Hertz

3.3
1,797 Reviews

Hertz President and CEO John Tague
John Tague

Pros
  • Fast paced work environment, never a dull day that sure beats a cubical (in 66 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • The company has implemented a work life balance schedule that makes it better for all (in 93 reviews)

• sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy (in 272 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place for a career

Current Employee - General Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - General Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compensated based on performance
    fast paced work enviornment
    Great culture

Cons

Difficult to find any negative with it

Continue the constant communication and feedback on performance

Interesting is how I would sum up my time here...I ended up getting laid off due to lack of business.

Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hertz

Pros

As a transporter you get to drive brand new cars around that just came off a truck from the factory. You also get to spend time with your co-workers, and if you like driving this is a fun and easy job to supplement your income.

Cons

As simply a transporter, I had no interest in "moving up in the company", but I could easily tell that while I was there managers were not happy at all. Senior management seems to treat everyone under them (especially transporters) like we were scum of the earth. For example, while on a valid break one day, the regional manager came in the break room and yelled at all the transporters in there demanding to know why they weren't working. They went on a hiring spree, and then had to layoff tons of us a couple years later.

Treat the worker-bees with the same respect that you would expect. Open the lines of communications and don't be afraid to take suggestions from people in lower positions.