Herbalife

Updated December 18, 2014
3.7

Herbalife Chairman and CEO Michael O. Johnson
Michael O. Johnson

Pros
  • The work from home opportunity is great if you are motivated (in 8 reviews)

• Health and wellness brand, free onsite gym access, good people, good benefits (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance varies a great deal by department (in 6 reviews)

• No work life balance - you are expected to be available at all times (evenings, weekends, HOLIDAYS (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

I love it

Current Employee - Herbalife Authorized Independent Distributor in Buckeye, AZ
    Current Employee - Herbalife Authorized Independent Distributor in Buckeye, AZ

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Their products are great and really work!

Cons

Not many cons just talking to people and showing them results is enough!

Love products, feel great! Amazing company to boot!

Current Employee - Wellness Coach
    Current Employee - Wellness Coach

I have been working at Herbalife part-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Love the products and how they make me feel. I've been living a healthy lifestyle for a while but nothing has ever made me feel this good!

Cons

Occasionally, products will be out of stock in the warehouse. But it does usually come back in stock quickly

This company does not practice what they say on stage and I can't be quiet about it anymore

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Herbalife part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great Products and you can set your own hours while in college or at home. I lost 30 pounds and gained 20 pounds of muscle and the 24 line and the skin care line is terrific

Cons

I love the products but I have alot of complaints and concerns and most of it is about how new prospects are ignored by my upper leaders and my president's team mentor who brought me into the business hides in an office cause she does not want to help with a follow up and her husband is just downright mean to the health coaches. He always yells at us in meetings but at the big team meetings in Dallas he is always nice to us. The products are too overpriced for all this terrible leadership to be going on.

I can't get any clients cause of Advocare and I am tired of hearing people tell me that I don't need that I use advocare cause its cheaper. The fit camps are a great idea but they should be led by upper team leaders or coaches who know how to coach. If your leaders are going to talk about acting like a President's Team member then they should have to act the right way a President's Team member should act or maybe they should lose their pin. The company also needs to come up with a better way of marketing and getting leads since everybody else in the high ranks bought theirs. Its a good company if it was not commission based cause the health coaches and clients are taken advantage of by Presidential Team Mentors.

Finance

I have been working at Herbalife

Pros

Work From Home option. Discounted/free products. Certain silos have a family like connection. You have the ability to see micro-small businesses thrive.

Cons

One of the most mismanaged large companies in America! Plus, rating on this site skewed because of independent contractors feedback. Most employees would rate the company with 2 or 3 stars.

Need to hire and/or bulid a more talented senior management team!

Great Company!

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Work/Life Balance is very good, the company encourage their employees to have a balanced life, and spend as much time as they can with their families

Cons

Career opportunities inside the company in Venezuela are limited, and due to country regulations i can't see that changing anytime soon

Pyramid Scheme

Former Employee - Independent Distrubutor in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Independent Distrubutor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Herbalife full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Plenty of free time and make your own schedule

Cons

VERY few people want to buy the products because they are significantly more expensive that similar products.

Since few people purchase the product ALL of your time is spent finding new recruits to join the company, then convincing those people to buy $3000 worth of product (knowing they would probably never resell it)

After Herbalife I swore never to work for another MLM/pyramid scheme again (it just feels wrong deceiving people)

most of the top distributor are sleezy, and mgmt knows it but they still allow them to promise $1 million dollar incomes, knowing nobody ever makes that kind of money.

be honest about what the company really does, recruits, recruits and recruits, thats all

Exelent

Current Employee - Distributor
    Current Employee - Distributor

I have been working at Herbalife part-time

Pros

Great produts, exellent customer service, health education, lots of room for growth.

Cons

somewhat expensive, competition, Not well Know

The harder you work the more money you make.

High Turnover, Very Little Challenge, Stressed Out People From Awful Politics

Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Herbalife full-time (less than an year)

Pros

If you want a job where you can "phone it in" and show up at 9:10 and leave at 4:59, then this is it. Free shakes and supplements.

Cons

Death by meetings, lack of innovation, people scared to solve problems due to managers and senior managers business as usual attitude, lack of follow through from management, poor training, and an overall broken communication through the company. I vowed to never use the word "urgent" here because everyone is so disorganized that when problems arise on a daily basis, they become 5 alarm fire emergencies - everyday tasks should not be urgent everyday, but for Herbalife that's normal.

Let people solve problems, stop letting people go, don't let personal preference of long time employees be reason to get rid of new people with fresh ideas.

Love this company!

Current Employee - Herbalife Independent Distributor in Long Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Herbalife Independent Distributor in Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Working for yourself as a distributor is amazing, especially when you get to the point where you can replace your previous income and do Herbalife full-time! Incredible lifestyle, incredible product results!

Cons

Learning to manage time on your own, without a boss or "work schedule" can be a serious learning curve.

Building healthy lifestyles

Former Employee - Health and Wellness Coach
    Former Employee - Health and Wellness Coach

I worked at Herbalife part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Work at your own pace/schedule, minimal starting costs, great community, quality products, good opportunity for basic sales experience

Cons

Highly competitive, sales are targeted at friends/acquaintances in the beginning, and difficult to sell products without a large network. Some Herbalife health coaches have questionable business practices. Frequently coaches try to sell the business rather than the products.

Be careful not to allow Health Coaches to push the business instead of the products. Many coaches make most of their money by signing people up to sell rather than by selling products.

Herbalife Photos