Hertz Reviews

John Tague

1. Great place for a career

Current Employee - General Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - General Manager in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at Hertz full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Compensated based on performance
    fast paced work enviornment
    Great culture

Cons

Difficult to find any negative with it

Continue the constant communication and feedback on performance

A lot of potential but very poorly run overall. For local management to corporate management.

Former Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Senior Branch Manager in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hertz full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Independent operation allowed to find and develop business.

Cons

Was not paid full commissions, Hertz withheld up to 40% of bonus/comm checks. Managers only care about themselves. Long hours, 50-55 hours a week. Pay off a PY performance instead of a profit structure, so if a previous manager had a great month because of weather or a special event, no matter how well the current manager does with controlling costs and driving revenue you may not bonus vs the previous year. Poor structure.

Communicate with employees about pay and remove all the red tape it takes to get anything done by installing local corporate offices per state or region.

Interesting is how I would sum up my time here...I ended up getting laid off due to lack of business.

Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Transporter in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Hertz

Pros

As a transporter you get to drive brand new cars around that just came off a truck from the factory. You also get to spend time with your co-workers, and if you like driving this is a fun and easy job to supplement your income.

Cons

As simply a transporter, I had no interest in "moving up in the company", but I could easily tell that while I was there managers were not happy at all. Senior management seems to treat everyone under them (especially transporters) like we were scum of the earth. For example, while on a valid break one day, the regional manager came in the break room and yelled at all the transporters in there demanding to know why they weren't working. They went on a hiring spree, and then had to layoff tons of us a couple years later.

Treat the worker-bees with the same respect that you would expect. Open the lines of communications and don't be afraid to take suggestions from people in lower positions.