Hertz

Hertz Reviews in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Jun 24, 2014

Hertz Chairman and CEO Mark P. Frissora

Mark P. Frissora

Pros
  • The environment is fast-paced, high energy and the management team here in the St (in 60 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy (in 255 reviews)

• It's to the point that a "Work/Life Balance" initiative is being put into place by our Area Manager (in 76 reviews)

More Highlights
23 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

A Great Company to Work for

Express Rent Sales Specialist (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsHertz offers a lot to their employees including benefits and paid time off and they even pay you to have your birthday off. There is also a lot of opportunity to move around inside of the company since they are global.

ConsThe only con is that the shift bids are based on seniority and not on production so there is a chance that you might get a shift that you don't like but there is more than one way to swap out of that shift and they usually try to work with you and accommodate you.

Hertz Response

Jun 24, 2014Director, Employee Engagement

Thank you - Express Rent Sales Specialist in Phoenix, AZ - for your review. We really appreciate the work that you do for the company and its customers.

No real responsibility

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsThe best thing about working at Hertz is the money, you have opportunities to a lot of money if your good at sales. Plenty of overtime available and great benefits.

ConsLack of team work and management support.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement needs more training or more qualifications need to stand for new managers coming in.

Incentives for current employees to rate them well on here.

Senior Branch Manager (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsBenefits and experience easy to move up. Incentives for positive reviews.

ConsManagement doesn't care. Once you are salary plan on working 6 days a week at least. Oh you are sick work any way. Can't hire enough people to properly staff stores. Management is not realistic. Read the article that has Hertz as the 4th worst employer that will tell you the truth

Advice to Senior ManagementBe realistic. Remember what it is like to staff a branch. If you can't remember go work in one for a week. A busy understaffed one. Undercover boss has a great idea just expand on it. Treat people how you would want to be treated.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Loved the job in the beginning.

Customer Service Representative, Gold Choice (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsI was lucky enough to have a position in Gold choice at phx,az. I love being able to move with freedom, and interact with the customers on a level playing field. Best part of the job was not being chained to a counter or phone.

ConsThe managers from top down have become less supportive, less human, they stopped treating the employees like valuable assets and more like uneducated monkeys. the phx location has always been chaotic.
    Who ever came up with the design for the uniform was not considering the type of customers that are dealt with at certain locations with higher end cars and customers.

Advice to Senior ManagementRemember that the non-management staff is your front line support. We see the customers first, we try to take care of their needs and issues before it even gets to you. We take quite a bit of abuse from some customers. As managers you need to support us first, remember our job is already stressful stop adding to it. Finally we deserve respect from you as much as you deserve it from us.

Fun atmoshphere

Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsLong term family and friends made while working 16 years. Excellent benefits and superiors listen to your ideas for improvement.

ConsNothing I'm just sad to leave the company.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going your doing an awesome job!

A Great Career Choice!

Area Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsAdvancement, recognition, bonuses, learn HOW to run a business from day one! - a TRUE career, not just a job! Senior Management Team always looking for ways to stay ahead of the competition!

ConsNo real cons to speak of, it is a great place to work, I enjoy every day!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for helping us succeed!

Great opportunity

Area Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsHUGE potential for advancement... Truly a company where if you put in the effort and dedicate your self you will advance.

ConsThere is really no cons

Awesome company

Area Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsWork hard and get promoted!

ConsNo real cons at this time

Run your own business and grow with the Company

Branch Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

ProsHertz is a great company that gives you all the tools you need to run a successful business. The growth potential is limlitless for those willing to put in the work. Like all those in upper management and even the senior executives, everyone starts as a Manager Trainee and works their way up. As an employee, this is great to see. I started as a manager in training and progressed through the ranks to a branch manager. Salary is competitive and branch managers also get to take home a company car which a great perk!
    I would reccomend the Manager in Training position for any hard-working, enthusiastic, customer service oriented individuals. At the rate Hertz is growing, they can be promoted to a branch manager very quickly! Possibilities really are endless here.

ConsMust be able to multi-task and manage your time. They hand the business to you and you need to manage it effectively.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep opening up new stores and areas!

Opportunities are endless

Area Manager (Current Employee) Phoenix, AZ

Proswork hard, work smart and get promoted, easy as that!

Consstressfull days, tough customers, sometimes long hours

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep in touch!

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!