Here Media

Be The First To
Add Photos

Paul A. Colichman

review#1

ProsIt is a relaxed corporate envirnment.

ConsIt has no inspired leadership or plan.

Great environment. Nice people.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsHad a mentor from day one that gave me challenging assignments. My experience here helped me to get my next job.

ConsPosition I had was unpaid however, the experience I gained was very valuable. Also had a somewhat long commute because of where I lived.

Top heavy company, not great from mid-level employees.

ProsInteresting people, fun and fast paced environment where there are lots of opportunity to learn

ConsTop heavy organization, executive leadership is shaky. Mid-level employees are over-worked and under-paid.

Advice to Senior ManagementSpend the time and money investing in the infrastructure and rewarding the people who put in the time to help the organization succeed.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Avoid if your intent is career growth and development

Editorial (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsWhen there was a significant amount of content-generating employees, as well as employees in general, a person could work alongside some dedicated and smart individuals. But then the company began to slash and burn its various teams.

ConsWhen this company took on a bevy of print and online publications, the management clearly had no idea how much money and effort (i.e., people, manpower, etc.) it actually takes to produce quality content. The management sat at weekly management meetings to "ooh" and "aah" over metrics on website visits when the numbers could have been much higher with backing of needed efforts. In addition, failures of sales and marketing to produce on a regular basis were glossed over when content-producing areas were admonished despite generating landmark content benchmarks.

Advice to Senior ManagementContent is king. Stop thinking you'll save your company by investing in sales personnel when you've gutted content producers and the ones you have remaining are woefully inexperienced and generate content and efforts at overseeing content that makes them look like promoted secretarial staff. Oh yes, that's right...several of them are.

don't work there

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Los Angeles, CA

Proswork for a community that needs help but really, there is limited reasons...

Conschallenging business environment, lack of business vision/plan, declining revenue

Worked for Here Media? Contribute to the Community!