Herbalife

Herbalife Reviews

Updated Apr 18, 2014

Herbalife Chairman and CEO Michael O. Johnson

Michael O. Johnson

Pros:
  • "Very good benefits (monthly discount off health insurance with the wellness program) and perks like free gym with classes"
    in 10 reviews
  • "Have to like networking and dedicated to helping people live better"
    in 7 reviews
Cons:
  • "Poor work life balance for the logistic department"
    in 3 reviews
  • "Uninformed and unorganized middle management"
    in 3 reviews
  • Show more review highlights

Reviews

Work Here if you are H1B

Developer (Current Employee)

I have been working at Herbalife full-time for more than 3 years

ProsThe parking is free and the products are free.

ConsThe IT Department has been moved to India. The US based IT Department is 95% H1b and will be 100% H1b soon. The place is a sweatshop with an expectation that you will work hours of uncompensated overtime. Avoid this place unless you are from Bangalore or AP. The Indian Management style is brutal and nasty. Many meetings that are completely unnecessary.

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your people with respect and stop the nastiness and shouting in meetings.

A Company with Great Products and Rewards

Independent Distributorship (Current Employee)
Crosby, TX

I have been working at Herbalife as a contractor for less than a year

ProsAs an Independent Distributor, you get to set your own level of work. The products are of the highest grade and they work great. You get to help others improve their health and find a better way of life. The start up cost are approximately $58 USD and you get 25% up to 50% off the products. If you are self motivated, you can build your Independent Distributorship as large as you would like. The company is publicly traded on the NYSE and is doing very well. You can learn more at https://www.goherbalife.com/deanweis/en-US/Page/5.

ConsYour business may grow slowly, but if it is growing, remember, you still making more money. And you still save with your discount. It is a business and you will only get out of it what you put into it.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the great opportunity.

Exciting, new, positive, healthy, active lifestyle.

Health Coach (Current Employee)

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for less than a year

ProsYou can make your own schedule. You get paid to get in the best shape of your life. You get to work with who you choose. You are your own boss. You get paid to help other people get into the best shape of their lives!

ConsIts a very new approach to working if you have never worked in business, so it can be confusing in the beginning. It is not a typical 9-5 job where you clock in and out. But this will force you to always grow and challenge yourself.

Don't waste your time and talents with this MLM Scam

Marketing (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Herbalife full-time for less than a year

ProsThere are NONE with this sham company

ConsBait and switch job promises - lure you on with promises as a fulltime employee, then ensure you're cut months after the so-called probation period so they don't pay benefits or unemployment.
They do this by making you go thru their temp agency during the "probation period"

They periodically get rid of tenured employees every year to reduce costs

They work you overtime with no benefits

Incredible amount of back stabbing

the list is endless -- stay away!

Advice to Senior ManagementThey won't listen -- not while they're paying David Beckham $5 million/yr to wear their logo

Great company, especially if you live a healthy, active lifestyle

Executive Assistant (Current Employee)

I have been working at Herbalife full-time for more than 3 years

ProsPay, perks, people. I support a large group and I love the people I work with, so easy going, nice and very easy to work side by side with. I hear that about a lot of the dept.s, but I have had people ask me about how to get into my dept because we seem to be nicer than most. I think it really starts at the top, the head of the dept is a super nice guy who treats everyone the same, with respect. Benefits are good, especially if live a healty, active life. Discounts on insurance for healthy habits/wight. Company sponsors a lot of athletic events that you can join in for free. Gives back a lot to the community.

ConsUnless you have a good boss, you'r eprobably not going to be heard on your ideas. I'm lucky, but I see people in other dept's that are overworked and not listened to and don't feel they have the ability to say anything, Maybe I'm just not the type of person to keep my mouth shut, but I do believe it depends on who is running the dept.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake sure everyone in the company is respected the same, most of the dept's are, but some are not being run by the right people. Stop using temps/concultants in the HR dept, makes it really hard to get good people in the door when you have to deal with 3 different people who don;t know about the company.

Healthy leads to wealthy

Independent Distributor (Current Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for more than a year

ProsMake money helping people, be your own boss, work from home

ConsYou need self discipline, because you work when you want, as hard as you want.

Advice to Senior ManagementGreat training provided

A good company

Supervisor (Current Employee)
San Jose, CA

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for less than a year

ProsGood nutrition, good marketing plan, good business plan, great products. Very easy meal plan/ weight loss plan. Great range of products, skin products, sports range, good website, great results.

ConsIt's hard to get to people sometimes, comission based.

Advice to Senior ManagementMore support.

Getting better every day to inspire others towards their dreams while also moving towards mine

Independent Distributor (Current Employee)
West Bend, WI

I have been working at Herbalife full-time for more than a year

ProsNumber one nutrition company in the world; positive organizational culture of sharing success and being healthy; independence; opportunity for people at all levels: very part-time, part-time, and full-time; ability to be in business for yourself but not by yourself; nutrition, science, and business training all the time; this is the only company that has ever told me "I can" with the support to get there. Low start-up costs; consumable goods; business that can be passed down as inheritance to family.

ConsNo guarantee of income, which depends on variables: personality, network of connections, communication skills, and time put into the marketing methods. That is why most people start part-time while working at their full-time (or other) job(s). Non-traditional approach to marketing can make sale difficult as people may be skeptical because of opinions. Entrepreneurial activity: no healthcare.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going with sponsorships and all positive visibility of the brand! More product trainings on science behind the products.

Making money WHILE changing my own life as well as others? Who wouldn't love it?!

Senior Consultant (Current Employee)
Edmond, OK

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for less than a year

ProsGood money, few hours, easy to do, easy to use

ConsGetting started is super confusing, but once you get the hang of it, your only problem is trying to find clientele. Once you've established some clients, it's super easy.

No concern for employees

Torrance, CA

I have been working at Herbalife as a contractor for more than a year

ProsCasual atmosphere, free product, free parking, telecommute availability (this can also be a "Con")

ConsRidiculous workload, you are expected to be available 24/7 without expectation of compensation (OT for contractors only and no compensation time), meetings for everything, old equipment and software, management/structural changes are too often to keep track of, not much of a break room (HP2), working environment can get loud at times, payroll is a NiGHTMARE, as filling out a tume sheet is and acountant's wet dream...need I go on?

Advice to Senior ManagementCut the bureacracy. Let people do actual work instead of meeting after meeting, consider your employees have families and cut back on their workload.

Worked for Herbalife? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Herbalife reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Herbalife CEO Michael O. Johnson. All 128 reviews posted anonymously by Herbalife employees.