Henry Wurst

Mike Wurst

Long time employee

Current Employee - Production in North Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Production in North Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Henry Wurst full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Worked through the tough times, a survivor in the printing industry, good people to work with, small enought that you don't get lost in the shuffle but big enough that you have opportunities to learn and grow

Cons

It's been a tough industry but seems to be turning around with the economy. Some negative people here who expect sunshine and rainbows everyday at work. It's work. Do your best and don't be a complainer

Fair

I have been working at Henry Wurst full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The company has always been fair to me. I have worked here for over 15 years. Many of our employees have worked over 25 to 30 years. A company does not keep employees unless they are fair and equitable. Those that have complained were just not good and no doubt are not complaining about their new employer. I have held various positions in those years and have always had the opportunity to move up when I did a good job.

Cons

The printing industry has been very challenged in the last five years. The move away from print and to electronic media has hurt many printers, and many have gone out of business. In order to stay viable the company has had to make some very tough decisions to downsize and unload not productive people. This is the unfortunate circumstance of an industry that has matured.

At first it was great, but ultimately disspointing

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Henry Wurst full-time (less than an year)

Pros

nice office space, freedom to work at own pace

Cons

lack of recognition, and cliques with office gossip, job description was vague and became boring after the advancement opportunities clearly were not going to happen

try to hire employees that can not only get along but actually work thriving together=not just doing the bare minimum. Hire an IT guy. discipline participants in gossiping rather than working quietly. and recognize the accomplishments/how benefited company; employ standardized training since it is confusing when coworkers all have different methods

Decent job if you work hard you won't get laid off.

I have been working at Henry Wurst

Pros

Good manager. No micromanagement. Steady work. If I ever wanted to stay in the print industry they have given me the tools to do so. They are trying to change a lot of things for the better.

Cons

They do not pay well at all. Hardest workers hardly recognized. Ask to much from employees.

Pay your employees more.

Toxic environment, no leadership exist. Henry would be ashamed.What a tragedy.

I have been working at Henry Wurst full-time

Pros

The people who have given their all to make this company better is the only positive note. There are a handful of people in various departments that truly have the companies interest at heart. The sad part is they have no clue about what is happening to their company.

Cons

Too many to mention, but it all comes down to the front office. At some point the family must have sold out to the company president either that or they just really just don't care. They should change their mission statement for sure because integrity is not practiced there by any stretch.

President and his crew need to go, unitl that hapens it will only get worse.

Would not honor employment agreement

Former Employee - Print Program Manager in North Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Print Program Manager in North Kansas City, MO

I worked at Henry Wurst full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

They usually paid you on time.

Cons

Cannot trust management - especially those in the Wurst family

Sell the company to someone who is honest and has a clue.

Used and abused

Former Employee - Management in Apex, NC
    Former Employee - Management in Apex, NC

I worked at Henry Wurst full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Paycheck and benefits were great

Cons

No respect for employees, not working with division that could think for themselves, placing individuals in management that are not capable of running large companies.

Owner needs to learn to run his own company and know his own business. Therefore when he or she needs to place individuals in management they know what to look for and not rely on other folk to do it for them. Run it in the ground.

Some great employees who care and work hard for their customers

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Henry Wurst full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Some great and skilled employee’s who care and work hard and go the extra mile for their customers.

Cons

Long, long hours and large amounts of responsibility for average pay.

Some bad management position choices in different areas of the company. These people might mean well but are wrong fit for the position they hold.

Ok at first, but it's not called the 'Wurst' without a reason.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at Henry Wurst full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Helped me to learn skills that I have been able to take to other companies.

Cons

Poor management from more than one department. If we are to learn from example, I guess berating employees in front of others, cursing, and working minimum hours when others are busting their backs should be the norm.

It would be a much better place to work if the middle management and upper management contributed to working along side the other employees instead of ignoring their need for help. It would be good if they knew how to do the employees jobs instead of telling them how to do it when they never have or don't even know the computer system themselves.

Out of Control Nightmare

Current Employee - Project Manager in North Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in North Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Henry Wurst

Pros

They actually pay you money.

Cons

Non existent management team that refuses to be proactive and chooses to be reactive in their duties. Virtually no guidance in what can be called a sink or swim environment.

Stop the financial bleeding and close the place. The Wurst family has no real interest in the future other than collecting a paycheck out of the place.