Heroku
www.heroku.com San Francisco, CA 16 to 50 Employees

Heroku Reviews

Heroku – San Francisco – “Heroku front door”

Oren Teich

The best company I've had the pleasure to work for

Engineer (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsExtremely flexible time, interesting problems to solve, hard-working and competent colleagues, positive environment, opportunity to move around company and grow.

ConsSome may consider on-call rotations and supporting one's systems to be downsides to an engineering position; I don't mind it, and take pride in that work. I also think being page in the middle of the night changes the way you choose tools and build systems.

Advice to Senior ManagementFor engineers, the meetings are few. Keep it that way!

Amazing, transformational experience.

Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

ProsHeroku has been a really amazing experience. Some of the highlights about working here.

-Incredible culture, everyone here is warm, accepting, and eager to teach and discuss.
    -Customers always love talking to you and there is no pressure to get on the phone or sell them on something
    -Tremendous opportunity for upward growth. Team is growing rapidly
    -Challenging, but rewarding work. Occasionally very technical, it's important to know and lean on internal resources

Cons-New sales culture, so in formative stages of growth
    -Tools that salespeople use are not well-refined, and could use improvement.
    -Not really a con, but interesting to get used to any method of talking to customers, skype, video chat, IM; rarely use the phone!

Advice to Senior ManagementDirection about growth of the company could be helpful, and more cross-collaboration with teams would be extremely useful.

Worked for Heroku? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Heroku reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Heroku CEO Oren Teich. All reviews posted anonymously by Heroku employees.