Hertz

Hertz Reviews in Oklahoma City, OK

Updated Jun 27, 2014

Hertz Chairman and CEO Mark P. Frissora

Mark P. Frissora

Pros
  • The environment is fast-paced, high energy and the management team here in the St(in 59 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy(in 253 reviews)

• It's to the point that a "Work/Life Balance" initiative is being put into place by our Area Manager(in 76 reviews)

48 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Co-workers are like family!

Title Clerk (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsWelcoming environment, everyone is included in work functions, great benefit package, no weekends for my particular job, managers want to help you when you need it and not pawn it off for/to others

ConsSo far there have been none I can note.

If you are a warm body you're hired.

Administrative (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsWork in Admin. Good qay to learn about the company and the employees all over the country. Easy job for the most part, definitely hone your computer skills there.

ConsAll for one and none for all. I don't know about the rest of the company, but my office is like a high school hallway. You have your little group you work well with and can blow steam off with. There are the hall monitors that are obvious but try to be sneaky and catch dirt in conversations. The snooty person who can only complain, Loudly. And the principal who is also the cheshire cat. They don't care about you or even think of you as human. You're a cheap drone.

Advice to Senior ManagementOSHA training is usually a mandatory thing, I highly suggest you stop calling in those days. People don't stay because there's no trust, consideration, or appreciation - there's no team. You have to be a unit to work your best.

Good benefits, corporate hell

Specialist (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsSolid benefits package, lots of in-office parties

ConsYou'll be up for a promotion only when someone leaves the company or retires, and this is at a company where many careers last 20 - 30 years. Expect to work weekends often. Dress code!

Advice to Senior ManagementProvide more training to entry level employees, set out career paths in order to keep talent. Promote more often than every ten years.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Exhausting and unrewarding.

Vehicle Control Representative (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsNot sure if they still give raises but when I worked there we were given a small raise every year.

ConsLots of changes every week. They expect overtime with no pay and expect you to take classes online with no guarantee of advancement and on your own time. Very structured environment with little interaction between workers.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou should appreciate what your employees give to the organization and recognize what they contribute.

Watch your back!

Accountant (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat discount on rental cars

ConsLow pay can't trust mgmt terrible work environment training is a joke 2% raises really????

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't lie on your employees to save your own job cause you never win when you play dirty

This company does not care about the employees

Body Shop Specialist (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsCompany is a profitable one, could mean longterm employment

ConsThe supervisors are not people-oriented but profit driven at all costs. The policy comes from New Jersey which is out of touch with many of the local offices. The employees are poorly paid and there is not pay structure for excellent workers to receive bonuses. The hours are not expedient for any outside activities such as going back to school or having another part-time job. There is no sense of team work there or family feeling. It is all about the business of making Hertz more profitable. The HR department does not know the regulations of the company or the federal employment laws.

Advice to Senior ManagementLearn to be in touch with the employees.

no longer with company

Senior Account Control Representative (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Proswas good to work for

Consstress level high, nothing to resolve the problem , without people company fails.

Advice to Senior Managementshow more about employee life that dollar amounts.

– I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company

Hertz in Oklahoma City

Mid-Level Management (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsSubstaintial discounts on Ford vehicles through the A plan since Ford owns most Hertz.

ConsManagement always hassles the hourly employees. They look for reasons to fire people. As a manager I could no longer tolerate working there and treating people in such a manner. Most high-level managers are people who move up through the ranks by whatever means necessary. They discriminate against people for medical, racial and other reasons. Most wasted two years of my life. I was warned by former employees not to accept employment at Hertz, I didn't listen. Funny how you only meet people that have worked there up to three years or more than twenty. Not many in between. Once you turn in you resignation they find a reason to terminate you and not pay you for the two weeks notice.

Advice to Senior ManagementTry treating your employees like a valuable asset. Hire managers that know how to manage.

An Ok place to work

Accountant (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGood pay, benefits, vacation time and hours. People are generally good to work with. Environment is generally pleasant.

ConsNeed to review how they pick people for management position and Management does not take criticism of upper management well. More training on all new systems being brought on board to be worked on.

Advice to Senior ManagementWhen picking management or supervisor's you need to look for people oriented candidates.

Big company only looks at numbers

Central Recovery (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsGreat perks, good cafe, and gym on site.

ConsOnly concerned with bottom line and not family oriented at all.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!