Hexcel

Updated December 5, 2014
Updated December 5, 2014
2.9

Nick L. Stanage

Nice people and pay well

Former Employee - IT Support in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - IT Support in Kent, WA

I worked at Hexcel as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Great people to work with
    Pay is competitive
    Stable work schedule

Cons

Not enough work for everybody at time
    Company feels slow

Need to integrate different departments more

For Anything...

I have been working at Hexcel

Pros

Very good rate of salary no beyond compare to other companies that I worked with. Good benefits. Good people to work with.

Cons

Leadership : Wish they could be more fair. know how to appreciate employee more for doing a good job.rather than making a mistakes. Listen to all employees rather than to a selective people only. Give good encouragement rather than saying you can always bid out. Be more approachable to all employee. Be a positive leader even we are in the bottom pit of a problem.

CHANGE : Employee have the right to know before hand if there is change going to be made. Change is good but not to everybody. Some already happy where they are. I believe.. Happy employee..works productively..results good products. When employee is happy...he/she SAFE all times. When employee is overwork, stress and not happy is prune to hurt themselves..safety isuue.

Good people and regular hours

Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Dublin, CA
    Current Employee - Applications Engineer in Dublin, CA

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Stable work schedule and working with people that want to do a good job. If you are an engineer, they have excellent resources in the lab and have opportunities for further education.

Cons

Progress on engineering research can be slow and it takes a lot of effort to push through new concepts or ideas from proof of concept, unless you are on the front end of priority.

Don't limit your vision to the core business of prepreg.

So-so

Current Employee - Operations in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Operations in Kent, WA

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Work hours were steady. Easy access to customers. Work on many different projects.

Cons

The organization structure was unclear and lacking direction. Benefits and compensation was less than competitive. Overall, a lack of synergy between departments.

Improve communication. Reinforce collaborative working. Understand that some groups work in opposition to each other because of performance measures. Increase flexibility.

Glad to be here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kent, WA

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits, pay, all the basics seem very competitive. What I feel makes Hexcel, Kent an especially fulfilling employer is the atmosphere - sense of camaraderie among peers, open door policies, and strong, effective teamwork. Beyond just the Kent location, you know you are part of a successful, global company in a growing industry.

Cons

Training can be a bit lacking to start. More learning and figuring out as you go. Staffing is a bit on the lean side, as well. Never lacking slightly more than you have time for.

Keep listening to employees' needs at all levels and try not to overburden.

Great team, challenging projects, great place to work

Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Kent, WA

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I really like the team atmosphere promoted at Hexcel. I work at the Kent facility, and not only is this atmosphere present within this facility but between the plants as well. I feel that Hexcel gives me the opportunity to succeed at the highest level possible. One of my favorite parts about Hexcel is it's size. It's large enough to be a well know Aerospace corporation, but small enough where I have a great interaction with my co-workers and upper management.

Cons

At times there can be a lot of pressure to finish items "yesterday." Sometimes there is a sense from operations that shipping on time is more important than shipping something that is well built.

Plant Manager

Former Employee - Plant Manager in Pottsville, PA
    Former Employee - Plant Manager in Pottsville, PA

I worked at Hexcel full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Cool Aerospace industry and customers are very professional. Lot's of travel to get you out of the plant.

Cons

Stay away. Pottsville plant is in disarray. Manager's stay too long, leave or get fired because upper management can't run the facility.

Look in the mirror and ask yourself what you are doing wrong in Pottsville.

Feeble minds and spines united

Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kent, WA
    Current Employee - Design Engineer in Kent, WA

I have been working at Hexcel as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The company is rapidly growing. Plenty of work to do to keep busy. The benefits seem to be ok. Like coworkers. One or two managers are sharp and open to new ideas.

Cons

I see a lot of finger-pointing and blame with the managers. With all the finger pointing, there is little innovation. This is a soulless lot, full of pretention, and little spines. . value are scapegoating, deflection, and cronyism. A group think culture among managers. Anyone who challenges the status quo is met with open hostility.

Diversity and inclusion are too far beyond Hexcel. Take some classes so you may, one day, begin treating people like people. Embrace challenges. Respect differences.

Nightmare culture with no strategic vision

Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Maintenance Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Hexcel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The Salt Lake area is beautiful.

Cons

The working environment was oppressive and backward. Placing blame was the overriding goal for root cause investigation and the person to be blamed was usually decided before the investigation began. The bonus was a joke and the salary was never enough to cover the abuse, calls at all hours of the night and unpaid overtime (50 - 60 hours per week). The plant was routinely so filthy that the equipment was damaged due to the conductive nature of the product. The safety record for the plant was very poor and many of the safety initiatives failed to achieve their goal of reducing injuries.

Start listening to the talented people that you hire before you cause them to leave.

Happy to work here

I have been working at Hexcel full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The company is expanding and there are great growth opportunities for employees. I cannot speak for all departments, but I work on a very cohesive team that works together to achieve success. What I especially love is that we are encouraged to grow professionally by obtaining certifications, pursuing higher education, and taking time for job enrichment.

Cons

I do not have any arguments or complaints at this time.

N/A

Hexcel Photos

Come and join the Strength Within.
Penn State Alumni share the strength within! Check out why "Penn State Lives" at Hexcel Pottsville, PA
Hexcel Corporation at JEC Composites Europe.

+ Add Photo