Hertz

3.3 1,589 reviews

Hertz Chairman and CEO Mark P. Frissora

Mark P. Frissora

(1,100 ratings)

Pros
  • The environment is fast-paced, high energy and the management team here in the St (in 60 reviews)

• There is a lot of opportunity for advancement in a short amount of time here at hertz (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • sometimes there are long hours but also can be a pro due to company being busy (in 255 reviews)

• It's to the point that a "Work/Life Balance" initiative is being put into place by our Area Manager (in 76 reviews)

More Highlights
1,589 Employee Reviews

This is the place to be!!!!

Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) Carlisle, PA

ProsGreat people a lot of opportunities for advancement. You put in the time/effort the rewards will follow. Good hrs and weekends off.

ConsHaven't found any as of yet. Maybe just the long hrs that's about it.

Advice to Senior ManagementNever allow the people below you feel unappreciated.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

your sales is the only way you advance

Manager Trainee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

Prosfun work and good people

Conslow pay, long hours (50-60 avg)

Advice to Senior Managementless politics in promotions would be nice

The money has gotten funny.

Branch Manager (Current Employee)

ProsStarting MT pay is higher of all rental car companies. You get paid to sell optional services. The better you sell, the more money you make.

ConsThe board does what ever it takes to make the stock look good. This includes paying bonuses late. I have bought toilet paper from home before because all spending was cut off. I see a cash flow problem. I was a huge Hertz promoter until my bonus checks stoped. Now no one can tell us when they will start. I no longer would recommend this company to a friend to work for.

Advice to Senior ManagementYour employees are your greatest asset. I have no problem working long hours with little help. I do see a problem with not being paid our commission or bonuses on time. Get HR ready because they are going to be busy replacing your non paid employees when they leave for financial reasons. I am surprised this hasn't hit the media yet.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Low pay, high stress and no opportunities.

Emergency Roadside Agent (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsHR and Supervisors(TPLs) will work with you on numerous issues, but you have to make sure you have all your paperwork in line. Employees are generally nice and empathetic.

ConsLow compensation for work required and raises do not keep up with inflation. Mandatory overtime due to bad hiring practices. They will increase your work load without increasing your pay. Benefits and incentives are comically bad. No back-up systems for system outages. Cares more about metrics than customers. Management seems impervious to change. Requires a bachelors to become a supervisor, meaning that merit is not rewarded. Paid Time Off is subject to approval, it can also be cancelled at a whim. Most people quit within in their first 6 months.

Advice to Senior ManagementCompensate your employees appropriately and they will stay. Stop rewarding seniority and reward merit. Stop adding processes to systems that currently work. Get rid of your CEO and most of your upper management, find some talent to replace them. Make sure that the product works. Stop removing customer and employee incentives. There are so many things that could change, but like I said in the "Cons" section...

No where to grow at Corporate

Senior Director (Former Employee) Park Ridge, NJ

Prosgreat pay/bonuses. Decent work/life balance

ConsSr. Management has too much focus is on cost cutting. Not enough challenging work.

Advice to Senior Managementtreat your employees like professional and it will pay benefits

WOW

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Orlando, FL

ProsGood group of CSR's at Orlando location
    CSR's make good money

ConsSome of the location managers are good and some aren't
    Aren't always truthful to customer

Advice to Senior ManagementGo back to the days when customer service was #1 priority.

Good place to work

Transporter (Current Employee) Savannah, GA

ProsGreat people to work with, Flexible schedule.

ConsCustomers are hard to deal with!

A learning experience that will help in other roles

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat management training that a lot of companies look for

ConsLack of teamwork, and help. Others take credit that is not thiers!

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees, they do have great ideas!

Senior Manager

Manager (Former Employee) Dallas, TX

ProsGood health benefits, Fleet car with gas

Conslong hours, 12 hrs shift is a norm, micromanagement,

Advice to Senior ManagementCentralized data system for fleet operations. Computerized modeling system for forecasting. Computerized staffing and payroll system. Consider strategic planing with "what if" analysis.

Unorganized Leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsGreat deals on car rentals

ConsPay and leadership is lacking

Worked for Hertz? Contribute to the Community!