Hibbert Group

Great place to work !!!!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The company is going through some growing pains right now. I believe upper management will guide us into the light!!!! The people drive the machine.

Cons

Need better training of new employees to handle the fast pace environment, because you only get out of people what you put into people.

Bring in a younger upper management staff, to create a shift for fresher ideas and culture change.

RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN

Current Employee - Client Services  in  Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Client Services in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

NO REASON TO WANT A JOB HERE---VP's , upper management and MOST of the managers have NO clue as to what is going on and they do not care cause no one challenges them. I for one have a job which no one else knows how to do or wants to know

Cons

biggest challenge is working for a boss who has no clue how to do the job of managing a team. however this person is very good at posting on face book all day long .

what every one else on this site is telling you ---get new management in and STOP the bonus' you give to the losers who you can managers and directors and lets not forget the VP's ---

One common theme

Current Employee - Sales  in  Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Sales in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Deep down the owners care for employees

Cons

As stated in several reviews senior management is terrified of the CEO. Perhaps he means well but his methods are unprofessional. He should take a look in the mirror and ask himself; would his behaviors be tolerated in a company his family did not own. If he worked at Boeing as a vp of whatever and treated his subordinates the way he treats those that work for him would he still have a job? I think not.

The common issue appears to be communication, always has been and most likely always will be. Get rid of the dead weight that surrounds you, they'll survive you owe them nothing, they have taken advantage of you for far too long. They aren't your friends. Bring in fresh forward thinking management that can provide new, bold ideas. Good luck.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

What used to be a great company is on the decline

I worked at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with, and the atmosphere is easy-going. Work from home days are allowed so that helps with flexibility. A variety of assignments at times and the work can be challenging and rewarding.

Cons

Management just has no clue what is going on around them. People are laid off that make no sense and people are promoted that make even less sense. Senior management doesn't seem to understand what the problem is, but more people have left the IT department in the last 2 years because of management than any other department in the company. Since then, the managers and directors themselves bolted. Management consistently treats employees like children (Before a recent meeting, all managers walked around making sure everyone was on time for a meeting, everyone is in fear of higher management). HR is aware the company has problems and has even reportedly read these reviews with the response "what can we do?". Employees are rarely appreciated, often expected to work weekends and night hours only to receive nothing in return. Raises and bonuses have been laughable for the last 2 years.

Advice to upper Management? I'm not sure I can give any more - I've sat in countless round-table, open forum, town hall, etc, whatever you want to call them meetings and repeatedly given my opinion, and watched others give their opinions. It has done nothing. Clearly you aren't communicating with your employees. Do you know why? They are terrified of you. Everyone is afraid they are next to be laid off, and quite possibly, with good reason. Stop talking at us, and start talking to us.

Great place of employment.

Former Employee - Adminisrative Secretary  in  Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Adminisrative Secretary in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

This is a Family owned business

Cons

Building where I worked at was over 100 years old.

Great Place to Get Experience and that's it

I worked at Hibbert Group

Pros

- Great people work here.
    - If you scrape and plead you can get put on some half way decent projects and get fantastic experience.

Cons

- Out dated Technology. They don't have any idea what the future of the industry demands.
    - Terrible Processes that are not streamlined. Who doesn't do agile for development? The Hibbert Group that's who.
    - Terrible management. Just some of the worst I've ever seen. I can't speak to the high level management team, I did not interact with them. But, the team level management is comically inept. People running web and database teams who can't write a lick of code, or even understand the technical ramifications of what they are asking.
    - The pay is so low it's disgusting. If you want people to work on websites and you want to attract the best, 40 - 50k with terrible benefits and no bonus structure is not going to get it done.

Instead of laying off people who actually do things why not lay off people who don't do anything? People who added actual value were laid off in favor of people who were more concerned with committing adultery then actually getting anything done.

Pretty good.

I have been working at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

The people I work with are great, and for the most part I enjoy what I do.

Cons

There has been a lot of layoffs and you don't feel secure.

To get to know all aspects of the company, so that if you have to make cuts you can make an educated decision. Many people that were laid off really made no sense,

Best Company Ever!

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Hibbert Group as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Management was always supportive of your needs and helped you learn new skills.

Cons

Does not give good communication when temp assignment is close to being over.

Be honest to temps, tell them when assignment is truly coming to an end, not when assignment MIGHT be coming to an end or new ones coming up. We depend on this information to financially organize our life. Thanks.

Not a stable company at all. avoid working here,

Current Employee - Web Developer  in  Trenton, NJ
    Current Employee - Web Developer in Trenton, NJ

I have been working at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was a web developer at Hibbert group. there are mot much of Pros but here are a few.
    - Work stress is little or limited.
    - chance to work on various technologies and a good learning experience as You will be working on anything from front end to back end to database.
    - Get a chance to work from home once or twice a week
    Some basic employment benefits like 401k, Health insurance and paid vacation time.

Cons

Cons
    - The management is complete non technical. The company does not consider IT as their business at all. and they bring in and throw out technical people based on what they get paid.
    - I would say it is a small scale company. if they get a client they hire people and when client goes away they throw people out.
    - They expect you to work on everything from end to end solution. They have too much expectations from a web developer.
    - Developer's opinion doesn't count.
    - company wants you to learn new things to make things work but not ready to pay for training .
    - They want to save every single penny they can save no matter what employees feel. They keep cost cutting on coffee and water.
    - There is little possibility of growth even if you are excellent in your job. Because for non technical people however big thing you accomplish. it;s no big deal.
    - You can thrown out of the company at any moment. there is no job security.
    - Very poor work environment. everyone tries to turn others down.
    - If you don't have any other option then this can be the last option to work with.
    - No pay raise no bonus.

Respect your employees. They make you earn money. come out of 40's mentality.

Great place to learn and then move on. No job security

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Trenton, NJ
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Trenton, NJ

I worked at Hibbert Group full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

It can be a good place to learn different skills across departments.

Cons

Lack of job security due to constant lay offs (more than 9 in the past 4 years). The company is constatntly restructuring and causing employees to loose a sense of direction and focus. Employees are never included in these restructing decisions. There is lack of defined duties in Client Services Department and work overload due to constant lay offs.

Do not try to cut expenses by eliminating your most experienced employees.

Worked for Hibbert Group? Contribute to the Community!