Heritage Education Funds

Updated June 9, 2014
Updated June 9, 2014

4.1

Onofrio Loduca

Great company to grow with!

Former Employee - Operations Associate  in  North York, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in North York, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to grow with time, effort and commitment. Throughout my experience I worked in Customer service, Agency Service and was also promoted within Agency Services. Although I decided to pursue my career in Marketing elsewhere, I had lots of support from my management and senior leader.

Cons

Lack of HR support. Because the business is ran by the 3 owners, I find that sometimes it hard for them to make decisions which takes longer to get things done.

Provide more backing to your senior leaders so that they can make sound decisions. Leadership training for our management team would be beneficial for the company growth.

Great leadership, and training at Heritage Education Funds Inc. headquartered in Toronto.

Current Employee - Sales Manager  in  North York, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Manager in North York, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great leadership from head office, that have RVPs that travel to our branch offices regularly to provide us with campaign updates, help us check up on requests that are pending etc. I have worked several different RESP group providers and never experienced such great support, both in office and from head office.

Cons

- Time-off is hard because as a 100% commission driven sales role, you don't get vacation time, but its the nature of the commission sales job.
    - Some industry restrictions in place make it more difficult for us as sales reps, but at the same time head office is putting training practices in place to assist us in adapting to the changes.

Less middle management, and provide more hands on Marketing support. Encourage the marketing leadership to help the field grow! More communication between the HQ office and field.

Boring Company that pays alright

Former Employee - Operations Associate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Operations Associate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

team is good
    work life balance is good as well
    the pay is decent

Cons

work is very routine
    not much opportunity for improvement

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great company, thought mentoring leadership with an excellent overall office ambiance - very little politics!

Current Employee - Dealing Representative  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Dealing Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than a year

Pros

Grass roots oriented.
    Very entrepreneurial/start-up like business setting as first glance.

Cons

Could have better support for sales field.
    Growing too fast - short staffed.

Hire more people to support the rapid growing business needs!
    Involve the field representatives in more projects that effect them, for their feedback.

It is a good choice.

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds part-time for less than a year

Pros

You have flexible time ,
    you can help your clients' children to achieve their university dreams. They can get better return compare to other RESP plans.

Cons

Sometimes they make mistakes when they sent email to us, I prefer to say noting bad to my company. I am satisfied about the company.

Heritage Education Funds offers a solid product however takes time to get going.

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The best part of the job is that you can have the freedom to work the job when you want. It can be rewarded once you have a clientel base underneath you. Great as a part time position, but difficult if pursuing full time employment. Can pay very well if you work hard at it.

Cons

Heritage is a commision based position in which what you put into it is what you get out of it. The first years are difficult because you must prospect your own leads, market your own product, and follow up with clients. It is the all in one sales position. Diffucult to develop in the first 3 years, smooths out out once you have a clientel.

Invest more into your salesforce to ensure that you're people stick around. It is difficult when you feel you are working by yourself and only hear from the head office a couple of times per year. Training needs to be standardized and a true leaders are needed to motivate and encourage your salesforce to work hard for the company. The bottom line is not everything.

Great for young professionals or retiring professionals but not in between professionals

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds full-time

Pros

-good starting company
    -very relaxed environment
    -super friendly people
    -pretty easy going

Cons

-pay is quite low due to being a non-profit organization
    -contract based initial employment

-increase pay to compete with competitors
    -increase bonuses

There is great income potential for those who have money to invest into their business.

Former Employee - Sales Representative  in  Saskatoon, SK (Canada)
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Saskatoon, SK (Canada)

I worked at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

- Great income potential for successful candidates
    - Offering an outstanding product
    - Flexible hours and time off when needed

Cons

- VERY expensive to get started
    -VERY regulated.. can not advertise without sending all materials through compliance, can not have business cards made unless they are made through head office and they charge too much.
    -No help to gain leads for new reps
    -Rewards and recognition only kick in when you are at the very top of the company, so you have very little motivation from the team when its needed most - in the beginning.

Allow your rep's to move at their own speed and exercise their creativity. Host contests and reward rep's for jobs well done.

A great part-time income source!

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Heritage Education Funds

Pros

You have the ability to set your own hours,. There is an unlimited commission pay structure. There are really great promotions to encourage you to work hard and be productive. You get to work from home and set your own hours. Once you build a customer base you will have "bonus" babies to existing clients as well as referrals.

Cons

Flipside of commission - you are strictly on commission, you must pay for all of your own marketing materials. It's tough to get started without a doubt.

Websites have a lot of glitches, when tracking leads, etc. Please make Salestree a more user friendly and productive sales tool.

Worked for Heritage Education Funds? Contribute to the Community!