Heritage Home Healthcare

Reset
3.4
Len Trainor

1. Decent Place to work

I have been working at Heritage Home Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, leadership really supports family first mentality and genuinely seems to care about the patients not just numbers. Opportunities to advance in the company, very rarely in the past have I seen a job posted outside of the office and not posted for current employees to interview first.

Cons

Lots of changes and every year there is new restructuring. I understand the need to keep costs in control but there has been so many changes so fast that it makes staff nervous and it is starting to show in the office.

Advice to Management

On call is brutal when you are having to do visits all weekend. The need for this is good because it means we are growing but it does cause burnout when you work 12 days straight without a break. It probably doesn't seem like much when you only have to take phones but when you are taking phones you are tied to your house and computer. There is no free time.

2. Misery & Co.

I worked at Heritage Home Healthcare full-time

Pros

It's a job. Not a great job but a job. Possibly good training for work as a air traffic controller or Fox News anchor.

Cons

Long hours, on call, low pay, low morale, "salaried" employee, continual turnover and staffing shortages, continuous demands, no breaks..all this and more...

Advice to Management

Train & retain good hardworking staff by providing livable wages, sufficient coverage, and other efforts to slow the revolving door that typifies your company.

3. I enjoyed working for this caring and supportive company.

Former Employee - Homemaker and Personal Care Attendant in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Homemaker and Personal Care Attendant in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Heritage Home Healthcare

Pros

Supervisors and schedulers were very helpful and caring. They were always respectful and understanding when adjustments in schedule were necessary. They worked very hard to give you enough hours of work when they were needed. They were good at matching employees with clients.

Cons

I believe the salaries of the Homemakers and Personal Care Attendants could have been greater and contingent on the quality of work each employee achieved. There were no increases in salary for those who were outstanding workers and regarded highly for their performance.

Advice to Management

I would hope that the leadership at Heritage Home Healthcare would take notice of their hardest working employees and honor them with financial bonuses in addition to kind words and complements. It would be nice to have both. I did recieve gold stars and thank you messages but extra money would have said even more. I was one of their top 50 employees but never recieved a increase in salary.

RSS Feed </> Embed