Hertz

Hertz Chairman and CEO Mark P. Frissora

Mark P. Frissora

13 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Very Satisfied Employee

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time for less than a year

ProsVery Good Learning Experiences and Uncapped Commission

ConsThe downsides of working here is not enough cars on holidays

Long hours, frustrating, but good pay and promotion from within.

Management Associate (Current Employee)
Miami, FL

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

ProsCompensation, Overtime, Sales Experience, Gain experience in management and customer service. Learn how to run a business. Learn about and drive all kinds of cars. Hertz turns you into a wheeler and dealer, a seasoned salesperson. At first you are a wad of cookie dough and after 6 months to a year, you're carved out of wood. Nothing fazes you after you get used to being screamed on a regular basis, constantly negotiating deals and prices and difficult Stressful situations. In general work is stressful since you're constantly running but feel this has been a huge growth experience. You either naturally move up or move out so this provides for constant openings and therefore opportunities to advance in the company. Some Sales reps and managers make crazy bank with bonuses and commission. This aspect of the job, especially during high-season can be very enticing and rewarding.

ConsMany times without enough cars to meet demand. Cost-Cutting, stingy company culture. Cleaning Cars. Short-staffed frequently. Phone ringing while another person is on hold and you're doing a rental. Screaming customers because Hertz doesn't have their car or no car at all. It is frustrating to see so much potential for the company squandered. To make customers wait 30, an hour, 2-3 hours for their car they had reserved. Being yelled at and not being able to adequately plan and prepare for your business day because you don't have the inventory or personnel.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to minimize expenses and realize a lower fleet utilization allows the business to handle fluxes in demand. (Seinfeld episode: I have a reservation but you don't have any cars) Hire more people to handle operations properly and be able to provide better customer service and a better experience for the customers and the employees.

Great place to work and advance your carrer.

Senior Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 5 years

ProsUpper management ( Area Mgrs ) are very understanding to the employee needs . By allowing us having a work life balance this allows the employees to focus on acheiving their monthly goals . While acheving the goals you also ripe the benifits by getting a monthly bonus .

ConsMore staffing needed to answer phones .

Advice to Senior ManagementI personally feel if you had a least one more person in the office we can achieve more . Especally when it comes to making EVERY single phone call inquiry into a resvervation . But all in all I am very happy with Hertz and would and have recommend it friends and family members for employment !

Everyday is a new adventure.....

Store Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 10 years

ProsFinancially stable company with always room for growth....

Consduring season plenty of working hours

Advice to Senior Managementtake care of your loyal people who have been dedicated to years.

The Mark of a good company

Senior Branch Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHertz promotes a comfortable and friendly work environment. Our CEO is truly concerned about the employees. He understands that happy employee means an increase in productivity and contribution. In the last CEO Webcast, he stated how important it is to keep employee involved. I wholeheartedly agree with his approach.

ConsWe are constantly having staffing issues. It appears that once an employee becomes a Branch Manager, it becomes increasingly difficult to become an Area Manager.

Advice to Senior ManagementCreate a better system of delivery for employee feedback. II. Create a more flexible schedule at our off-airport location. Employees feel overworked at times.

Keep up with the future

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Prosproud to take the steps to be the future in car rentals.

Conssometimes to fast to keep up with. Bonus structure understanding.

Advice to Senior ManagementGive managers the to tools to be successful.

A great place to work that values hard work and creativity.

Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 10 years

ProsHard work is valued and encouraged. Also, creativity is also strongly encouraged with frequent brainstorming and other idea-generating processes. Those with great ideas are rewarded both professionally and financially. As the company grows, there are opportunities in so many diverse areas. The company continues to acquire other companies, giving its employees so many options for future career growth.

ConsVery competivive environement can bring challenging times. Also, very dependent on the economy. in rough economic times, things can stressful with the downward pressure.

Advice to Senior ManagementRe-evaluate compensation model and other financial benefits more often. Sometimes, the compensation system can seem archaic.

Changing for the better

Location Manager I (Current Employee)

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

ProsWilling to change, alsways onething new and exciting. Company is always communicating to its managers and looking for new ideas

ConsTough, competitive industry that can be difficult and demanding for the people who work in it. Company can be strit for people who do not perform well

Advice to Senior ManagementMore consistant on stopping and starting spending. Make a budget ans stick to it

Only take if you can't get a job at the car wash

Location Manager (Former Employee)

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

ProsFree car, and gas. New building, clean bathrooms!!!

ConsYou will work more than 40 hours week almost 55+ and up some weeks. Bonus.. what bonus it changes each year so much its just crazy. Never work at the Miami Airport!!! You have been warned. Any other airport non union is ok but never go to Miami. Also no pay increase ever! Union controls the managers.

Advice to Senior ManagementNo advice the turnover is so crazy whats the point to suggest something. In my brief time there saw 8 managers, 24 CSR, 2 Area Mangers, and heard the HR manager left.

It can't all be lies

Management Trainee (Former Employee)

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Proshmm...if you rent a lot, you will get discounts on car rentals

ConsWhere to start? Manager Trainee position should not require a college degree; I could've done this job while in high school. It’s a joke, they want college degrees but yet the pay is not even close to being decent. The only want to bring home 2000 a month after taxes would be to work 50 plus hours weekly, the bonus structure is totally not possible if you’re doing everything ethically. The company lets the customer abuse the employees and don't let the branch manager or area manager try to lie about it being easy to move up within the company. The only way to move up is if several people just die/quit, upper management is completely out of touch with what’s going on at the rental level. They want you to look professional, but yet they expect you to go out in 90 degree weather in a shirt and tie to clean cars, turn around and pick up customers and then also rent to them...wouldn't wish this on an enemy

Advice to Senior ManagementIf you want quality college educated people, pay better. Hire porters to clean the cars, better work/life balance in addition to better health care coverage

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!

Hertz Videos

Hertz – Why Work for Us?

Who We Are In September of 1918, the pioneer of auto renting, Walter L. Jacobs, at the age of 22, opened a car-rental operation in Chicago. Starting with a dozen Model T Fords, which he repaired and repainted himself… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hertz reviews and ratings in Miami, FL — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hertz CEO Mark P. Frissora. All 13 reviews posted anonymously by Hertz employees.