Heritage Education Funds Reviews

Employment Status

Reset
4.1
Jason R.B. Maguire

Extremely nice place to work

I worked at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

Heritage Education Funds have a fostering environment filled with people who value growth of the company as much as the growth of each individual contributing.

Cons

Can be a bit too relaxing sometimes, may not be for people who need constant challenges in their lives.

I enjoy working here and my job; this year I will be celebrating my 15th anniversary with the company.

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great open door policy, you can speak with anyone at the executive level.

Cons

Tight deadlines and a lot of projects on the go, all the time.

Advice to Management

Stick to only 3 - 4 projects per year... when there is too much on the go, you tend to miss stuff.

At Heritage, I feel a empowered and appreciated...

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I would recommend the company to anyone, from a young graduate seeking to get into a financial industry to an established professional or executive with a lot of experience. It is a great company that let's you grow professionally, I mean, they get you involved with really cool and interesting projects, you get to acquire new skills that you can put on your resume, they even pay for your education.. of course if it is consistent with the goals of the department you are in.
    Heritage promotes often, they value their employees and let them move forward. I have seen people spending 7-8 years there and it feels like they have changed 2-3 careers without moving out of the company! That's cool considering you get to grow professionally without a hassle of looking for a new job!
    Management is really good - from the business owners to front line managers - you can tell they care and it transpires onto the teams as well. And a big bonus - Heritage is actually doing something very good for Canadians and for the future of Canadian kids! Lots of employees are so attached to the company because they believe in the product and service we give to our customers - we help parents save for their kids future post-secondary education! I wish someone had done it for me when I was a kid. So yeah, come and join Heritage, you won't regret! And when you do, knock on the 5th door from reception, because I will still be there and will be happy to say hi to you!

Cons

Cannot think of any cons to mention here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great job you are doing! We believe in you!!

Very reasonable organization with a heart for treating their employees

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

They have a good executive management team that is very easy to work with, reasonable and go out of their way to help out their teams. Plus, their social committee is a HUGE bonus!

Cons

Sometimes the lack of resources to adapt to the growing needs could be frustrating.

Advice to Management

Allocate the appropriate resources to support the growing need - have a BIG dream, but an even BIGGER strategy.

6. Overall, a very strong company with a great corporate culture

Current Employee - Communications
    Current Employee - Communications

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Enthusiastic, motivated staff with a genuine love of the product
    - Management and executive leadership encourage creativity and the sharing of ideas
    - Everyone has a voice in how the company operates (top level management actually listens)
    - Plenty of opportunities for advancement (the company likes to promote from within)
    - Constantly evolving business practices to take advantages of emerging technologies (e.g. new social media platforms)
    - Highly competitive compensation and benefits packages
    - Field that changes from year to year, with an increasingly strong demand for our product (as tuition fees increase)
    - Dynamite social committee that plans exciting events all year 'round, really making you feel valued

Cons

- The industry itself is tightly regulated and constantly under media scrutiny
    - Head office is in North York, which could be a good or bad thing (your mileage may vary)

This is the Company I would recommend to work for.

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

As it was already mentioned, this company has lots of opprtunities. But, again, you need to work really hard and show you creative approach. Like, today, I work at sales department at EssayOnlineStore Website and I can say that I have lots of sales because of my previous job experience with Heritage Education Funds. So, it was a great sales exprience for me.

Cons

Maybe there are small cons, but I don't find them too big to mention here.Just like any company it is not perfect (yes, they lack HR support which makes it difficult to works sometimes. But it is not that significant.Just hire more people-this is a good solution)

Advice to Management

Better directions, better HR

8. A Company That Does Not Have Direction or Empathy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Fellow employees are great to work with.
    Senior management are rarely available to bother you or listen to you
    Close to transit. No need to use your car

Cons

Lack of Direction
    Lack of communication with management
    Not sure what products are we selling (RESP?, Mortgages? Mutual Funds? Insurance?)
    Pay grade is slightly above average, but struggle to get next pay raise.
    Too many complaints from customers and not enough resources to deal with the overwhelming complaints

Advice to Management

Get back to your roots.
    What happened to senior management?
    You no longer care about your staff or what value they bring to your company.
    Ever since senior management bought the company, management have been pompous about their positions.
    They were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time to purchase the company.
    Being owners of the company does not make senior management necessary experts at their current titles.

Great company to grow with!

Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with time, effort and commitment. Throughout my experience I worked in Customer service, Agency Service and was also promoted within Agency Services. Although I decided to pursue my career in Marketing elsewhere, I had lots of support from my management and senior leader.

Cons

Lack of HR support. Because the business is ran by the 3 owners, I find that sometimes it hard for them to make decisions which takes longer to get things done.

Advice to Management

Provide more backing to your senior leaders so that they can make sound decisions. Leadership training for our management team would be beneficial for the company growth.

10. Boring Company that pays alright

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

team is good
    work life balance is good as well
    the pay is decent

Cons

work is very routine
    not much opportunity for improvement

Great company, thought mentoring leadership with an excellent overall office ambiance - very little politics!

Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Grass roots oriented.
    Very entrepreneurial/start-up like business setting as first glance.

Cons

Could have better support for sales field.
    Growing too fast - short staffed.

Advice to Management

Hire more people to support the rapid growing business needs!
    Involve the field representatives in more projects that effect them, for their feedback.

RSS Feed </> Embed