Hibbert Group

www.hibbertgroup.com

Hibbert Group Reviews

Updated May 25, 2014
Hibbert Group – Trenton – “Back of Corporate Center”

Hibbert Group – Trenton – “Back of Corporate Center”

Tim Moonan

Great place to work !!!!

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsThe company is going through some growing pains right now. I believe upper management will guide us into the light!!!! The people drive the machine.

ConsNeed better training of new employees to handle the fast pace environment, because you only get out of people what you put into people.

Advice to Senior ManagementBring in a younger upper management staff, to create a shift for fresher ideas and culture change.

One common theme

Sales (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsDeep down the owners care for employees

ConsAs stated in several reviews senior management is terrified of the CEO. Perhaps he means well but his methods are unprofessional. He should take a look in the mirror and ask himself; would his behaviors be tolerated in a company his family did not own. If he worked at Boeing as a vp of whatever and treated his subordinates the way he treats those that work for him would he still have a job? I think not.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe common issue appears to be communication, always has been and most likely always will be. Get rid of the dead weight that surrounds you, they'll survive you owe them nothing, they have taken advantage of you for far too long. They aren't your friends. Bring in fresh forward thinking management that can provide new, bold ideas. Good luck.

Great place of employment.

Adminisrative Secretary (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsThis is a Family owned business

ConsBuilding where I worked at was over 100 years old.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Great Place to Get Experience and that's it

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

Pros- Great people work here.
    - If you scrape and plead you can get put on some half way decent projects and get fantastic experience.

Cons- Out dated Technology. They don't have any idea what the future of the industry demands.
    - Terrible Processes that are not streamlined. Who doesn't do agile for development? The Hibbert Group that's who.
    - Terrible management. Just some of the worst I've ever seen. I can't speak to the high level management team, I did not interact with them. But, the team level management is comically inept. People running web and database teams who can't write a lick of code, or even understand the technical ramifications of what they are asking.
    - The pay is so low it's disgusting. If you want people to work on websites and you want to attract the best, 40 - 50k with terrible benefits and no bonus structure is not going to get it done.

Advice to Senior ManagementInstead of laying off people who actually do things why not lay off people who don't do anything? People who added actual value were laid off in favor of people who were more concerned with committing adultery then actually getting anything done.

What used to be a great company is on the decline

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsI enjoy the people I work with, and the atmosphere is easy-going. Work from home days are allowed so that helps with flexibility. A variety of assignments at times and the work can be challenging and rewarding.

ConsManagement just has no clue what is going on around them. People are laid off that make no sense and people are promoted that make even less sense. Senior management doesn't seem to understand what the problem is, but more people have left the IT department in the last 2 years because of management than any other department in the company. Since then, the managers and directors themselves bolted. Management consistently treats employees like children (Before a recent meeting, all managers walked around making sure everyone was on time for a meeting, everyone is in fear of higher management). HR is aware the company has problems and has even reportedly read these reviews with the response "what can we do?". Employees are rarely appreciated, often expected to work weekends and night hours only to receive nothing in return. Raises and bonuses have been laughable for the last 2 years.

Advice to Senior ManagementAdvice to upper Management? I'm not sure I can give any more - I've sat in countless round-table, open forum, town hall, etc, whatever you want to call them meetings and repeatedly given my opinion, and watched others give their opinions. It has done nothing. Clearly you aren't communicating with your employees. Do you know why? They are terrified of you. Everyone is afraid they are next to be laid off, and quite possibly, with good reason. Stop talking at us, and start talking to us.

Pretty good.

ProsThe people I work with are great, and for the most part I enjoy what I do.

ConsThere has been a lot of layoffs and you don't feel secure.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo get to know all aspects of the company, so that if you have to make cuts you can make an educated decision. Many people that were laid off really made no sense,

Best Company Ever!

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsManagement was always supportive of your needs and helped you learn new skills.

ConsDoes not give good communication when temp assignment is close to being over.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest to temps, tell them when assignment is truly coming to an end, not when assignment MIGHT be coming to an end or new ones coming up. We depend on this information to financially organize our life. Thanks.

Not a stable company at all. avoid working here,

Web Developer (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsI was a web developer at Hibbert group. there are mot much of Pros but here are a few.
    - Work stress is little or limited.
    - chance to work on various technologies and a good learning experience as You will be working on anything from front end to back end to database.
    - Get a chance to work from home once or twice a week
    Some basic employment benefits like 401k, Health insurance and paid vacation time.

ConsCons
    - The management is complete non technical. The company does not consider IT as their business at all. and they bring in and throw out technical people based on what they get paid.
    - I would say it is a small scale company. if they get a client they hire people and when client goes away they throw people out.
    - They expect you to work on everything from end to end solution. They have too much expectations from a web developer.
    - Developer's opinion doesn't count.
    - company wants you to learn new things to make things work but not ready to pay for training .
    - They want to save every single penny they can save no matter what employees feel. They keep cost cutting on coffee and water.
    - There is little possibility of growth even if you are excellent in your job. Because for non technical people however big thing you accomplish. it;s no big deal.
    - You can thrown out of the company at any moment. there is no job security.
    - Very poor work environment. everyone tries to turn others down.
    - If you don't have any other option then this can be the last option to work with.
    - No pay raise no bonus.

Advice to Senior ManagementRespect your employees. They make you earn money. come out of 40's mentality.

Great place to learn and then move on. No job security

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsIt can be a good place to learn different skills across departments.

ConsLack of job security due to constant lay offs (more than 9 in the past 4 years). The company is constatntly restructuring and causing employees to loose a sense of direction and focus. Employees are never included in these restructing decisions. There is lack of defined duties in Client Services Department and work overload due to constant lay offs.

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not try to cut expenses by eliminating your most experienced employees.

What an embarrassment

Senior Account Planner (Current Employee) Trenton, NJ

ProsPaychecks always cleared.
    At least half the employees are friendly (but not necessarily good at their jobs).

ConsThe company's dilapidated corporate center is in the middle of Trenton, NJ, a city that covers just over 8 square miles and as of June 16, 2013 already has 17 homicides for the year.
    The vast majority of senior-level management lack college degrees and have gained their "business experience" by only working at The Hibbert Group.
    The company consistently loses business due to the poor performance of inept employees.
    The company has conducted lay-offs for 6 consecutive quarters as of June 2013.
    The pay is considerably lower than industry averages, which means they mostly hire recent college grads (kids) or adults who have little to no education/experience.
    For the most part, the Sales staff has no polish, minimal education and lacks any discernable insight into the products and services that they “sell”.
    A culture of putting forth minimal effort.
    Nepotism.

Advice to Senior Management1. Get rid of your senior-level management team and hire educated, experienced managers, who know what they’re doing. 2. Move your corporate center from Trenton, NJ into a facility that is not dangerous to travel to and portrays the company in a positive light. 3. Fire the low-class, poorly educated employees who give minimal effort and replace them with polished, educated, experienced professionals (and pay them what they’re worth). 4. Hire knowledgeable Sales staff and get rid of the dead weight (if someone has had the same low-level job title for 5+ years, get rid of them).

Worked for Hibbert Group? Contribute to the Community!