Herman Miller

www.hermanmiller.com

Herman Miller Reviews

Updated Jul 10, 2014
Herman Miller – Zeeland – “Embody Office Chair”

Herman Miller President, CEO, and Director Brian C. Walker

Brian C. Walker

Pros
  • The work life balance is great (if you can handle it) and the products are amazing(in 14 reviews)

• they have good benefits, good salaries and great people(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • Communications are on a once a month basis With Middle management , and once a quarter with someone in a Senior management position(in 3 reviews)

• If you aren't in Michigan (or close) you can easily be forgotten about(in 3 reviews)

I like my job very much

Sales (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsWork Life Balance is great

ConsLots of paperwork right now

Advice to Senior ManagementValue customer interaction more than filling out forms

Great place to work

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

Prospromotes personal development., competitive compensation, supportive culture.

ConsI do not have any negative comments.

Advice to Senior Managementn/a

Great company

Operations Manager (Current Employee) Zeeland, MI

ProsVery supportive and progressive culture. Great leadership examples and lots of opporutnities to advance your career. Best compnay I have ever worked for.

ConsNo real bad points to make here.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Work Life Balance, Smart people

ProsCollaborative decision making, many opinions are saught and considered during the decision making process. The work life balance is very good.

ConsThe company is not good at prioritizing the chart of work...often there is too much on the plate and the employees have a hard time keeping up and feeling like they are succeeding.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe new growth strategy is engergizing, I feel like the future is going to be bright, however, it is important to focus on a few key strategies and areas for investment.

Great company to work for

Sales (Current Employee) Grand Rapids, MI

ProsGood work/life balance. Strong committment to employees.

ConsA lot of changes taking place at once.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work.

Territory Manager

Territory Manager (Current Employee)

ProsCreative leading edge design products and processes.

ConsThere are NO major negatives

Great organization, supportive direct management, one of the most iconic companies in the US.

Sales (Current Employee)

Pros- The work life balance is great (if you can handle it) and the products are amazing.
    - There is tons of research and information that you can access to help you present valuable information to potential clients.
    - Incredibly smart and innovative thinkers lead the way in design and new product development.

Cons- Politics, you have to fight corporate to get sales recognized or get much of anything done in the field.
    - There is a major disconnect between Michigan and the field. If you aren't in Michigan (or close) you can easily be forgotten about.
    - The pay is fair (depending on the size of your market) but comissions could be much better considering the margins - especially when you compare to other outside sales positions in other industries.
    - Lack of career development or clear career path.

Advice to Senior ManagementDevelop set career goals for employees to encourage development and upward mobility.

Great culture fit for me.

Marketing Manager (Current Employee) Holland, MI

ProsCulture, development opportunities, and emphasis on increasing diversity.

ConsHeadquarters is located in Holland, Michigan.

Advice to Senior ManagementWould like to see more women in executive leadership roles.

Very Good Experience at Herman Miller

Sales (Current Employee)

ProsGreat Benefits, good salary, surrounded by lots of big thinkers that are always looking for the next big idea without losing sight of what got the company to where we are today

ConsIn the R&D Process there can be more thought into the sellability of a product before it is launched. Include a sales person on the Product Launch Teams

Loved my job and people I worked with

Scheduler (Former Employee) Canton, GA

ProsThe company really cared about it's employees. GA OPS management was the best.

ConsGA facility was closed and business moved to MI

Advice to Senior ManagementTake care of people like managers in GA did

Worked for Herman Miller? Contribute to the Community!