Hewlett-Packard

Hewlett-Packard Reviews in Stockholm, Stockholm

Updated Jun 18, 2014

Hewlett-Packard CEO Meg Whitman

Meg Whitman

Pros
  • Also decent work/life balance when compared to other companies in this industry (in 1045 reviews)

• Flexible hours & You can work from home/remote as long as the job gets done (in 626 reviews)

Cons
  • Work/life balance was horrible: meetings early in the morning or late at night (in 176 reviews)

• Mid to senior management each day you get more surprised with how incompetent they are (in 313 reviews)

More Highlights
8 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Great for working parents

Project Manager (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsThe best part of my job is that I can work from home without anyone lifting an eyebrow, as long as I don't have customer meeetings scheduled for that day. Excellent for work-life balance!

ConsNo big opportunities to switch roles if you want a career change - since experience is deeply valued, you are expected to have already done work related to the position you are applying for.

Service desk agent

Service Desk Agent (Former Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsWorking as a service desk agent at HP was a great experience. The management was happy as long as we did our job well. They were fairly flexible with working hours.

ConsAs long as you know how to talk and have some technical knowledge, it's pretty easy.

Great company, bad management

Solution Consultant (Former Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsGreat assets and a history to be proud of. Had a very strong knowledge management culture from the HP and Digital legacy. Huge opportunity to advance and learn a lot in one of the worlds largest IT companies.

ConsFocused to much in acquisitions rather than innovation, leading to mismanaged and expensive product lines over time as the minds behind the innovations dropped of. Huge organisation leading to large overhead that killed the margins and competitive advantage in the services business.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet back to the roots. HP is a product company, not a services company. Get behind the policy of being first or second in every product and market segment you compete in.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A huge machine with high internal friction

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsGood experience to have on your CV. Opportunities to work from home. Good to have the experience of working in a global organization and seen the pros and cons of outsourcing and right-shoring.

ConsPoor and slow internal tools and processes. Most often extremely long decision paths. No mandatory pay reviews related to promotions or increased responsibility.

Advice to Senior ManagementToo strict cost control most probably often cost more money than it saves. Give managers in low- and intermediate level more financial responsibility!

Marketing Manager

Marketing Manager (Former Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsA really good company to work for if you want to get a huge network and work internationally.

ConsA very american company that does not care about humans - the Garage way does not exist any more. Sad!!

good

Program Manager (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

ProsGreat knowledge base for project work

Conslow compensation for important work

A big slow ship, that don't know where to go...

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Prosproffessional teams, knowledge level ok, global project teams

Consover-zealous cost control, very slow approval flow, no privileges,

Big and slow

In Sales (Current Employee) Stockholm, Stockholm (Sweden)

Pros-Brand name
    -Good to have on your CV
    -Work from home
    -Culture
    -Local management
    -lots of opp. for your career

Cons-Senior Management communication to the market'
    -Salary and benifits
    -internal IT and tools
    -Internal processes
    - lack of strategy
    -Bring back INVENT to our logo and stop all the costcutting

Advice to Senior ManagementFire Leo and some of the bord members that hired him

Worked for Hewlett-Packard? Contribute to the Community!