Hewlett-Packard

8,872 Reviews

Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman
Meg Whitman
3,363 Ratings

Pros
  • Also decent work/life balance when compared to other companies in this industry (in 1130 reviews)

• Flexible hours & You can work from home/remote as long as the job gets done (in 650 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was horrible: meetings early in the morning or late at night (in 195 reviews)

• Mid to senior management each day you get more surprised with how incompetent they are (in 317 reviews)

More Highlights

46 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

very excellent. I liked working for hewlett packard but i had to leave when i got married and moved to another state

Current Employee - IT Program Manager  in  Conway, AR
    Current Employee - IT Program Manager in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Good salary. Good Managerial staff. Good pay. Easy to ease in into the working environment. Friendly coworkers and just a really good company to work for.

Cons

better health benefits should be giving. Stop outsourcing jobs

Great Place

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Global locations, work life balance, alot of training opportunities

Cons

Time off during holidays is usually given to families with small children.(which could be a pro)

Good environment, but lots of turnover.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative  in  Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are many departments and most people progress to next level sales positions both inside and outside the company. Work-life balance is the best of any company I have worked for. Do your 40 hours and no one bothers you outside of work. Time-off is adequate, and most of the time you can go to appointments (doctors, etc) on the clock as long as its not excessive. The also allow time on the clock for volunteer work and there are lots of activities within the company itself. Great work environment.

Cons

Its a call center mostly, be prepared to make hundreds of calls per day. There is also tons of turn over in both the sales teams and management. That's good if you don't like who you are working with right now, but there is little consistency. Job security can be an issue, they will use the HP downsize as an excuse to fire someone. They literally will cut someone loose for "downsizing" and hire two more in their place the next week.

Give incentives to stay with the team and build a lasting unit. Address the turn over rate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Terrible the company keeps finding way to cut pay or avoid promotions for inside Sales reps

Current Employee - ESSN AMS Commercial Sales-US  in  Conway, AR
    Current Employee - ESSN AMS Commercial Sales-US in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are perks to get more education.

Cons

10,000 dollar Pay cut while we were in training, Micro Managing, culture is bad, moral is low. they change the base pay to get you to do more sales but not everyone on the inside sales team is actually Sales. more and more jobs in arkansas are being send to Mexico for cheaper labor costs.

Pay inside Sales a fair wage, and learn what the different roles do, we all don't smile and dial. I actually hit over 100% of my quota and I still cannot stand what management is planning,

Great company for recent college Grads

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great Work environment
    Fast promotion track within Inside Sale organization ( job promotion within 1-2 yrs)
    Amazing trips and cash bonus opportunities ( up to 4 trips a year and an additional $10,000 in cash )
    Nice facility with really good amenities such as Gym, fitness boot-camp classes, beach volleyball, Xbox in lounges

Cons

Promotions can be more about politics than business acumen
    Ridiculous demands from upper and lower level management

I loved being part of the H P culture.

Former Employee - Front Line Agent  in  Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Front Line Agent in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Company has good benefits and is a great place to work. I believe that the company does too much outsourcing when they have very competent people already on board to service customers needs.

Cons

Not much opportunity for Customer Service technicians or electronics technicians in US.

Commit to serving your customers using the resources you have rather than looking for those resources outside of your own organization.

I love my job, it is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Bid Bd and Contracts Administrative  in  Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Bid Bd and Contracts Administrative in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are excellent. It is very close to my home. Great people to work with. I really like what I am doing.

Cons

I do not like the new dress code. I would love the flexibility to be able to work from home.

Listen to your people, they have some great ideas.

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager  in  Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pros are great benefits, good work environment with diversity and a sense of fair play. Whenever a "wrong fit" is hired above you know that they will turn over pretty quickly, company doesn't waste time with that. In midst of great turnaround and about to grow after some lay offs

Cons

I think as far as cons, you do have some senior management who do not look into history to see what worked. We can't say "industry standard" when it comes to benefits that claim to be world class. We need to be better than the standard sometimes and I know some upper levels are pushing to make sure this happens

Management is very busy putting their "Stamp" on it. Slow down that first week and get to what works well, what is world class and than go for the "needs to be fixed"

Mostly fun work environment . A lot of mixed messages from management about job function and day to day activities.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good work life balance. Fun environment, lots of social opportunities

Cons

A lot of mixed messages from management about job function and day to day activities.A lot ao admin and busy work. They rank everyone on a system that is easily manipulated.

Get on the same page when it comes to what you want. Make the performance metrics more fairly measurable and relevant.

Great experience, slightly disorganized company.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative  in  Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for less than a year

Pros

The people I worked with were fantastic. Managers cared about employee feedback and success. Great benefits and incentives from day one. Lots of industry knowledge and certifications available.

Cons

Unusual salary/commission payment schedule. Lack of productivity automation. Partners and sales reps could never get on the same page, causing customers to be bombarded with calls.

For a technology company, they have a huge lack in internal software and productivity development. Instead of writing software to track our performance, we had to keep up with it ourselves and enter daily into an Excel file. Spent too much time trying to meet organizational criteria and not enough making sales calls. Need to get partners and sales reps under unified CRM tool to reduce organizational chaos.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!