Hewlett-Packard

10,194 Reviews

Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman
Meg Whitman
3,240 Ratings

Pros
  • Also decent work/life balance when compared to other companies in this industry (in 1045 reviews)

• Flexible hours & You can work from home/remote as long as the job gets done (in 626 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was horrible: meetings early in the morning or late at night (in 176 reviews)

• Mid to senior management each day you get more surprised with how incompetent they are (in 313 reviews)

More Highlights

9 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Area Sales Representative

Current Employee - Sales Representative  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, fun environment, challenging situations.

Cons

Minimal performance incentives, lack of commission for good sales volume.

My boss is awesome.

Terrible

Former Employee - Office Clerk  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Office Clerk in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than a year

Pros

It was decent pay and decent benefits while i was there

Cons

Ghetto environment, rude crazy people, i was harassed to quit bc i walked w a cane, i shouldve sued, Its a low class ghetto environment

Only hire ghetto people, most people won't like the drama that goes on there

Not bad and not good

Current Employee - Business Analyst III  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

3 weeks of vacation for the first 5 years. 11 paid holidays

Cons

Pay is slightly lower than other companies in the area for the same job. Lack of career development opportunities.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A good learning experience for anyone starting in I.T.

Current Employee - On-site Computer Technician  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - On-site Computer Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Flexibility, you work and set your own hours based on the jobs that you take as an on site technician

Cons

The amount of work can vary based on how many competing technicians are in the area.

HP is a leading company with many resources. This account however does utilize these resources.

Current Employee - Change Management Coordinator  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Change Management Coordinator in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Opportunities to advance and move from account to account. Large company with many resources, able to whether economic declines.

Cons

Environment differs based on account. This one is very advesarial.

Worst Management Ever

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

If you can avoid the multiple pay cuts each year then the pay is decent.

Cons

Zero communication between management and employees.
    Zero recognition or praise for accomplishments.
    Management routinely reacts to client demands using emotions and grudges rather than common sense or reason.
    Employees not given any say in hiring of their peers.
    The most convoluted server configuration I've ever seen anywhere. Most places have 3 environments (test, uat, production). This place has at least 11 and it predictably causes lots of problems.
    If you work in any other HP account they require you to take 2 weeks vacation around Christmas every year, which is all the vacation time you get. Want to go to the beach during the summer? Better not work at HP!

Fire every single manager working that account. They are the definition of incompetent. They already lost the account for HP once, it was sheer luck that saved it.

It was a joke, glad I left, wish I had left sooner

Former Employee - Clerk II  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Clerk II in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Fair pay and benefits, equipment was in fair to good condition, some employees were friendly, knowledgable of their jobs and did good work

Cons

I noticed during my 3 years that many people do not work and spend half the day socializing or something other besides working, management seemed lost at times, many didn't communicate well and showed excessive favoritism

Learn to communicate with employees in a professional and friendly way, dont' punish employees who are doing good work, hire people who are qualified and willing to do their jobs the right way

HP Enterprise Services - TennCare Contract (This review is ONLY reflective of the TennCare contract)

Former Employee - Senior Project Manager  in  Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Senior Project Manager in Nashville, TN

I worked at Hewlett-Packard

Pros

Being an employee of a large corporation such as HP was a positive as there were perks to be had if you are willing to search them out. The benefits were adequate and affordable. The management was supportive in allowing the project managers to work from home when the need was there. The management was also very good about not asking the project managers to work while on vacation.

Cons

The PMO Director is the most unprofessional person that I have ever worked for. She would consistently make extremely negative comments to me about my peers. She also made such comments about me to my peers. On separate occasions, she stated to me that certain PMs within the PMO were “the worst PM within the PMO.” PMO standards would change on an almost weekly basis without any communication to the PMO. The confusion that this caused would only be addressed by the PMO Director with comments such as “you should have known that changes were coming.”
    It was a common occurrence for the PMO Director or PMO Manger to publically verbally abuse and threaten the jobs of the project managers. The environment is completely toxic. During the second half of the summer of 2010 (roughly 8 weeks) nine of the 13 PMO Project Mangers voluntarily left the company.
    The PMO Director would consistently hire very bright and successful people and put them in positions in which they had no experience and fail to offer any executive support. The PMO Manager has never been a project manager, or worked within a PMO.

Take a closer look at the executive leadership and operation of the PMO leadership. In the process of "saving face" many highly qualified and successful project managers are leaving (in droves) and the client has noticed.

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!