in as i was

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work

2. RN

Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse in Ferndale, MI
    Current Employee - Psychiatric Nurse in Ferndale, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful patients great coworkers great atmosphere many opportunities for growth and a great place to learn as it is a teaching hospital

Cons

Not great support from all management and some rude coworkers and lower pay than other area hospitals

Advice to Management

Be more supportive to employees, making sure that is adequate staff coverage on the floors so as nurses do not go overworked or burnt out so easily

3. Serious Management issues

I worked at Henry Ford Health System full-time

Pros

I really enjoyed my co-workers. We were a great bunch and tried to enjoy our time there.

Cons

the management turnover is out of control, a new manager or director at least twice a year, each one coming in "to make big changes". Made it unbearable for the staff

Advice to Management

try not to immediately start the job out by turning the unit upside down in order to prove to your superiors that you could really make some changes. You lose a lot of really great, hardworking employees.

5. Great company

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very great organization to work for. Company has great benefits as well as employee discounts for different things and places.

Cons

I have no complaints working for Henry ford,

RN-PACU

Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Registered Nurse in Detroit, MI

I worked at Henry Ford Health System full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, great support, very involved management.

Cons

I worked at Main Campus in Detroit which has little to no parking and you must park far from the hospital and take a shuttle to the hospital. That really stunk, especially in bad weather. HR is very slow to respond.

Registered Nurse

Former Employee - Staff RN in Detroit, MI
    Former Employee - Staff RN in Detroit, MI

I worked at Henry Ford Health System full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Large Hospital that provides extensive experience.

Cons

Below standard compensation, poor health benefits. Culture is non supportive and promotes horizontal hostility. Miserable place to work with no advancement opportunities unless you are in a click with management

Advice to Management

none.

8. Good job opportunity

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System

Pros

As a surgeon, I thought that the work environment was supportive and generally helpful. The OR at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital runs smoothly and efficiently, and I think that they provide excellent care. The nursing staff and anesthesia support is superb. I think that Nancy Schlichting's vision is superb, and most of senior administration is highly qualified and excellent communicators.

Cons

Henry Ford Hospital is an old institution in need of renovation. Unfortunately, that will not occur for the foreseeable future because of their huge investment in EPIC. In addition, there were some changes made to standardize the appearance of the clinic spaces at HFH which unfortunately resulted in a sterile feel to the clinic space. There was minimal or no input from the departments on that decision, and departments were charged for the artwork that appeared in their patient waiting areas. In addition, the call center is well-intentioned, but it is located at a remote location from the hospital. On the other hand, the clinic space at HFWB and Columbus Center is excellent.

Advice to Management

Try to focus more on being an academic medical center, like CCF or Mayo, when selecting new chairs. Many of the chairs are relatively new, and some of them lack significant academic credentials.

Contact Center Advocate

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Henry Ford is a great company, good benefits. A person can really learn a lot in this job.

Cons

Working in customer service with the public is draining. Another con is it is just answering phones all day, very repetitive.

Hoping for better

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System full-time

Pros

Great opportunity to utilize your skills and you will definitely continue to grow here.

Cons

Some of the technicians are rude and disrespectful and they are the so called lead techs. Management let this get out of control especially because one of the techs is really good friends with the manager and he lets her get away with things.

Advice to Management

Keep your friendships outside work, show no favoritism in the work environment. If that was in check you would be a better boss.

11. CSR

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dearborn, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at Henry Ford Health System

Pros

Can not think of any. Very sad career choice and disappointing that common courtesy and values are not respected and managers do not care

Cons

Always under staffed. Pay is a joke. Company policies apply to only certain people.

Advice to Management

Pay for skilled people who want a career. Fire people who are always late and always calling off. Stop giving people their choice schedule for their school and their OTHER JOBS and child care while others have to work around their needs.

RSS Feed </> Embed