Heritage Christian Services

1. Day hab manager

Current Employee - Day Hab Manager in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Day Hab Manager in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, very compassionate. Deeply cares about the people they serve.

Cons

high turn over in homes with people who have high needs

Advice to Management

Stay positive. It really helps. You do an excellent job!!

2. Great Company and CEO, not so great house manager and staff

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The individuals the company serves are all amazing and great in their own ways and the company itself is fantastic and it is a great experience to work there.

Cons

When applying, you are not made to know that to be full time, you are required to become medication certified.

Staff in the house I work in lets petty drama get in the way of caring for the guests

3. Great exposure to the disabled community.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

Flexible schedule. I am able to work with families to build my own schedule. It worked great while I was going to school full-time.

Cons

Because I didn't work many hours my interaction with other employees was very minimum. I am not used to having little interaction with other employees.

Advice to Management

Better on the job training

5. Great start, but terrible in long run.

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Clean and strict with regard to treatment and care of the individuals, dress code, and paperwork. Good environment. Great starting pay compared to competition. Decent time off. Alright bonuses (not as good as competition).

Cons

Terrible hours, 5 days a week include all 3 shifts each week. Example: Sat-1st shift, Sun&Mon-3rd shift, Tue-2nd shift. Very inflexible- expect you to be flexible about hours and days you work. Can't sleep because you can't sleep the same time daily. Terrible raises. After 8 years was only making $1.16 over current starting pay ($2.06 over my original starting pay). Company very top-heavy- money is kept at the top of the company.

Advice to Management

Solid schedules or at least rotating week to week. Money should go to current employee, not to starting employees. There is no lack of people trying to get in the door, but the turn-over rate is astounding, although not surprising.

6. Direct Support Professional

Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Rochester, NY
    Current Employee - Direct Support Professional in Rochester, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

I love working with the individuals one on one

Cons

Overnight shifts are required, and meeting after a long overnight are required

7. You should have a passion for people if you're gonna work here.

Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Rochester, NY
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Rochester, NY

I worked at Heritage Christian Services part-time (More than a year)

Pros

You get attached to the individuals you support. The bonuses were good depending on how many hours you put In that year. Didn't feel like work.

Cons

They have poor communication especially in HR. Certain managers appear to hold you back and not give you a lagitamit reason why you can't apply for a higher position

Advice to Management

Communicate better with workers. Don't promise higher positions and not deliver. Return phone calls

8. Great Place to work

I worked at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

I really enjoyed working here, they offer training and history of the company and the vision for what they do. Every employee I came into contact with was very nice and helpful

Cons

I didn't really have any cons

Advice to Management

Keep up good work

9. Good Agency...

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are far more pro's to this company than cons. At least in my experience. Our site has very dedicated, caring staff who will work hard to provide the best quality of life to the individuals. The opportunity to spend time doing activities such as shopping, bowling, and other outings is a fantastic benefit. It is rarely the same thing everyday. High standards are not as hard to reach.

Cons

The hours are very hard because most of the residential positions require at least 1 overnight shift and all evenings. Make sure you know whether you are willing to work that shift forever, because it is not likely you will ever get a day shift once you are on nights unless you are a great worker and are in with management. Job performance reviews lack and this will give you a false sense of how you are doing. You may also not get the proper wage adjustments each year like most places do. Every house is different and there is very little consistency with the standard in which the environment is kept and the services performed. You will work holidays and you must be OK with this because it is a requirement.

10. Not a bad place to work

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

Networking leads to promotions.
    Very rewarding

Cons

The schedule can be difficult and the job itself is stressful at times.

Advice to Management

Listen to what those who actually support the individuals say and value our opinion.

11. Decent company to work if you're looking to work part-time for supplementary income.

Former Employee - IT
    Former Employee - IT

I worked at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

Per diem staff get to pick their hours, at many houses you can work as many or as few hours as you want.

Cons

Company sweeps poor management under the rug. Instead of resolving issues or firing people, the company simply transfers the person with a management complaint to another house.

Advice to Management

Take a good look at the house managers.

RSS Feed </> Embed