Hertz

3.5
1,670 Reviews

Hertz Interim CEO Brian P. MacDonald
Brian P. MacDonald

Pros
  • The environment is fast-paced, high energy and the management team here in the St (in 60 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy (in 255 reviews)

• It's to the point that a "Work/Life Balance" initiative is being put into place by our Area Manager (in 76 reviews)

More Highlights

2 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great place for a career

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - General Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Compensated based on performance
    fast paced work enviornment
    Great culture

Cons

Difficult to find any negative with it

Continue the constant communication and feedback on performance

Interesting is how I would sum up my time here...I ended up getting laid off due to lack of business.

Former Employee - Transporter  in  Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hertz

Pros

As a transporter you get to drive brand new cars around that just came off a truck from the factory. You also get to spend time with your co-workers, and if you like driving this is a fun and easy job to supplement your income.

Cons

As simply a transporter, I had no interest in "moving up in the company", but I could easily tell that while I was there managers were not happy at all. Senior management seems to treat everyone under them (especially transporters) like we were scum of the earth. For example, while on a valid break one day, the regional manager came in the break room and yelled at all the transporters in there demanding to know why they weren't working. They went on a hiring spree, and then had to layoff tons of us a couple years later.

Treat the worker-bees with the same respect that you would expect. Open the lines of communications and don't be afraid to take suggestions from people in lower positions.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!