Heritage Christian Services

3.6

Marisa Geitner

Great Place to work

I worked at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

I really enjoyed working here, they offer training and history of the company and the vision for what they do. Every employee I came into contact with was very nice and helpful

Cons

I didn't really have any cons

Keep up good work

Good Agency...

Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Buffalo, NY
    Current Employee - Residential Counselor in Buffalo, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are far more pro's to this company than cons. At least in my experience. Our site has very dedicated, caring staff who will work hard to provide the best quality of life to the individuals. The opportunity to spend time doing activities such as shopping, bowling, and other outings is a fantastic benefit. It is rarely the same thing everyday. High standards are not as hard to reach.

Cons

The hours are very hard because most of the residential positions require at least 1 overnight shift and all evenings. Make sure you know whether you are willing to work that shift forever, because it is not likely you will ever get a day shift once you are on nights unless you are a great worker and are in with management. Job performance reviews lack and this will give you a false sense of how you are doing. You may also not get the proper wage adjustments each year like most places do. Every house is different and there is very little consistency with the standard in which the environment is kept and the services performed. You will work holidays and you must be OK with this because it is a requirement.

Not a bad place to work

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

Networking leads to promotions.
    Very rewarding

Cons

The schedule can be difficult and the job itself is stressful at times.

Listen to what those who actually support the individuals say and value our opinion.

Decent company to work if you're looking to work part-time for supplementary income.

Former Employee - IT
    Former Employee - IT

I worked at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

Per diem staff get to pick their hours, at many houses you can work as many or as few hours as you want.

Cons

Company sweeps poor management under the rug. Instead of resolving issues or firing people, the company simply transfers the person with a management complaint to another house.

Take a good look at the house managers.

Overall

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

Very hardworking people, kind & genuine at the heart of what they do

Cons

Schedule changes can't always be met

Keep up the great work

Accepting

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services

Pros

Great place of opportunity to meet people from different walks of life. Staff Build close relationships with many of the individuals. Staff also Become acknowledged of how important we are to the individuals and their livelihood.

Cons

The pay is not up to par. The labor that is demanded in some residencies is far strenuous for the pay that they offer but this issue may be beyond the organization's control merely because most of its funds are from the state's budget (which is limited because of NY state's mental and health care budget cuts)

Be more rewarding. Even if it's a verbal acknowledgement for good work, that means a lot to many staff.

Very caring and loving work environment.

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

This job has changed my life and made me strong.

Cons

Its not for everyone, but everyone should experience this type of work.

Really good coworkers

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Tonawanda, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Tonawanda, NY

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Great co-workers, great people to interact with and support.

Cons

Job advancement in WNY is extremely limited.

Listen to your employees, and stop ignoring them when what they say isn't what you want to hear.

Good experience but not worth the pay.

I have been working at Heritage Christian Services full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The residential homes have a great family environment. The individuals we support are awesome! We receive bonus checks every so often which is a great benefit.

Cons

You can get burnt out quick so know your limits when picking up extra hours or overtime. We are understaffed quite frequently. Not great pay or opportunities for advancement.

We need more people to staffed! Also appreciate the people who take one for the team!

Experience varies greatly depending on house management

Former Employee - Shift Coordinator in Webster, NY
    Former Employee - Shift Coordinator in Webster, NY

I worked at Heritage Christian Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

It's a great place to work if you love people and serving others in need. Very fulfilling work. A lot of great people to work with.

Cons

Unaligned, disinterested, or uptight management can really put a damper on the work environment.

Make sure everyone on your location's leadership team is aligned. Get to know and enjoy your employees on a personal level. Encourage the good ones hold the mis/under-performing ones accountable to higher standards.