Herbalife Reviews

Updated September 25, 2014
3.9

Herbalife Chairman and CEO Michael O. Johnson
Michael O. Johnson

Pros
  • The work from home opportunity is great if you are motivated (in 7 reviews)

• Very good benefits (monthly discount off health insurance with the wellness program) and perks like free gym with classes (in 11 reviews)

Cons
  • Poor work life balance for the logistic department (in 4 reviews)

• No work life balance - you are expected to be available at all times (evenings, weekends, HOLIDAYS (in 3 reviews)

More Highlights

A Company with Great Products and Rewards

Current Employee - Independent Distributorship  in  Crosby, TX
    Current Employee - Independent Distributorship in Crosby, TX

I have been working at Herbalife as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

As an Independent Distributor, you get to set your own level of work. The products are of the highest grade and they work great. You get to help others improve their health and find a better way of life. The start up cost are approximately $58 USD and you get 25% up to 50% off the products. If you are self motivated, you can build your Independent Distributorship as large as you would like. The company is publicly traded on the NYSE and is doing very well. You can learn more at https://www.goherbalife.com/deanweis/en-US/Page/5.

Cons

Your business may grow slowly, but if it is growing, remember, you still making more money. And you still save with your discount. It is a business and you will only get out of it what you put into it.

Keep up the great opportunity.

Exciting, new, positive, healthy, active lifestyle.

Current Employee - Health Coach  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Health Coach in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for less than a year

Pros

You can make your own schedule. You get paid to get in the best shape of your life. You get to work with who you choose. You are your own boss. You get paid to help other people get into the best shape of their lives!

Cons

Its a very new approach to working if you have never worked in business, so it can be confusing in the beginning. It is not a typical 9-5 job where you clock in and out. But this will force you to always grow and challenge yourself.

Great company, especially if you live a healthy, active lifestyle

Current Employee - Executive Assistant  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Executive Assistant in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Herbalife full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, perks, people. I support a large group and I love the people I work with, so easy going, nice and very easy to work side by side with. I hear that about a lot of the dept.s, but I have had people ask me about how to get into my dept because we seem to be nicer than most. I think it really starts at the top, the head of the dept is a super nice guy who treats everyone the same, with respect. Benefits are good, especially if live a healty, active life. Discounts on insurance for healthy habits/wight. Company sponsors a lot of athletic events that you can join in for free. Gives back a lot to the community.

Cons

Unless you have a good boss, you'r eprobably not going to be heard on your ideas. I'm lucky, but I see people in other dept's that are overworked and not listened to and don't feel they have the ability to say anything, Maybe I'm just not the type of person to keep my mouth shut, but I do believe it depends on who is running the dept.

Make sure everyone in the company is respected the same, most of the dept's are, but some are not being run by the right people. Stop using temps/concultants in the HR dept, makes it really hard to get good people in the door when you have to deal with 3 different people who don;t know about the company.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Healthy leads to wealthy

Current Employee - Independent Distributor  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Independent Distributor in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for more than a year

Pros

Make money helping people, be your own boss, work from home

Cons

You need self discipline, because you work when you want, as hard as you want.

Great training provided

Don't waste your time and talents with this MLM Scam

Former Employee - Marketing  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Herbalife full-time for less than a year

Pros

There are NONE with this sham company

Cons

Bait and switch job promises - lure you on with promises as a fulltime employee, then ensure you're cut months after the so-called probation period so they don't pay benefits or unemployment.
    They do this by making you go thru their temp agency during the "probation period"

They periodically get rid of tenured employees every year to reduce costs

They work you overtime with no benefits

Incredible amount of back stabbing

the list is endless -- stay away!

They won't listen -- not while they're paying David Beckham $5 million/yr to wear their logo

A good company

Current Employee - Supervisor  in  San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Supervisor in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good nutrition, good marketing plan, good business plan, great products. Very easy meal plan/ weight loss plan. Great range of products, skin products, sports range, good website, great results.

Cons

It's hard to get to people sometimes, comission based.

More support.

Getting better every day to inspire others towards their dreams while also moving towards mine

Current Employee - Independent Distributor  in  West Bend, WI
    Current Employee - Independent Distributor in West Bend, WI

I have been working at Herbalife full-time for more than a year

Pros

Number one nutrition company in the world; positive organizational culture of sharing success and being healthy; independence; opportunity for people at all levels: very part-time, part-time, and full-time; ability to be in business for yourself but not by yourself; nutrition, science, and business training all the time; this is the only company that has ever told me "I can" with the support to get there. Low start-up costs; consumable goods; business that can be passed down as inheritance to family.

Cons

No guarantee of income, which depends on variables: personality, network of connections, communication skills, and time put into the marketing methods. That is why most people start part-time while working at their full-time (or other) job(s). Non-traditional approach to marketing can make sale difficult as people may be skeptical because of opinions. Entrepreneurial activity: no healthcare.

Keep going with sponsorships and all positive visibility of the brand! More product trainings on science behind the products.

No concern for employees

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Torrance, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Torrance, CA

I have been working at Herbalife as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Casual atmosphere, free product, free parking, telecommute availability (this can also be a "Con")

Cons

Ridiculous workload, you are expected to be available 24/7 without expectation of compensation (OT for contractors only and no compensation time), meetings for everything, old equipment and software, management/structural changes are too often to keep track of, not much of a break room (HP2), working environment can get loud at times, payroll is a NiGHTMARE, as filling out a tume sheet is and acountant's wet dream...need I go on?

Cut the bureacracy. Let people do actual work instead of meeting after meeting, consider your employees have families and cut back on their workload.

Making money WHILE changing my own life as well as others? Who wouldn't love it?!

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Edmond, OK
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Edmond, OK

I have been working at Herbalife part-time for less than a year

Pros

Good money, few hours, easy to do, easy to use

Cons

Getting started is super confusing, but once you get the hang of it, your only problem is trying to find clientele. Once you've established some clients, it's super easy.

Former Creative Services Employee

Former Employee - Marketing Manager  in  Torrance, CA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Torrance, CA

I worked at Herbalife full-time for less than a year

Pros

free Herbalife product, nice office space, free parking

Cons

Too much politics and power hungry people, no direction, no introduction to other peers (be prepared to guess who you are supposed to work with) little or no training for new employees, unbalanced environment stuck in old ways of doing business. Middle management always in meetings never available.

Some people when they work together for many years sometimes they bond in a way that work becomes secondary that creates an unproductive environment that becomes a social club. "Comadres"

Herbalife Photos

Worked for Herbalife? Contribute to the Community!