Hertz

3.5
1,658 Reviews

Hertz Interim CEO Brian P. MacDonald
Brian P. MacDonald

Pros
  • The environment is fast-paced, high energy and the management team here in the St (in 60 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy (in 255 reviews)

• It's to the point that a "Work/Life Balance" initiative is being put into place by our Area Manager (in 76 reviews)

More Highlights

54 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

It was great experience to work at Hertz

Former Employee - IT Intern  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - IT Intern in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Very friendly environment with a flexible schedule as long as you do your work.

Cons

I did not receive a lot of training in my area.

So Rachet, So Rude

Former Employee - Virtual Kiosk Agent  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Virtual Kiosk Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

The best thing about working here is the flexible hours. If you're a student they are pretty accommodating.

Cons

The pay is terrible. You are micro-managed into oblivion. They hire very rachet people and basically anyone who applys. the standards are very low.

Consider setting higher standards for the office culture and dress code. increase the pay not just the incentives which are usually out of reach for even diligent employees.

A good job if you can keep up with a fast-paced, changing environment.

Former Employee - First Notice of Loss Examiner  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - First Notice of Loss Examiner in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Employee incentive programs, personal growth, skill development, good workplace atmosphere.

Cons

Constantly shifting goals and policies.

Please value consistency when setting goals and policies.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Former Employee

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great mid level to senior management. They truly want you to succeed. Starting in reservations is a great way to get your foot in the door and move up within the business. They prefer to hire within, and pay increases depending on how many different departments you learn.

Cons

24 hour environment. Working in a call center for 8 hours with no windows can become difficult. Outside areas are not always clean.

Keep up the good work

Low pay, high stress and no opportunities.

Current Employee - Emergency Roadside Agent  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Emergency Roadside Agent in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

HR and Supervisors(TPLs) will work with you on numerous issues, but you have to make sure you have all your paperwork in line. Employees are generally nice and empathetic.

Cons

Low compensation for work required and raises do not keep up with inflation. Mandatory overtime due to bad hiring practices. They will increase your work load without increasing your pay. Benefits and incentives are comically bad. No back-up systems for system outages. Cares more about metrics than customers. Management seems impervious to change. Requires a bachelors to become a supervisor, meaning that merit is not rewarded. Paid Time Off is subject to approval, it can also be cancelled at a whim. Most people quit within in their first 6 months.

Compensate your employees appropriately and they will stay. Stop rewarding seniority and reward merit. Stop adding processes to systems that currently work. Get rid of your CEO and most of your upper management, find some talent to replace them. Make sure that the product works. Stop removing customer and employee incentives. There are so many things that could change, but like I said in the "Cons" section...

Since negative 5 wasn't an option..

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pro is that it's an easy job as long as I don't help the customer and waste any of Hertz potential millions.

Cons

They do not want us to perform good customer service, they want us to meet a call time and waste as little money on customers as possible.

Get a clue..
    If your customers are unhappy, undervalued, and treated like the toilet (always giving them crap and expecting that they keep taking it)..
    You won't have any more customers.
    Plus the morale is so low amongst my fellow employees, we are all looking for more fulfilling jobs.

If you are a warm body you're hired.

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Administrative in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work in Admin. Good qay to learn about the company and the employees all over the country. Easy job for the most part, definitely hone your computer skills there.

Cons

All for one and none for all. I don't know about the rest of the company, but my office is like a high school hallway. You have your little group you work well with and can blow steam off with. There are the hall monitors that are obvious but try to be sneaky and catch dirt in conversations. The snooty person who can only complain, Loudly. And the principal who is also the cheshire cat. They don't care about you or even think of you as human. You're a cheap drone.

OSHA training is usually a mandatory thing, I highly suggest you stop calling in those days. People don't stay because there's no trust, consideration, or appreciation - there's no team. You have to be a unit to work your best.

Good benefits, corporate hell

Former Employee - Specialist  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Specialist in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for less than a year

Pros

Solid benefits package, lots of in-office parties

Cons

You'll be up for a promotion only when someone leaves the company or retires, and this is at a company where many careers last 20 - 30 years. Expect to work weekends often. Dress code!

Provide more training to entry level employees, set out career paths in order to keep talent. Promote more often than every ten years.

Watch your back!

Former Employee - Accountant  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Accountant in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great discount on rental cars

Cons

Low pay can't trust mgmt terrible work environment training is a joke 2% raises really????

Don't lie on your employees to save your own job cause you never win when you play dirty

Exhausting and unrewarding.

Former Employee - Vehicle Control Representative  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Vehicle Control Representative in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hertz full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Not sure if they still give raises but when I worked there we were given a small raise every year.

Cons

Lots of changes every week. They expect overtime with no pay and expect you to take classes online with no guarantee of advancement and on your own time. Very structured environment with little interaction between workers.

You should appreciate what your employees give to the organization and recognize what they contribute.

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!