Heritage Education Funds

Updated October 1, 2014
Updated October 1, 2014
3.8

Onofrio Loduca

This is the Company I would recommend to work for.

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

As it was already mentioned, this company has lots of opprtunities. But, again, you need to work really hard and show you creative approach. Like, today, I work at sales department at EssayOnlineStore Website and I can say that I have lots of sales because of my previous job experience with Heritage Education Funds. So, it was a great sales exprience for me.

Cons

Maybe there are small cons, but I don't find them too big to mention here.Just like any company it is not perfect (yes, they lack HR support which makes it difficult to works sometimes. But it is not that significant.Just hire more people-this is a good solution)

Better directions, better HR

A Company That Does Not Have Direction or Empathy

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Fellow employees are great to work with.
    Senior management are rarely available to bother you or listen to you
    Close to transit. No need to use your car

Cons

Lack of Direction
    Lack of communication with management
    Not sure what products are we selling (RESP?, Mortgages? Mutual Funds? Insurance?)
    Pay grade is slightly above average, but struggle to get next pay raise.
    Too many complaints from customers and not enough resources to deal with the overwhelming complaints

Get back to your roots.
    What happened to senior management?
    You no longer care about your staff or what value they bring to your company.
    Ever since senior management bought the company, management have been pompous about their positions.
    They were just lucky to be in the right place at the right time to purchase the company.
    Being owners of the company does not make senior management necessary experts at their current titles.

Great company to grow with!

Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with time, effort and commitment. Throughout my experience I worked in Customer service, Agency Service and was also promoted within Agency Services. Although I decided to pursue my career in Marketing elsewhere, I had lots of support from my management and senior leader.

Cons

Lack of HR support. Because the business is ran by the 3 owners, I find that sometimes it hard for them to make decisions which takes longer to get things done.

Provide more backing to your senior leaders so that they can make sound decisions. Leadership training for our management team would be beneficial for the company growth.

Boring Company that pays alright

Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds part-time (less than an year)

Pros

team is good
    work life balance is good as well
    the pay is decent

Cons

work is very routine
    not much opportunity for improvement

Great leadership, and training at Heritage Education Funds Inc. headquartered in Toronto.

Current Employee - Sales Manager in North York, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in North York, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great leadership from head office, that have RVPs that travel to our branch offices regularly to provide us with campaign updates, help us check up on requests that are pending etc. I have worked several different RESP group providers and never experienced such great support, both in office and from head office.

Cons

- Time-off is hard because as a 100% commission driven sales role, you don't get vacation time, but its the nature of the commission sales job.
    - Some industry restrictions in place make it more difficult for us as sales reps, but at the same time head office is putting training practices in place to assist us in adapting to the changes.

Less middle management, and provide more hands on Marketing support. Encourage the marketing leadership to help the field grow! More communication between the HQ office and field.

Great company, thought mentoring leadership with an excellent overall office ambiance - very little politics!

Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Grass roots oriented.
    Very entrepreneurial/start-up like business setting as first glance.

Cons

Could have better support for sales field.
    Growing too fast - short staffed.

Hire more people to support the rapid growing business needs!
    Involve the field representatives in more projects that effect them, for their feedback.

It is a good choice.

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds part-time (less than an year)

Pros

You have flexible time ,
    you can help your clients' children to achieve their university dreams. They can get better return compare to other RESP plans.

Cons

Sometimes they make mistakes when they sent email to us, I prefer to say noting bad to my company. I am satisfied about the company.

Heritage Education Funds offers a solid product however takes time to get going.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The best part of the job is that you can have the freedom to work the job when you want. It can be rewarded once you have a clientel base underneath you. Great as a part time position, but difficult if pursuing full time employment. Can pay very well if you work hard at it.

Cons

Heritage is a commision based position in which what you put into it is what you get out of it. The first years are difficult because you must prospect your own leads, market your own product, and follow up with clients. It is the all in one sales position. Diffucult to develop in the first 3 years, smooths out out once you have a clientel.

Invest more into your salesforce to ensure that you're people stick around. It is difficult when you feel you are working by yourself and only hear from the head office a couple of times per year. Training needs to be standardized and a true leaders are needed to motivate and encourage your salesforce to work hard for the company. The bottom line is not everything.

Great for young professionals or retiring professionals but not in between professionals

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

-good starting company
    -very relaxed environment
    -super friendly people
    -pretty easy going

Cons

-pay is quite low due to being a non-profit organization
    -contract based initial employment

-increase pay to compete with competitors
    -increase bonuses

There is great income potential for those who have money to invest into their business.

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

- Great income potential for successful candidates
    - Offering an outstanding product
    - Flexible hours and time off when needed

Cons

- VERY expensive to get started
    -VERY regulated.. can not advertise without sending all materials through compliance, can not have business cards made unless they are made through head office and they charge too much.
    -No help to gain leads for new reps
    -Rewards and recognition only kick in when you are at the very top of the company, so you have very little motivation from the team when its needed most - in the beginning.

Allow your rep's to move at their own speed and exercise their creativity. Host contests and reward rep's for jobs well done.

Heritage Education Funds Photos