Hewlett-Packard

3.0 8,344 reviews

Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman

Meg Whitman

(3,074 ratings)

Pros
  • Pretty flexible work schedules, reasonable work life balance for R&D environment(in 1040 reviews)

• Flexible hours & You can work from home/remote as long as the job gets done(in 620 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was horrible: meetings early in the morning or late at night(in 173 reviews)

• 2 - Senior management doesn't listen to employees' concern even though they say to do(in 311 reviews)

8,344 Employee Reviews

Good learning opportunity

Financial Analyst (Current Employee) Pontiac, MI

Proswonderful working atmosphere and good learning opportunity

ConsI'm a contractor...not sure if there's a possibility to become permanent

Hewlett-Packard Talent Acquisition - Digital Media Manager responded to this review

Jul 23, 2014

We absolutely hire contractors as HP employees - IF the role is open for permanent hires. We suggest you speak with your agency and your HP Manager, to express your interest! Thank you for sharing ... More

Great place with friendly people

Executive Assistant (Current Employee) Vancouver, WA

Prosflexible, no dress code, nice people

Consnothing so far, lack of seating

Jul 23, 2014

Thank you for sharing this! Great to read that you are happy at HP!

Deepti Sharma

ProsInnovation, work-life balance, benefits, compensation, culture

Conssize of the company at times make things slow

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep doing what you are doing. The turn around is working

Jul 23, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We value your input!
  1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Corporate giant

Program Manager (Current Employee) Fort Lauderdale, FL

Prosstrong ethics, drive to innovate, fair salaries

ConsToo large to move quickly. Lack of flexibility for employees

nice company

Prosworking as a sql dba developer

Consmegration and developement
    2005 to 2008 r2
    2012 installations

HP is a Great Place to Work

Technical Solutions Consultant II (Current Employee) Austin, TX

ProsGreat benefits are considered standard for working at this company, and depending on where you enter, there are always opportunities to advance. Salaries seem to be middle-of-the-road, but the culture is not overly corporate. Work-life balance is what you make it: You may be able to coast through a lengthy career in the same position, but if you want to progress, you have to put in the hours.

ConsAs with any large company, red tape can be frustrating.

Advice to Senior ManagementGrow your people.

Jul 23, 2014

Great feedback - thank you for sharing! We have an excellent internal career mobility site that can help you and all HP employees navigate and grow your career at HP. Be sure to check it out!

I overall had a good experience at HP.

Inside Sales Representative (Former Employee) San Diego, CA

ProsWork environment, autonomy, and salary

ConsSome political challenges have came up due to change in leadership team

Advice to Senior ManagementStay open-minded and have a structure for advancement in place

Fantastic place to learn

Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) Palo Alto, LA

ProsIf you're self-motivated, this is a great Company to learn different technologies. Training details are available all over the intranet. Plenty of talented people with willingness to guide you in need. Contrary to market perception, current HP is a lean and efficient organization.

ConsConstant re-org and more focus on developing talent in Texas, India, Singapore, Malaysia and Mexico resources will frustrate you.

Advice to Senior ManagementUnderstand that the world is global and don't be pennywise and pound foolish. Fantastic resources can be hired in bay area and your focus on cheaper regions will hurt you longer term.

Great company overall

Technical Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) Alpharetta, GA

ProsThere are several opportunities for career growth within the company. There are plenty of company paid training and certifications are available. They offer a health fair each year that allows you to take advantage of health insurance discounts. 401k is matched up to 4%

ConsThe company is currently in a turn around and jobs are still being cut. Since this is a global company, it's very easy to become overwhelmed. The pay is way below what competitors are paying.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep motivating your employees to strive for excellence.

It was/is a good experience

ProsPeople are always willing to help.

Conssalary could be better and promotion quicker

Advice to Senior Managementrespond in a timely manner

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!