Herbalife

Updated December 18, 2014
3.8

Herbalife Chairman and CEO Michael O. Johnson
Michael O. Johnson

Pros
  • The work from home opportunity is great if you are motivated (in 8 reviews)

• Health and wellness brand, free onsite gym access, good people, good benefits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance varies a great deal by department (in 6 reviews)

• No work life balance - you are expected to be available at all times (evenings, weekends, HOLIDAYS (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

Great products with amazing career oppurtunity!

Current Employee - Anonymous
    Current Employee - Anonymous

I have been working at Herbalife

Pros

Ptoducts speak for themselves. I have had great results from consuming Herbalife products while also making additional income.

Cons

Once you sign up as a distributor their is no switching your upline.

Great Products and Positive People

I have been working at Herbalife part-time

Pros

I have seen major results in my personal development and in the customers that are using products.

Cons

On your own time, which to some is a positive.

It is a fun loving comapany, that is focused on creating health & wealth for its clients.

Current Employee - Social Media Analyst in Mount Prospect, IL
    Current Employee - Social Media Analyst in Mount Prospect, IL

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Its a fun place to work because you are thought from the scratch things you are not aware about.

Cons

Nothing really, since everyone works as a team.

Continue with the work relationship and good incentives to employees.

Owner - Nutrition Club

Current Employee - Owner - Nutrition Club
    Current Employee - Owner - Nutrition Club

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good products but expensive to buy and sell. You have to be dishonest and unethical if you want to succeed with this company. I have met a lot of new friends after opening the club, they are great customers who I will miss when we are finally able to close.

Cons

Company is not honest about potential for earning money. As club owner, you must work long hours to cover rent and the Herbalife products used to make shakes - there is NO profit in owning a club. Training could be described as horrible at best - really only consists of telling you about the different products.

Worst investment one could make - don't walk away from Herbalife, RUN. I cant wait for my lease to expire - that is the day my distributorship will also expire. The "Nutrition Club" model is set up for up-line to profit at club owners expense.

Great company

Former Employee - Supervisor Ethics and Comparable
    Former Employee - Supervisor Ethics and Comparable

I worked at Herbalife full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great

Cons

Management must learn the art off communicating to staff and learn how to develop personnel.

Take responsibly for your teams development or lack of. HR isn't bias they work for three company interest only.

Too many out of date old timers.

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Fair salary, opportunity to travel and help with events.

Cons

Work-life balance. Too much politics, too many old timers that have been there too long and promoted into positions that they cannot perform competently.

Take a look at the director level in the company and probably replace 50%-70% of them. They have no business being in those roles. You lose talent due to no accountability and they get frustrated and go to a company that rewards talent and innovation. CEO is a needy attention grabber that needs to go. Need someone that is focused on fixing all the things wrong with the company.

Mixed Greens

Current Employee - Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of upwardly mobile opportunities and quality fringe benefits. Making progress on flexible schedules and really supportive of employees in health, commuting, and remote work (varies by manager).

Cons

Work/life balance varies a great deal by department. Many can skew very heavily into an unhealthy level.

I had an OK experience with Herbalife. Its definitely not for everyone.

I have been working at Herbalife (less than an year)

Pros

Products are amazing and you get great discounts. You can work on your own time from home or in a nutrition club.

Cons

There are tons of meetings to attend that you must pay for. If you get into the company with the wrong group you wont go very far. For instance the owner on my nutrition club invited alot of girls from dating sites in just to sell them products which in turn started to give us a bad name.

This company does not practice what they say on stage and I can't be quiet about it anymore

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Herbalife part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Products and you can set your own hours while in college or at home. I lost 30 pounds and gained 20 pounds of muscle and the 24 line and the skin care line is terrific

Cons

I love the products but I have alot of complaints and concerns and most of it is about how new prospects are ignored by my upper leaders and my president's team mentor who brought me into the business hides in an office cause she does not want to help with a follow up and her husband is just downright mean to the health coaches. He always yells at us in meetings but at the big team meetings in Dallas he is always nice to us. The products are too overpriced for all this terrible leadership to be going on.

I can't get any clients cause of Advocare and I am tired of hearing people tell me that I don't need that I use advocare cause its cheaper. The fit camps are a great idea but they should be led by upper team leaders or coaches who know how to coach. If your leaders are going to talk about acting like a President's Team member then they should have to act the right way a President's Team member should act or maybe they should lose their pin. The company also needs to come up with a better way of marketing and getting leads since everybody else in the high ranks bought theirs. Its a good company if it was not commission based cause the health coaches and clients are taken advantage of by Presidential Team Mentors.

I love it

Current Employee - Herbalife Authorized Independent Distributor in Buckeye, AZ
    Current Employee - Herbalife Authorized Independent Distributor in Buckeye, AZ

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Their products are great and really work!

Cons

Not many cons just talking to people and showing them results is enough!

Herbalife Photos