Heritage Home Healthcare

3.7
Len Trainor
1 Rating

1. Decent Place to work

I have been working at Heritage Home Healthcare full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great benefits, leadership really supports family first mentality and genuinely seems to care about the patients not just numbers. Opportunities to advance in the company, very rarely in the past have I seen a job posted outside of the office and not posted for current employees to interview first.

Cons

Lots of changes and every year there is new restructuring. I understand the need to keep costs in control but there has been so many changes so fast that it makes staff nervous and it is starting to show in the office.

On call is brutal when you are having to do visits all weekend. The need for this is good because it means we are growing but it does cause burnout when you work 12 days straight without a break. It probably doesn't seem like much when you only have to take phones but when you are taking phones you are tied to your house and computer. There is no free time.

2. Great!

Former Employee - Dietary Aid in Chillicothe, IL
    Former Employee - Dietary Aid in Chillicothe, IL

I worked at Heritage Home Healthcare part-time (more than a year)

Pros

Loved the residents, and the people I was working with. Good if you have schooling.

Cons

Short hours, part-time...alot to do.

3. I enjoyed working for this caring and supportive company.

Former Employee - Homemaker and Personal Care Attendant in Albuquerque, NM
    Former Employee - Homemaker and Personal Care Attendant in Albuquerque, NM

I worked at Heritage Home Healthcare

Pros

Supervisors and schedulers were very helpful and caring. They were always respectful and understanding when adjustments in schedule were necessary. They worked very hard to give you enough hours of work when they were needed. They were good at matching employees with clients.

Cons

I believe the salaries of the Homemakers and Personal Care Attendants could have been greater and contingent on the quality of work each employee achieved. There were no increases in salary for those who were outstanding workers and regarded highly for their performance.

I would hope that the leadership at Heritage Home Healthcare would take notice of their hardest working employees and honor them with financial bonuses in addition to kind words and complements. It would be nice to have both. I did recieve gold stars and thank you messages but extra money would have said even more. I was one of their top 50 employees but never recieved a increase in salary.

5. Great

Current Employee - Aid in Cleveland, OH
    Current Employee - Aid in Cleveland, OH

I have been working at Heritage Home Healthcare

Pros

The pay is better than minimum wage for a college student.

Cons

Traveling to people homes that are farther than ten miles radius.

Raise entry-level pay.