Hersha Hospitality

Be The First To
Add Photos

Jay H. Shah

Poor management

ProsThe other employees are generally nice to work with.

ConsThe hotel I worked for is poorly managed. Every employee hates it there. There are never enough supplies. Things simply always go wrong.

Advice to Senior ManagementOrganization.

Good learning experience

Food & Beverage Server (Former Employee) Wilmington, DE

ProsGood company to work for. Good company core values that works in the best interest of excellent guest service and great guest satisfaction. Overall good potential for internal promoting.

ConsBenefits and pay aren't that great

Area Director of Revenue Management

Area Director of Revenue Management (Former Employee) New York, NY

Prosbest reasons to work here...none

ConsCorporate office is unorganized and does not know anything about managing people much less hotels. They are a law suit waiting to happen. Never have I seen managers act in such a manner that is despairingly illegal. HR and VP's are a joke! This company is the worst I have ever seen or been anywhere near! I would not let my worst enemy work here! The managers at their hotels are hostile and demeaning to their employees as well as people in the corporate office. The VP's in the Philadelphia office are also demeaning to the employees. There is no communication, no morale report with the managers. This is a sweat shop for hotel workers. The door is constantly revolving!

Advice to Senior ManagementThis company needs to get real managers. People who know how to actually manage others and keep morale up. They need to learn how to be a real company! Buying dozens of hotels doesn't make you a good company, it is the employees that you have who stay- no one stays here...says a lot about the company!

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

I worked here for one year and left. Do not recommend this company

Sales Manager (Former Employee) Washington, DC

ProsThere dont seem to be too many. I guess the regional team that I worked with was nice although they all seemed to be a bit over their heads in the skills they have and the skills they need.

ConsThis company is very "clicky" in that there are two groups. Either you're a long timer and are one of the "boys club" and everyone else. All of the people I talked to in the company tell me how hard it is to break into this click so many people leave after just a year like I did.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should employ a feedback mechanism to get the employee's feedback. Then, you should be humble enough to hear us and react to the feedback.

Great people, but the work can get redundant

Revenue Management Intern (Former Employee) New York, NY

Pros-Open door policy
    -Great corporate culture
    -Directors are always willing to help

Cons-Work can get dull and redundant

NYC Office is unorganized, unprofessional, petty and regressive.

Area Director of Revenue Management (Former Employee) New York, NY

ProsReceived NYC & multi-brand experience.

ConsRegional Operations team is underqualified for positions. Office atmosphere is extremely political, male-dominated and fosters a toxic work environment. Support from Regional Operations and VP of Revenue Management does not exist; their behavior is subversive and counterproductive - they will put their needs and desires above those of the company and their subordinates.

Advice to Senior ManagementTake time to listen to employees, this will be most helpful in identifying core problems. Give HR the necessary training so they have the tools to enable them to deal with these issues. Recognize that some of the people in upper-management roles may not be fit for said role, despite the time they have invested with the company. The company itself seems to be moving in the right direction, while the NYC office maintains a very narrow-minded view of the overall picture.

Lots of autonomy in the execution of duties.

Banquet Staff (Current Employee) Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL

ProsNo micromanagement
    Decent hourly pay, considering the skills required.
    Great work environment.
    Great experience to fall back on in tough times.

ConsLong shifts (12-20 hours)
    High variability in hours worked (Sometimes 80 hr/wk, sometimes 12 hrs/wk)
    A field with high demand for competent, consistent workers (Never out of a job).

Do not recommend this company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Jamaica, NY

ProsHealth Insurance but very expensive and some promotion within

ConsDo not treat employees fairly; Do not give raises on timely fashion.
    Managers are really bad at providing their staff any time of information

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat your employees with respect and listen to their opinions and maybe you will have a better outcome.
    Do not side with General Managers they will always say what you want to hear. Upper Management should check on properties more often so they can actually see what is really going on at the hotels.

I would not recommend others to work for company

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Prosnumerous hotels available. benefits available. health insurance.

Consrevolving door, no job security, don't treat employees well

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your people right and inturn they will prodce for you

Worked for Hersha Hospitality? Contribute to the Community!