Hertz

1,732 Reviews

Hertz Chairman and CEO Mark P. Frissora
Mark P. Frissora
1,212 Ratings

Pros
  • The environment is fast-paced, high energy and the management team here in the St (in 60 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy (in 255 reviews)

• It's to the point that a "Work/Life Balance" initiative is being put into place by our Area Manager (in 76 reviews)

More Highlights

1 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Hertz Local Edition - Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager  in  Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Des Plaines, IL

Pros

Hertz has a great corporate structure, if you are willing to put in the work it pays off. There is a lot of room for advancement. I was able to excel through the management training program within 8 months.

The team atmosphere makes my job much more enjoyable, and we have a lot of support. Unlike most large companies I feel the upper management really acknowledges our ideas and supports us as much as we need. There is also a good deal of after-hours events for all levels that are pretty fun.

Branch Manger salary is on the high end for entry level management. There is also the benefit of a company car and gas.

Benefits are excellent. There is also an option for stock and 401K.

The vacation package is more than I would have ever expected. We have enough that I can take a few nice trips each year.

Cons

Long hours

Starting pay is low, but if you work for monthly bonus' it can make a huge difference

I appreciate the opportunities we get to provide feedback, especially with skip level meetings. I would just say to keep doing things like this and listening to our ideas.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!