Hexaware Technologies

Updated September 30, 2014
Updated September 30, 2014
3.1

Mr. R Srikrishna

Pros
  • lot of short term onsite opportunities (in 17 reviews)

• Good work culture and management (in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • Will have very less work-life balance, Prolonged shift timings will make you feel so workaholic (in 14 reviews)

• In some projects no work life balance (in 7 reviews)

More Highlights

43 Employee Reviews Back to all reviews

Nice mid-size company with great ambitions to grow

Current Employee - Business Manager  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for less than a year

Pros

Hexaware is an unsung IT services company with great people. There is a lot of flexibility that the company gives to employees to work, learn and grow. Hexaware is very strong in certain areas of IT services business, HCM, Campus Management etc. The new management has great drive to dream and make a great Hexaware.

Cons

Haven't seen cons as yet, however they have to focus on the niches where they are strong rather than trying to emulate a TCS.

Keep the employee and customer focus, have a clear cut growth strategy and I am sure we are bound to grow.

Its good company

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

New technologies learning.
    Some project work life balance

Cons

In some projects no work life balance.
    Late appraisals

Management should disscss deadline with developers.
    Make timely appraisals

Hexaware Review

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

flexible working hours, training,supporting teams,good for freshers

Cons

Dirty politics,no onsite,no salary hike and onsite opportunity only for those guys who are MINION. For ex: one person who is neither technical nor managerial but he has only a quality of buttering.He spends 5 years out of 7 years on onsite and still counting.
    Two years earlier they has a appraisal cycle of april to april but since 2012 they changed without informing to employee and now its become Aug to Aug. This year they have given appraisal in sept.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A big NO for freshers

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good Infrastructure.
    They Celebrate every Festivals.
    GOOD work env. AVG Salary. AVG Projects

Cons

Lot of ignorant people in the organization.
    Its takes a whole lot of time to get your promotions unless you are lucky.

No Advice. As it is not gonna matter.

Decent Company with bad HR Policies

Current Employee - Bid Management  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Bid Management in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

1. Good exposure to senior management
    2. Excellent opportunities to go onsite
    3. Good learning curve

Cons

1. Employee unfriendly HR Policies
    2. No work-life balance
    3. No flexibility in work timings

Kindly change the existing HR policies to make them more employee-friendly rather than employer-friendly and you will have a lot of happy employees on hand.

good

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Mumbai (India)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies part-time for more than a year

Pros

Hexaware is good company to join as a fresher but not that good for laterals , depends on role what are you getting at all

Cons

mnagement is not good but learning environment is very good and you will not get time to sit on pool , hard workers and good attitude people

NA

Business intelligence services at Hexaware(Mumbai)

I have been working at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are a experienced professional and want to live a very peaceful and challenge less job life then join Hexaware [ Thats what i feel by looking around in BI department :) ].
    They provide good learning programs to the employees with the help of their internal Tutors and Skillpages(Educational service provider company).

Cons

Hexaware is my corporate industry debut. I was hoping for at least a good technical work, but it is not as expected although it is true that never expect anything from anyone.

There are very few good projects(in BI) which Hexaware works on from Mumbai premises.

HR policy is very bad for trainees and freshers few reasons are.......

1) 3 months training period is not counted in experience.
    2) They have not watched the working of their training partner (GTT) and i must tell you that it was a waste of time w.r.t. BI trainings.
    2) 3 years bond with bank guarantee (which is against the labor rule of India or other developed nations)
    3) No bonuses and missed time appraisals.

They should organize good employee engagement activities for freshers also.

Please utilize a human mind for 9.15 hrs of mandatory working rather then wasting it on Internet surfing and Chatting. build someone in projects and not giving proper work then it becomes a jail kind of to sit on the chair for long working hours. I have a desire to give my 100 percent to my job but it is missing in current work culture. Develop your workforce by giving them a quality work.

It is very hard for freshers to manage in the salary that is paid. Please make it at least at the level of other MNC's.

Good Company for those who desire to Work and Learn

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good Technical Knowledge, Nobody will stop you from trying out something new
    Flexible work hours

Cons

politics, favoritism for opportunities...
    less compensations
    poor employee retention policies
    Workoholic office culture in most of the accounts

satisfactory

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Hexaware Technologies full-time

Pros

Good learning curve for freshers

Cons

Salary is a big big time problem
    Bond literally kills.
    Late appraisal cycle

Company policies are just not good kindly revisit.

Though a mid level Service company but they still can learn from their big brothers like cognizant and cap gemini.

Good company to work with but...

Former Employee - Technical Architect  in  Mumbai (India)
    Former Employee - Technical Architect in Mumbai (India)

I worked at Hexaware Technologies full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pros: Location, Infrastructure, Profile, Projects, People
    Let me explain each of the points.

