www.hi-line.com

Updated July 7, 2014
Updated July 7, 2014
3.8

Mike Sheaffer

Outstanding Company. Fantastic People.

Current Employee - Sales in DFW, TX
    Current Employee - Sales in DFW, TX

I have been working at Hi-Line full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Hi-Line is committed to servicing many different industries while maintaining very high values. The Integrity level of this company is excellent. High Quality People, High Quality Products. I have been employed at Hi-Line for over 15 years and I am part of a company that has a real 'family' feel to the atmosphere and culture. The tenure of employees is something that impresses me. The Corporate office has many employees that have worked here 20, 30 and even 40+ years. That right there tells me what a great place to work at if the employees love what they do and stay around for that long. I enjoy coming to work everyday and I can truly say that I love my job at Hi-Line too! I am so glad to be part of a Christian-based organization that always puts the customer first with impeccable service. Hi-Line is an Outstanding Company with Fantastic People.

Cons

I have never had a negative experience while working at Hi-Line in my 15+ years. This company has never 'over-promised and under-delivered' anything to me or anyone else that I have ever seen or heard about.

Again, Hi-Line has such an awesome culture that all of us feel like we are important to the continued growth of this company. Management is fair and committed to doing the right thing every time. Like we say here at Hi-Line, "everyone is helping row the boat"!

Jul 11, 2014

Hi-Line loves that longevity is so prevalent with its employee's tenure. Thank You for helping row the boat. We hope you have a happy and successful career with Hi-Line.

FANTASTIC DEBT FREE COMPANY!!!!!

Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Corporate Recruiter in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Hi-Line full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I have worked for some pretty incredible companies through out my career, but I have to say that the Support, Training and Management that I've receievd with HI-LINE has been the best experience!! I work virtually and never feel left to figure things out on my own, I always feel appreciated and LOVE my position within the company. It's hard to find a company that not only appreciates your hard work, but has a system in place to reward you with uncapped commissions and a very lucrative bonus plan. HI-LINE is DEBT FREE and offers top of the line benefits after 30 days of employement. They have exceeded my expectations and I am looking forward to a long career and retiring with them 20+ years from now. My advice would be if you have the opportunity to work with HI-LINE you should jump at the chance.

Cons

I have not experienced any Con's with HI-LINE and am really enjoying my employment with them.

Keep up the good work! I appreciate all the support and encouragement I have been given in my position.

Jul 11, 2014

Hi-Line thanks you for your kind words and we look forward to throwing your retirement party, whenever that may be.

Company functions in spite of CEO

Former Employee - Marketing in Farmers Branch, TX
    Former Employee - Marketing in Farmers Branch, TX

I worked at Hi-Line full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Most of the worker-bee level employees are nice and committed to doing a good job. They keep the company afloat despite of the poor management.

Cons

Low pay and a siege mentality among employees as a member of upper management is a screamer.

Anger management therapy for upper management was be a good beginning.

Jul 11, 2014

Thank you for your feedback. Hi-Line takes all comments seriously as we are very committed to providing a company culture that is healthy for everyone.

Deceptive recruiting

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Hi-Line full-time (less than an year)

Pros

NONE at all anytime soon

Cons

They obtain all your personal financial , ssn, etc to see if your credit is good enough to buy their truck including financing the inventory.. They told me the former salesman on this route retired after 22 yrs but can't get in touch with him? Hmmm

Don't mislead to hire.

Jul 11, 2014

We are saddened to hear this inaccurate information was given to anyone. Hi-Line's Territory Manager's do own and operate their own Mobile Stores so financing procedures are common. However ... More

I was so impressed at first until i became familiar with their inner workings

Former Employee - Territory Manager
    Former Employee - Territory Manager

I worked at Hi-Line full-time

Pros

They have a decent training course

Cons

The Most dishonest company I have ever worked with. I came on with Hi-Line into a new territory and built it very quickly. I was awarded several awards including trophies, plaques, and two gold watches. During this time I discovered several things about this company that did not align with my moral code. When I discovered that the integrity of this company was something that I did no longer care to align myself with, I told them that I would cover the customers for up to one year, knowing that it sometimes takes that long to find a new Territory Manager. I gave them a year notice, and it took them 8 months to fill the position. I noticed that after I gave notice that the effort that they put into collecting invoices decreased significantly. I did not understand the significance of this until I tried to get my last paycheck after they finally found my replacement. Hi-Line considers all money owed forfeit once a replacement is found. $8,700 is what was owed for my last paycheck. It looks as if I will have to get an attorney to try to get some of that money back, which means a large portion of that will be spent on attorney fees.

Be very careful of this company. They are crooked as a snake.

People in the company are scared to death to upset Mike, the owner.

Mike, the way you screw your TM's, your only source of income, will come bak to bite you in a big way. There is no other possible alternative for this course of action.

Hi-Line has changed my life.

Current Employee - Hi-Line Corporate Recruiter in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Hi-Line Corporate Recruiter in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Hi-Line full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I am one of Hi-Line’s Corporate Recruiters, so I witness the start of a new career with each of our Territory Managers. I watch from the beginning of the training process, unfolding with the support and dedication of the entire company, how they become successful and independent while maintaining the highest degree of energy, enthusiasm, and integrity.
    Hi-Line’s core values of integrity, quality products and quality service are performed and valued on a daily basis. This company has my total dedication and respect. Thank you Hi-Line for making me a part of your family.

Cons

How many years have you waited to become someone you have always wanted to be? Join our Hi-Line family and make it happen!

Thank you for always having everyone's best interest at heart and caring so much about our success and future.

Jul 11, 2014

Hi-Line is honored to have you as one of our Corporate Recruiter's. May your career at Hi-Line be filled with continued success and happiness.

It was an awesome work experience with a great work environment!

Former Employee - Product Photographer for Catalog in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Product Photographer for Catalog in Dallas, TX

I worked at Hi-Line as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

The employees including upper management were always extremely helpful in helping me obtain my deadlines and meet my goals.

Cons

The job was in Dallas and I lived in Nashville. Too much time away from home.

My advice to management is to keep on doing the great job that you do!

Jul 11, 2014

We can certainly appreciate the difficulties of working in another city so far from home. Hi-Line thanks you for your compliments, service and continued support of our company. If you ever make it ... More

Hi-Line has changed my life for the better.

I have been working at Hi-Line full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Opportunity to make a great income as a territory manager, advancement from within, ongoing training opportunities, management loves to help territory managers succeed.

Cons

Territory managers often experience a lot of windshield time. The cost of operating a Hi-Line store is significant but worthwhile for a person driven to succeed. New territory managers will generally spend one to two years developing their territories before they begin generating a great income.

Identify the strengths of each territory manager and sales manager. Let those who are good at opening new business focus on that task, and let those who are good at maintaining customers focus on that activity. These complementary roles will enable the company to gain more market share and grow more quickly.

Jul 11, 2014

Thank You for your comments. Constant Improvement is something that everyone at Hi-Line is committed to achieving each and every day.

Great company and great people to work with.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Hi-Line full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Outstanding, realistic opportunity to grow professionally and to earn as much as I can.

Cons

Very competitive market - strong drive needed to succeed

Keep growing

Jul 11, 2014

You really know how to make us blush. Thank You for your complimentary words.

Hi-Line Photos