Hertz

Hertz Reviews in Charlotte, NC

Updated Jul 6, 2014

Hertz Chairman and CEO Mark P. Frissora

Mark P. Frissora

Pros
  • The environment is fast-paced, high energy and the management team here in the St(in 59 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy(in 253 reviews)

• It's to the point that a "Work/Life Balance" initiative is being put into place by our Area Manager(in 76 reviews)

10 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great Company

Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsBenefits, training, people, team work

Conshours can be long but worth it

It was ok.

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsI had as much overtime as I wanted. I got a regular raise. The discounted rentals.

ConsThey say they promote within but they don't, they try to make you do everyone else's job and don't want to pay you mode for it.

Advice to Senior ManagementMaybe if you got rid of some of those managers then yall wouldn't have these problems.

Manager

Assistant Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsIt is very fast pace. You can get promote very fast.

ConsAlot of pressure from management, constantly have to give customers maybe answer, there is no job security.

Advice to Senior ManagementChange the culture of the company, its not a sustainable one.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Hertz Equipment Rental - dangerous career environment.

Business Development Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosopportunity to ring the till daily and create value for entire team.

Consi had four different bosses each with a different objective for me...and one of them laid me off. everyone should know exactly who their one boss is, and exactly what your individual and collective objective is. not so at HERC.

Advice to Senior Managementget your organization chart squared away. provide authorization to employees that equals their responsibilities.

Manager....It really is horrible! Dont believe positive reviews!

Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThey give you a free car to drive, gosh..... Pay me enough and i will buy my own dem car!
    Extremely low pay!!! oH i'ts pros....Sorry no pros!

Consit's a dem sweatshop, make you wash and clean car is suits! I'm sweaty everyday to the point of having to squeeze my shirt out and all that for $10/hour for a college graduate? Give me a break! I can't believe these a******* and their slave type business model.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet real! No normal person that respects himself and his college degree will work for you!

Best company I've worked for

Location Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe pros of this career is that there is amazing opportunities all over the place. Upper management is amazing when it comes to asking questions, they are always availible talk if not they will give you a call right back the same day. Here in the Charlotte NC region we may have one of the best group of employees I have worked with in a long time.

ConsThere are no cons to working for Hertz.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe advice I would give is to hit the door running, and to ask all of the questions you can ask that way you can move up the corporate ladder.

Great culture and senior management committed to improving even more

Manager (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsGreat culture
    Great team environment
    Great benefits including company car
    Training program aimed at developing you as a leader and not a manager
    Great career advancement opportunities if you perform
    Great team of bosses who want you to succeed

ConsSpending freezes associated with meeting wall st expectations
    Irrational customers who only want a freebie and can't be satisfied

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue focusing in culture and empower managers to drive improvement
    Continue training employees to develop better employees

assistant branch manager

Assistant Branch Manager (Former Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosthe ability to drive different vech.
    paid weekly
    laid back work environment

Consclean cars in suit
    pay
    management rarely comes to work because they are salary

Great experience dealing with the public, sales, and overall leadership when if you take it serious.

Manager Associate (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

ProsThe company has great benefits. It is a great learning experience because you encounter a lot of different situations. You get a lot of hours.

ConsThe pay is not all that great. At times you get TOO many hours. Same thing everyday for the most part.

Advice to Senior ManagementRaise the pay so you can keep you best employees. They end up leaving to work for the "other guys."

Sales and Service Rep

SSA (Current Employee) Charlotte, NC

Prosover time is great and work goes by fast

Consone person lots and lots of duties

Advice to Senior Managementmore one on one time

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!