Hewlett-Packard Reviews

Reset
4.0
Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman
Meg Whitman

Pros
  • work/life balance - they are flexible in working from home & working around your appointments/arrangements (in 1209 reviews)

• allow work from home from time to time (in 684 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/Life Balance is not so great (in 211 reviews)

• New senior management is once again being hired from outside rather than being developed from within (in 319 reviews)

1. Hewlett Packard Employment Review

Current Employee - Health Care Specialist in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Health Care Specialist in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard (Less than a year)

Pros

The best employment opportunity in Conway, Arkansas. Great working environment, Great benefits. Great Supervisors.

Cons

Depends on the person and their situation, I love it.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work HP!

I manage product sales through marketing, sales, sales campaigns, and training.

Current Employee - Alliance Enablement Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Alliance Enablement Manager in Conway, AR

Pros

Great learning and training options, fast pace fun work environment with great career growth opportunities proven company with a known name brand

Cons

Management changes and constant fear of lay offs or job loss, lots of hoops to jump through for sales for unusual contracts

Advice to Management

More communication

3. Review

Current Intern - Finance Analyst in Conway, AR
    Current Intern - Finance Analyst in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

positive work environment location site interaction

Cons

growth opportunities few positions in field

Loved it until they outsourced 10k jobs to India (including mine)

Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Loyalty Specialist in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Pay & Benefits Company Structure Ability to move up Work life balance Allowed to think outside the box to resolve issues Great work environment *The people who ran the site I worked at were EXCELLENT, and we would still have our jobs if it was up to to them, but corporate is awful!*

Cons

Always the last to find out about changes Unreasonable expectations

Advice to Management

Quality BEFORE quantity. Every single day I had to fix issues made by overseas employees. They don't know what they are doing nor do they care. Customers do not like speaking to people they can't understand and customer service is everything nowdays. I'd be surprised if HP lasts another 10 years.

6. Good company, definitely growing.

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the pros are willingness to help with personal growth, promotions, time-off policies, benefits, culture within the career development area as well as support from peers. That is always a nice thing to have in an office - collaboration is key!

Cons

I would have to say there have been limited perks for trips, etc. given that some of my peers get to travel and take incentive trips.

Advice to Management

If we can sweeten up compensation packages and develop a management track, that would be ideal. Otherwise, I am happy working at HP.

Good environment, but lots of turnover.

Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Sales Development Representative in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are many departments and most people progress to next level sales positions both inside and outside the company. Work-life balance is the best of any company I have worked for. Do your 40 hours and no one bothers you outside of work. Time-off is adequate, and most of the time you can go to appointments (doctors, etc) on the clock as long as its not excessive. The also allow time on the clock for volunteer work and there are lots of activities within the company itself. Great work environment.

Cons

Its a call center mostly, be prepared to make hundreds of calls per day. There is also tons of turn over in both the sales teams and management. That's good if you don't like who you are working with right now, but there is little consistency. Job security can be an issue, they will use the HP downsize as an excuse to fire someone. They literally will cut someone loose for "downsizing" and hire two more in their place the next week.

Advice to Management

Give incentives to stay with the team and build a lasting unit. Address the turn over rate.

I loved being part of the H P culture.

Former Employee - Front Line Agent in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Front Line Agent in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company has good benefits and is a great place to work. I believe that the company does too much outsourcing when they have very competent people already on board to service customers needs.

Cons

Not much opportunity for Customer Service technicians or electronics technicians in US.

Advice to Management

Commit to serving your customers using the resources you have rather than looking for those resources outside of your own organization.

9. I love my job, it is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Bid Bd and Contracts Administrative in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Bid Bd and Contracts Administrative in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The benefits are excellent. It is very close to my home. Great people to work with. I really like what I am doing.

Cons

I do not like the new dress code. I would love the flexibility to be able to work from home.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people, they have some great ideas.

Excellent company to work for

Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Conway, AR
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Manager in Conway, AR

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros are great benefits, good work environment with diversity and a sense of fair play. Whenever a "wrong fit" is hired above you know that they will turn over pretty quickly, company doesn't waste time with that. In midst of great turnaround and about to grow after some lay offs

Cons

I think as far as cons, you do have some senior management who do not look into history to see what worked. We can't say "industry standard" when it comes to benefits that claim to be world class. We need to be better than the standard sometimes and I know some upper levels are pushing to make sure this happens

Advice to Management

Management is very busy putting their "Stamp" on it. Slow down that first week and get to what works well, what is world class and than go for the "needs to be fixed"

Great experience, slightly disorganized company.

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Conway, AR
    Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Conway, AR

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people I worked with were fantastic. Managers cared about employee feedback and success. Great benefits and incentives from day one. Lots of industry knowledge and certifications available.

Cons

Unusual salary/commission payment schedule. Lack of productivity automation. Partners and sales reps could never get on the same page, causing customers to be bombarded with calls.

Advice to Management

For a technology company, they have a huge lack in internal software and productivity development. Instead of writing software to track our performance, we had to keep up with it ourselves and enter daily into an Excel file. Spent too much time trying to meet organizational criteria and not enough making sales calls. Need to get partners and sales reps under unified CRM tool to reduce organizational chaos.

Showing 20 of 11,862 reviews