Hi-Line
www.hi-line.com Dallas, TX 150 to 499 Employees

Hi-Line Reviews

Updated Jul 7, 2014

Mike Sheaffer

FANTASTIC DEBT FREE COMPANY!!!!!

Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsI have worked for some pretty incredible companies through out my career, but I have to say that the Support, Training and Management that I've receievd with HI-LINE has been the best experience!! I work virtually and never feel left to figure things out on my own, I always feel appreciated and LOVE my position within the company. It's hard to find a company that not only appreciates your hard work, but has a system in place to reward you with uncapped commissions and a very lucrative bonus plan. HI-LINE is DEBT FREE and offers top of the line benefits after 30 days of employement. They have exceeded my expectations and I am looking forward to a long career and retiring with them 20+ years from now. My advice would be if you have the opportunity to work with HI-LINE you should jump at the chance.

ConsI have not experienced any Con's with HI-LINE and am really enjoying my employment with them.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep up the good work! I appreciate all the support and encouragement I have been given in my position.

Outstanding Company. Fantastic People.

Sales (Current Employee)
    DFW, TX

ProsHi-Line is committed to servicing many different industries while maintaining very high values. The Integrity level of this company is excellent. High Quality People, High Quality Products. I have been employed at Hi-Line for over 15 years and I am part of a company that has a real 'family' feel to the atmosphere and culture. The tenure of employees is something that impresses me. The Corporate office has many employees that have worked here 20, 30 and even 40+ years. That right there tells me what a great place to work at if the employees love what they do and stay around for that long. I enjoy coming to work everyday and I can truly say that I love my job at Hi-Line too! I am so glad to be part of a Christian-based organization that always puts the customer first with impeccable service. Hi-Line is an Outstanding Company with Fantastic People.

ConsI have never had a negative experience while working at Hi-Line in my 15+ years. This company has never 'over-promised and under-delivered' anything to me or anyone else that I have ever seen or heard about.

Advice to Senior ManagementAgain, Hi-Line has such an awesome culture that all of us feel like we are important to the continued growth of this company. Management is fair and committed to doing the right thing every time. Like we say here at Hi-Line, "everyone is helping row the boat"!

Deceptive recruiting

Territory Manager (Former Employee)
    Charlotte, NC

ProsNONE at all anytime soon

ConsThey obtain all your personal financial , ssn, etc to see if your credit is good enough to buy their truck including financing the inventory.. They told me the former salesman on this route retired after 22 yrs but can't get in touch with him? Hmmm

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't mislead to hire.

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Company functions in spite of CEO

Marketing (Former Employee)
    Farmers Branch, TX

ProsMost of the worker-bee level employees are nice and committed to doing a good job. They keep the company afloat despite of the poor management.

ConsLow pay and a siege mentality among employees as a member of upper management is a screamer.

Advice to Senior ManagementAnger management therapy for upper management was be a good beginning.

I was so impressed at first until i became familiar with their inner workings

Territory Manager (Former Employee)

ProsThey have a decent training course

ConsThe Most dishonest company I have ever worked with. I came on with Hi-Line into a new territory and built it very quickly. I was awarded several awards including trophies, plaques, and two gold watches. During this time I discovered several things about this company that did not align with my moral code. When I discovered that the integrity of this company was something that I did no longer care to align myself with, I told them that I would cover the customers for up to one year, knowing that it sometimes takes that long to find a new Territory Manager. I gave them a year notice, and it took them 8 months to fill the position. I noticed that after I gave notice that the effort that they put into collecting invoices decreased significantly. I did not understand the significance of this until I tried to get my last paycheck after they finally found my replacement. Hi-Line considers all money owed forfeit once a replacement is found. $8,700 is what was owed for my last paycheck. It looks as if I will have to get an attorney to try to get some of that money back, which means a large portion of that will be spent on attorney fees.

Be very careful of this company. They are crooked as a snake.

People in the company are scared to death to upset Mike, the owner.

Advice to Senior ManagementMike, the way you screw your TM's, your only source of income, will come bak to bite you in a big way. There is no other possible alternative for this course of action.

It was an awesome work experience with a great work environment!

Product Photographer for Catalog (Former Employee)
    Dallas, TX

ProsThe employees including upper management were always extremely helpful in helping me obtain my deadlines and meet my goals.

ConsThe job was in Dallas and I lived in Nashville. Too much time away from home.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management is to keep on doing the great job that you do!

Hi-Line has changed my life.

Hi-Line Corporate Recruiter (Current Employee)
    Nashville, TN

ProsI am one of Hi-Line’s Corporate Recruiters, so I witness the start of a new career with each of our Territory Managers. I watch from the beginning of the training process, unfolding with the support and dedication of the entire company, how they become successful and independent while maintaining the highest degree of energy, enthusiasm, and integrity.
    Hi-Line’s core values of integrity, quality products and quality service are performed and valued on a daily basis. This company has my total dedication and respect. Thank you Hi-Line for making me a part of your family.

ConsHow many years have you waited to become someone you have always wanted to be? Join our Hi-Line family and make it happen!

Advice to Senior ManagementThank you for always having everyone's best interest at heart and caring so much about our success and future.

Hi-Line has changed my life for the better.

ProsOpportunity to make a great income as a territory manager, advancement from within, ongoing training opportunities, management loves to help territory managers succeed.

ConsTerritory managers often experience a lot of windshield time. The cost of operating a Hi-Line store is significant but worthwhile for a person driven to succeed. New territory managers will generally spend one to two years developing their territories before they begin generating a great income.

Advice to Senior ManagementIdentify the strengths of each territory manager and sales manager. Let those who are good at opening new business focus on that task, and let those who are good at maintaining customers focus on that activity. These complementary roles will enable the company to gain more market share and grow more quickly.

Great company and great people to work with.

Dallas, TX

ProsOutstanding, realistic opportunity to grow professionally and to earn as much as I can.

ConsVery competitive market - strong drive needed to succeed

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep growing

Worked for Hi-Line? Contribute to the Community!

Hi-Line Videos

Hi-Line – Why Work for Us?

Want to be your own boss? Watch our overview video and find out if you have what it takes to be a Hi-Line Territory Manager.​​​​ Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Hi-Line reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Hi-Line CEO Mike Sheaffer. All 9 reviews posted anonymously by Hi-Line employees.