Herbalife Reviews

Reset

1. Great company

Former Employee - Supervisor Ethics and Comparable
    Former Employee - Supervisor Ethics and Comparable

I worked at Herbalife full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The pay and benefits are great

Cons

Management must learn the art off communicating to staff and learn how to develop personnel.

Advice to Management

Take responsibly for your teams development or lack of. HR isn't bias they work for three company interest only.

2. Owner - Nutrition Club

Current Employee - Owner - Nutrition Club
    Current Employee - Owner - Nutrition Club

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good products but expensive to buy and sell. You have to be dishonest and unethical if you want to succeed with this company. I have met a lot of new friends after opening the club, they are great customers who I will miss when we are finally able to close.

Cons

Company is not honest about potential for earning money. As club owner, you must work long hours to cover rent and the Herbalife products used to make shakes - there is NO profit in owning a club. Training could be described as horrible at best - really only consists of telling you about the different products.

Advice to Management

Worst investment one could make - don't walk away from Herbalife, RUN. I cant wait for my lease to expire - that is the day my distributorship will also expire. The "Nutrition Club" model is set up for up-line to profit at club owners expense.

3. Too many out of date old timers.

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fair salary, opportunity to travel and help with events.

Cons

Work-life balance. Too much politics, too many old timers that have been there too long and promoted into positions that they cannot perform competently.

Advice to Management

Take a look at the director level in the company and probably replace 50%-70% of them. They have no business being in those roles. You lose talent due to no accountability and they get frustrated and go to a company that rewards talent and innovation. CEO is a needy attention grabber that needs to go. Need someone that is focused on fixing all the things wrong with the company.

5. Mixed Greens

Current Employee - Developer in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Developer in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of upwardly mobile opportunities and quality fringe benefits. Making progress on flexible schedules and really supportive of employees in health, commuting, and remote work (varies by manager).

Cons

Work/life balance varies a great deal by department. Many can skew very heavily into an unhealthy level.

6. I had an OK experience with Herbalife. Its definitely not for everyone.

I have been working at Herbalife (Less than a year)

Pros

Products are amazing and you get great discounts. You can work on your own time from home or in a nutrition club.

Cons

There are tons of meetings to attend that you must pay for. If you get into the company with the wrong group you wont go very far. For instance the owner on my nutrition club invited alot of girls from dating sites in just to sell them products which in turn started to give us a bad name.

7. I love it

Current Employee - Herbalife Authorized Independent Distributor in Buckeye, AZ
    Current Employee - Herbalife Authorized Independent Distributor in Buckeye, AZ

I have been working at Herbalife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Their products are great and really work!

Cons

Not many cons just talking to people and showing them results is enough!

8. Love products, feel great! Amazing company to boot!

Current Employee - Wellness Coach
    Current Employee - Wellness Coach

I have been working at Herbalife part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Love the products and how they make me feel. I've been living a healthy lifestyle for a while but nothing has ever made me feel this good!

Cons

Occasionally, products will be out of stock in the warehouse. But it does usually come back in stock quickly

9. This company does not practice what they say on stage and I can't be quiet about it anymore

Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Herbalife part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Products and you can set your own hours while in college or at home. I lost 30 pounds and gained 20 pounds of muscle and the 24 line and the skin care line is terrific

Cons

I love the products but I have alot of complaints and concerns and most of it is about how new prospects are ignored by my upper leaders and my president's team mentor who brought me into the business hides in an office cause she does not want to help with a follow up and her husband is just downright mean to the health coaches. He always yells at us in meetings but at the big team meetings in Dallas he is always nice to us. The products are too overpriced for all this terrible leadership to be going on.

Advice to Management

I can't get any clients cause of Advocare and I am tired of hearing people tell me that I don't need that I use advocare cause its cheaper. The fit camps are a great idea but they should be led by upper team leaders or coaches who know how to coach. If your leaders are going to talk about acting like a President's Team member then they should have to act the right way a President's Team member should act or maybe they should lose their pin. The company also needs to come up with a better way of marketing and getting leads since everybody else in the high ranks bought theirs. Its a good company if it was not commission based cause the health coaches and clients are taken advantage of by Presidential Team Mentors.

Finance

I have been working at Herbalife

Pros

Work From Home option. Discounted/free products. Certain silos have a family like connection. You have the ability to see micro-small businesses thrive.

Cons

One of the most mismanaged large companies in America! Plus, rating on this site skewed because of independent contractors feedback. Most employees would rate the company with 2 or 3 stars.

Advice to Management

Need to hire and/or bulid a more talented senior management team!

Pyramid Scheme

Former Employee - Independent Distrubutor in Jersey City, NJ
    Former Employee - Independent Distrubutor in Jersey City, NJ

I worked at Herbalife full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Plenty of free time and make your own schedule

Cons

VERY few people want to buy the products because they are significantly more expensive that similar products.

Since few people purchase the product ALL of your time is spent finding new recruits to join the company, then convincing those people to buy $3000 worth of product (knowing they would probably never resell it)

After Herbalife I swore never to work for another MLM/pyramid scheme again (it just feels wrong deceiving people)

Advice to Management

most of the top distributor are sleezy, and mgmt knows it but they still allow them to promise $1 million dollar incomes, knowing nobody ever makes that kind of money.

be honest about what the company really does, recruits, recruits and recruits, thats all

RSS Feed </> Embed