Hersha Hospitality Reviews

Reset
2.3
Jay H. Shah

1. Great people, great company

Pros

small company, get to know everyone, and everyone is nice

Cons

work can get boring sometimes

2. Amazing

Current Employee - Accountant in Harrisburg, PA
    Current Employee - Accountant in Harrisburg, PA

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You like hotels? You like hospitality? This is the right place for you to work! Love this place!

Cons

Need longer lunches. Not enough smoke breaks. Sometimes you have to work on your break which isn't cool, at all.

Advice to Management

Management, please give your employees more raises and stuff. We need it! We really do! We love you though, real talk.

Decent company, I've enjoyed my time.

Pros

They promote from within and the opportunity for growth is definitely there. They do a great job of making you aware of opportunities as well.

Cons

Wish there were more hotels in their portfolio. There are none in a lot of major cities I would have been interested in moving to. They don't have very many high end or full service hotels either. May be property specific but they do not do very much in the way of employee appreciation or give back to the staff in any way.

5. Growing pains

Pros

Great staff on property and amazing regional support. Love my property and the people I work with daily. No matter what is thrown at us, we get through it.

Cons

Corporate staff needs help in the Payroll and IT departments. Need to add more bodies and support for the properties in this area.

Advice to Management

Be proactive with hiring instead of reactive. Prepare for growth by hiring in departments that will need it instead of scrambling after the fact.

6. Lots of autonomy in the execution of duties.

Current Employee - Banquet Staff in Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL
    Current Employee - Banquet Staff in Saint Pete Beach, Pinellas, FL

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

No micromanagement Decent hourly pay, considering the skills required. Great work environment. Great experience to fall back on in tough times.

Cons

Long shifts (12-20 hours) High variability in hours worked (Sometimes 80 hr/wk, sometimes 12 hrs/wk) A field with high demand for competent, consistent workers (Never out of a job).

Poor management

Pros

The other employees are generally nice to work with.

Cons

The hotel I worked for is poorly managed. Every employee hates it there. There are never enough supplies. Things simply always go wrong.

Advice to Management

Organization.

You're just a number.

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality full-time

Pros

Personal Growth... so many changes and position open. You will be able to move up

Cons

Benefits. Horrible communication and the company will look-out for itself.

9. Co-workers are like family

Pros

It's a great place to work because everyone who works here is like family. We have been here way before Hersha was in charge. So we have stuck together.

Cons

The annual raise is only 3%. The company is really cheap when it comes to giving raises.

Advice to Management

If you are willing to pay your employees more then they will be happier at work. Which will result in hard work and great reviews for the hotel. Employee satisfaction is key to a successful business.

10. Great Growth

Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Brooklyn, NY
    Current Employee - Front Desk Agent in Brooklyn, NY

I have been working at Hersha Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

great growth opportunity, you will learn a lot if you have no hospitality background and the people are usually great to work with

Cons

people grow too fast and there is not enough direction. You learn as you go and there is almost no training involved.

Advice to Management

get standards in order and make things black and white. Too many managers at multiple properties have 1 title but do 3 jobs. I understand you're trying to save money but an Executive Housekeeper should not be doing her job, and Accounts receivables, and something else outside of their job title.

11. wages poor

Current Employee - Accounting Coordinator
    Current Employee - Accounting Coordinator

Pros

Ok place to start as a entry level if your supervisor/manager actually teaches and show you how to do serious tasks that well help you in your career instead of being stuck as a "accounting coordinator" and making wages a 20 year old couldnt live of, even if they lived at home with mom and dad with no bills.

Cons

Very low pay for the amount of work they give. They classified employees as "accounting coordinator " instead of accounts receivable, accounts payable, staff accountant, or anything else so they can pay you a lower wage even though you are doing all of these job titles that require a higher minimum pay.

Advice to Management

Actually read the surveys that hr gives the employees at these location. Visit the properties and see whats really going on and the issues these employees are having with these low wages and why and how these employees have issues with a lot of these supervisors who dont know how to talk to people.

RSS Feed </> Embed