Hideaway Pizza

Updated September 17, 2014
Updated September 17, 2014
3.7

Brett Murphy

For my first job hideaway is a fun, but can be a busy place to work.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hideaway Pizza full-time for more than a year

Pros

Employee discount is half off, there's always music playing over PA, usually get approved ask off days. There's always cool people who work in the front of house and back of house. I found if your a good listener the job goes more smooth. Simple tasks like learning to top pizzas, how to make pizza sauce and every food on (AND OFF) the menu.

Cons

The morning rush and the evening can be very busy, the make side crew does most of work unless promoted fast. Restaurant jobs are fast paced. Short breaks or some shifts not any. Usually often your shift ends later than expected due to being busy and not getting things done. A lot of cleaning and dish.

Take care of the employees you have now a little better before they quit too, sometimes my store opens with only an AKM, MOD, Hotside, and Dough person. Evening can be worse without help. Tell managers to offer time off to employees instead of cold shoulder.

Excellent community

Former Employee - Cashier/Waitstaff  in  Stillwater, OK
    Former Employee - Cashier/Waitstaff in Stillwater, OK

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time

Pros

Great culture, great compensation (for the original location, at least), unique flair, flexible structure.

Cons

Unmotivated individuals, short hours. Stoner culture often yields slip ups. Larges are SO HARD TO CARRY, and can be dangerous. Discounts at lunch are a pain.

Ditch the polos. Keep the cabin! Dig back into the tradition of hideaway, and make sure you're hiring people who 'get it.' Turnover seems high these days.

Growing company, out of touch with employees

Current Employee - Server  in  Norman, OK
    Current Employee - Server in Norman, OK

I have been working at Hideaway Pizza part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great environment and great pizza. The company has a huge opportunity for growth as gourmet pizza is becoming more popular.

Cons

Corporate puts changes into effect without considering the effect on lower-level managers and employees. We have a lot of suggestions, but nobody to listen to them.

Connect with employees more. We love working here and have great suggestions. Continue sending out employee comments and suggestions yearly, provides a great opportunity to connect employees with corporate.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

It has been a fine second job while in college, but wouldn't suggest for long term support.

Former Employee - Server  in  Tulsa, OK
    Former Employee - Server in Tulsa, OK

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The managers are good about being flexible with availability and giving time off when needed.

Cons

The owners only seem interested in making more money even at the expense of their employees. Unless you are a general manager, you are expendable without question and any attempt at expressing concerns to higher ups is completely ignored.

Consider the effects that your actions have on the serve and support staff. Sometimes saving more money for you means compromising our ability to do our job. So, while you may be saving money, we are losing it.

depends on location

Current Employee - Server  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Server in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hideaway Pizza part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

relaxed, staff is friendly, some managers are willing to listen and genuinely care for the staff. flexible scheduling if you are going to school

Cons

it is a complete popularity contest. if you hang with the managers you are good if not, you typical don't last as long. It has become a total corporate chain rather than a hometown company. everything said to customers is a sales pitch. don't epect to move up unless you are buddy buddys with management.

the company is running off of nostalgia of the original company in stillwater and by now that nostalgia is worn off with multiple stores all around. time to go back to the roots or reinvent the company but not in the current way done. it's is borderline chili's now.

Waitress

Current Employee - Waitress  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Current Employee - Waitress in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Hideaway Pizza part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Laid back and friendly environment, great co-workers, owners are interested and care about their employees, very flexible schedule

Cons

There is a lack of consistency and structure. Manager involvement towards front of the house duties is very minimal, causing employees to not want to try harder. Lack of motivation and positive reinforcement

Apply better controls in order to prevent employee dissatisfaction (happy employees, better sales).

Depends on the location

Former Employee - Server  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Server in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Hideaway Pizza part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Tulsa location was a great environment and a fun place to work!
    Flexible schedule
    Decent pay

Cons

NW Expressway is horrible to work for. They do not care about their employees unless you are BFFs with them or party with them. NO job satisfaction and a very high employee turnover rate.

OKC, aknowledge the hard work of your good employees, fire those who decide not to show up or come in late with no excuse or who come and expect everyone else to pick up their slack and get praise from management because they are your friends. TULSA, keep up the great job managing your employees, you know how to keep employees happy and satisfied in their job positions.

One of the best work environments I've ever been privileged to be apart of.

Current Employee - Server  in  Tulsa, OK
    Current Employee - Server in Tulsa, OK

I have been working at Hideaway Pizza part-time for more than a year

Pros

The management supports an out going and open work place where all concerns are listened to and given a chance be rectified with fair and equal solutions. The co-workers are extremely friendly and everyone is willing to help with anything you might be dealing with. A place to meet life friends and nurture a career or simply make money.

Cons

You will be on your feet a lot but good exercise.
    Late hours but more hours mean more money.

Worked for Hideaway Pizza? Contribute to the Community!