Hertz Reviews

Reset
5.0
Hertz President and CEO John Tague
John Tague

Pros
  • It is a fast-paced environment where key metrics are tracked (in 66 reviews)

• Great opportunity for advancement within the Company (in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • Low job satisfaction / low pay / limited commission bonuses / bad work-life balance (in 93 reviews)

• very long hours with minimal pay (in 272 reviews)

1. Hertz Local Edition - Branch Manager

Current Employee - Branch Manager in Des Plaines, IL
    Current Employee - Branch Manager in Des Plaines, IL

I have been working at Hertz full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hertz has a great corporate structure, if you are willing to put in the work it pays off. There is a lot of room for advancement. I was able to excel through the management training program within 8 months. The team atmosphere makes my job much more enjoyable, and we have a lot of support. Unlike most large companies I feel the upper management really acknowledges our ideas and supports us as much as we need. There is also a good deal of after-hours events for all levels that are pretty fun. Branch Manger salary is on the high end for entry level management. There is also the benefit of a company car and gas. Benefits are excellent. There is also an option for stock and 401K. The vacation package is more than I would have ever expected. We have enough that I can take a few nice trips each year.

Cons

Long hours Starting pay is low, but if you work for monthly bonus' it can make a huge difference

Advice to Management

I appreciate the opportunities we get to provide feedback, especially with skip level meetings. I would just say to keep doing things like this and listening to our ideas.

Showing 1 of 2,335 review