Hideaway Pizza

Updated Mar 30, 2014

Be The First To
Add Photos

Brett Murphy

Growing company, out of touch with employees

Server (Current Employee) Norman, OK

ProsGreat environment and great pizza. The company has a huge opportunity for growth as gourmet pizza is becoming more popular.

ConsCorporate puts changes into effect without considering the effect on lower-level managers and employees. We have a lot of suggestions, but nobody to listen to them.

Advice to Senior ManagementConnect with employees more. We love working here and have great suggestions. Continue sending out employee comments and suggestions yearly, provides a great opportunity to connect employees with corporate.

It has been a fine second job while in college, but wouldn't suggest for long term support.

Server (Former Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThe managers are good about being flexible with availability and giving time off when needed.

ConsThe owners only seem interested in making more money even at the expense of their employees. Unless you are a general manager, you are expendable without question and any attempt at expressing concerns to higher ups is completely ignored.

Advice to Senior ManagementConsider the effects that your actions have on the serve and support staff. Sometimes saving more money for you means compromising our ability to do our job. So, while you may be saving money, we are losing it.

depends on location

Server (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

Prosrelaxed, staff is friendly, some managers are willing to listen and genuinely care for the staff. flexible scheduling if you are going to school

Consit is a complete popularity contest. if you hang with the managers you are good if not, you typical don't last as long. It has become a total corporate chain rather than a hometown company. everything said to customers is a sales pitch. don't epect to move up unless you are buddy buddys with management.

Advice to Senior Managementthe company is running off of nostalgia of the original company in stillwater and by now that nostalgia is worn off with multiple stores all around. time to go back to the roots or reinvent the company but not in the current way done. it's is borderline chili's now.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Waitress

Waitress (Current Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsLaid back and friendly environment, great co-workers, owners are interested and care about their employees, very flexible schedule

ConsThere is a lack of consistency and structure. Manager involvement towards front of the house duties is very minimal, causing employees to not want to try harder. Lack of motivation and positive reinforcement

Advice to Senior ManagementApply better controls in order to prevent employee dissatisfaction (happy employees, better sales).

Depends on the location

Server (Former Employee) Oklahoma City, OK

ProsTulsa location was a great environment and a fun place to work!
    Flexible schedule
    Decent pay

ConsNW Expressway is horrible to work for. They do not care about their employees unless you are BFFs with them or party with them. NO job satisfaction and a very high employee turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementOKC, aknowledge the hard work of your good employees, fire those who decide not to show up or come in late with no excuse or who come and expect everyone else to pick up their slack and get praise from management because they are your friends. TULSA, keep up the great job managing your employees, you know how to keep employees happy and satisfied in their job positions.

One of the best work environments I've ever been privileged to be apart of.

Server (Current Employee) Tulsa, OK

ProsThe management supports an out going and open work place where all concerns are listened to and given a chance be rectified with fair and equal solutions. The co-workers are extremely friendly and everyone is willing to help with anything you might be dealing with. A place to meet life friends and nurture a career or simply make money.

ConsYou will be on your feet a lot but good exercise.
    Late hours but more hours mean more money.

Worked for Hideaway Pizza? Contribute to the Community!