Herb Chambers

Add Photos

Herb Chambers

Work Experience

Sales Consultant (Current Employee) Westborough, MA

Prosbenefits are ok,the work itself is interesting,you learn a lot and have to put in efforts to make a sale.

ConsI hated the long hours i had to put in

Advice to Senior Managementethics with employees should be checked

Slave Shop with greedy, dishonest workers

Salesperson (Former Employee) Millbury, MA

ProsNothing. All promises but never delivered. Very disorganized. It might be "Best Palces to work" but I don't see that at all.

ConsLONG Hours. Very little time-off. Easily 65 hrs week. Constantly short-changed on pay/commission. Have to FIGHT with manager and office to get paid. Shallow, un-educated slimeballs. Two-faced and cheesy employees throughout the dealership (Millbury, MA)

Advice to Senior ManagementClose your shop. You guys are so corrupt.

BDC Client Care Specialist

BDC (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsOpportunity to get a decent discount on a nice car...
    Bonuses are decent, if you work hard enough
    Friendly coworkers

ConsService Advisors blame BDC for their mistakes, customers do too because you're the first person they talk to. GM is a micromanager who really has no idea what her employees' job really is, and only cares about the clients with a lot of money or a fancy title. Always worried about losing your job. One day you're told you're doing a great job, next day you don't work there. Degrading environment. Horrible management.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake a management class...

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

receptionist and cashier

Receptionist/Cashier (Current Employee)

Prosgood compensation
    polite customers
    clean environment

Consmanagement is awful. rude and very easy to let you go. they should take their time to understand and make their employees satisfied instead for happy employees thrive more for the company. but instead they make you feel replaceable at any moment.

sucked

Sales Consultant (Former Employee) Boston, MA

Prosyou can make a decent amount of money if you are willing to be a jerk to everyone around you. Herb seems like a great guy and has an inspiring story but I seriously doubt his integrity based on the individuals he hires. no other pros.

Consno life and managers are jerks. You have to work 60-70 hours a week for a small salary and you feel like you are going to get fired every day. Poor company culture.

Advice to Senior Managementstop being jerks

Pretty good for a large company

ProsFun and friendly staff all around. Herb is a great guy and very generous with donating, etc. The managers that I have all encountered are very friendly as well.

ConsThe hours are tough and the BDC is completely underrated by everyone. It's a weird limbo between sales and customer services.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou need more bonus opps. for the bdc. Remember when you gave out vacations? And the BDMS aren't treated as such...we're just glorified CCS most of the time.

BDC - Client Care Specialist

Client Care Specialist (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsHours are better than working the sales floor, and if you stick with the required process you can do really well. You still have to work some evenings and most weekends, but if you develop a good relationship with your BDM you can occasionally rearrange your regular schedule to accommodate other commitments.

ConsThe bonuses are all based on sales floor results. Having worked for the company for two years, I know this is to encourage the BDC to work hard to help the store hit their goals. The problem with this is that, in nearly every store in the company, there is a huge disconnect between the BDC and the sales floor, and sometimes this means that the BDC can work their tails off and the store still manages to miss those goals. This can be disheartening, especially when one aspect of the BDC pay structure is to make them almost dependent on hitting at least one bonus per month.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate some kind of BDC-only bonus. Set a goal for total BDC sales that reflects a percentage of the GM's total sales goal for the month. Maybe give them half of the GM's forecast bonus if they only meet the BDC goal, and the other half if the store meets the GM's forecast, to maintain the incentive for trying to reach the GM forecast even if the BDC makes their number early in the month. I'd suggest basing the goal on whatever the minimum number of sales should be due to BDC efforts. This will help in two ways: 1) good BDCs will be rewarded for hard work even when their store keeps missing the mark, and 2) retraining can be targeted to the area of the store that is struggling - retrain the sales floor if the BDC is consistently meeting their goal but the store keeps missing it, and retrain the BDC if they are consistently missing their goal even though the store is meeting theirs.

Great place to work.

Sales Representative (Former Employee) Warwick, RI

ProsGood money, if you put in the effort.

ConsHard work, but worth it.

Business Development Center

Client Care Specialist (Current Employee) Boston, MA

ProsGreat training & corporate support. Very financially stable with lots of chances for advancement. A Boston Globe Top Place to Work

Consnights & weekends but that what retail is i guess

Advice to Senior Managementplease consider having contests again.

Herb Chambers companies needs better management!

Receptionist (Former Employee) Boston, MA

ProsClean, friendly environment.
    Sales co-workers are nice.

ConsNeed to allow to receptionists to work the same hours at a time so they both can take bathroom and lunch breaks.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire managers who don't blame smaller employees for THEIR mistakes

Worked for Herb Chambers? Contribute to the Community!