Location: This is relative to where you stay. I travel to mahape from CST, which is 39 kms. But, mahape is well connected compare to andheri, mindspace malad, and some weird places in Thane.
    I mean, I use to travel from CST to Thane, and Thane to Ghansoli. At Ghansoli, there use to be Auto rickshaw queue which would have share a auto service and drop me to MBP gate for Rs. 10. (There would be another 500 meters walk to company gate from there, but never mind) That's convenient than searching Auto ric at anderi for SEEPZ. If you ever travel to SEEPZ in peak hours, you would know, what I meant.

Infrastructure: Compare to other mid-tier company, infrastructure seems to be good at Mumbai facility (Chennai, Pune, no idea). They have 3 building in Mhape, good amount of parking, greenery, conference rooms decently equip with WORKING projector, polycom, two large space canteen at terrace of building, food seems to be decent, esp in Building 152.

Company Profile: It mid-size company, it has clients in financial service (asset management, index management, insurance) , travel, health care. It has few accounts (100+ people for one client) like iSOS, E&Y, Jet Airways to name few. Technology range in JAVA, .NET, BI, EagleData, legacy (MainFrame, VB 6, PB, Delphi, Coldfusion, etc). Technology front, its overall better mix of everything, and not as spread out as TCS or Infy. Mainly, like any other 5000+ company, major revenue comes from maintenance, and this company doesn't put exception. It doesn't have guts for venturing in new areas, high risk fixed bid projects.Whatever is current business model they have, it's working for them. If you join the company, it most like, you would be in maintenance project, very few greenfield projects.

Projects: This is mid size company, there are certain high pressure projects and many relax maintenance project. Inquire from the acquaints(friends, distance relative, etc.) who are working in the company to know, if account which you are joining is high pressure or relax. High pressure account have fix deadlines, and hence need to work 10+ hours a day plus Saturday and Sunday for a month stretch.

HR Policy and perks: At my time, this company has less variable pay (mostly, below 5-10% for developers base on level) and is paid out very QUARTERLY. Better than other companies which roll out yearly. Plus, variable pay is base on company and market, so chances are you get full (unless, recession is going on). Inquire your with HR, as HR policies always changes with time. There is allowance for second swift, and plus you can claim reimbursement for cabs, food if you do late sitting. Reimbursement depends on your manager, he is the one you have to approve it, but, there is provision in HR policy.

People: It's my opinion, as most interaction where base on the group which I was working with, and not with each and every one in company, remember, its 5000+ people company) I found people to be generally good, curtsied, help you in most situations (not every!!!), and fair amount of intellectual being.

Cons

Now, it part for cons.
    Look, no company is perfect. It's you are able to adjust and compromise with the cons of the company, you would find the perfect match in terms of career.

Infrastructure, HR policy, personal growth, Onsite opportunity

Infrastructure: Here, the bad part of Infrastructure. Number of conference rooms is not adequate, need to use manager cabins for flash meetings, booking for conf. room was manual from reception, no booking management system, interiors of building 152 was better compare to building 3. Esp. chairs in building 3 are old and shaky.
    Networking guys (STG) have all weirdo policy with half of the internet blocked. For admin rights, there is long procedure, for laptop acquisition, 2 months wait, to get one server machine, long fight, you get me, right?

HR Policy: At my time, there was just 5 public holiday compare to standard 10, plus 24 leaves. 3 months notice period and if you relieve early (again, relieving early depends on your manager), you need to pay for the rest of period as basic of your salary. (again, notice payout depends on your manager, you can relieve early for free too!). HR never interacts except for joining and appraisal. Mine, first appraisal happen after 1 and half year instead of as promise one year on joining.
    Also, don't be fool with the designation, there they have weirdo designation irrespective to role you play. E.g. Project Manager would have Sr.Technical Architect designation, but have no gyaan w.r.t. technology.

Personal growth: Personal growth depends upon your performance and company performance. Here, if you are performing, but company isn't, you won't grow much high. It's a mid-size company, and much of the things is settle over here, so, things may not change as you wish after joining. Live with it. It means, standard rules apply like promotion every (2-3 year), somewhere around 7-10% increment ...

Onsite opportunity: If you are searching for onsite, better, ask the PM in interview, as every project doesn't have onsite opportunity and certain people stick in onsite like glue and your chance are dime. Only few project have shuffle policy, where everyone gets the chance.

But with all the Cons, let me summarize this. Here in this company, there are good amount of people in Hexaware, which have stayed within the company for 5+ year plus, and there are other like me, which stayed just 2 year. (I switch for my personal reason, not because of company)

Senior management, keep your stake high, as Barring Asia people would be complying you for the superlative growth in current market and economy.
    As for the employee welfare, continue to do whatever you are going currently, as senior management aren't going to heed GlassDoor review advises.

Hexaware Technologies Photos

Celebration after Tournament !!
hexaware technology office @ Chennai

+ Add Photo

Worked for Hexaware Technologies? Contribute to the Community!