High Point Regional Health

Ernie Bovio

It's a job!

CNA (Current Employee)
    High Point, NC

ProsThe best reasons to work here is only to avoid being unemployed. The benefits are pretty good. The schedule allows you some flexibility in maintaining a good work-life balance.

ConsThe do not follow their values....They treat patients like they are not fit to make their own decisions.Employees such as CNAS are treated like they are incompetent. My co-worker is the best CNA I have ever seen and she has had enough....

Advice to Senior ManagementFollow your company values, stop spending money and sacrificing employees benefits.

Magical Ingredient: Wonderful People

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsFamily like culture, motivated hard working employees. Work force development was a priority. Emphasis on community involvement. Community of High Point pride in hospital was rewarding. As part of UNC HCS, good chance of both sustainability and retention of community hospital experience for patients and employees.

ConsHighly competitive market, relentless external regulatory pressures, merger followed by changes in organizational structure and leadership may have short term dip in morale and sense of employee security.

HP sucks

Programmer/Analyst (Former Employee)

ProsGood folks work hard but leave due to poor management

ConsEverything but your co workers sucks

Advice to Senior Managementquit move on let someone that knows ho to manage take over

• We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Awesome

Radiology Transporter (Former Employee)
    High Point, NC

ProsGreat people and genuine care for the community and employees

ConsThere were no cons while I was employed here. My time there was very enjoyable.

Advice to Senior Managementkeep being the best..

6 south

Nursing Staff (Current Employee)

ProsGood people, flexible hours, great team work, treats employees fairly, awesome manager and leadership,private patient rooms, they strive to provide state of the art equipment

ConsUpper management...out of touch, more concerned with how things look on paper, trying to script everything employees say and do, makes departments cuts staff based on ratio not acuity, they delegate without even knowing what's going on outside their offices

Advice to Senior ManagementVisit the units, communicate with employees, and make sure they have the pele and tools they need to provide the "Total Care" you promise to the people of our region

Run the other way.

RRT/RCP (Former Employee)
    High Point, NC

ProsPay is very competitive. It has to be.
    Three 12 hour shifts/week.

ConsPoor-no management. Horrible benefits. No team players.
    Staffing is at bare bones minimum & unsafe.
    High turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementBuy better benefits. Recruit better doctors. Eliminate middle management.
    Recognize all employees, not just the nurses.
    Build and demand a teamwork environment. Eliminate fraternization between managers & clinicians outside work.

I love working here.

ProsGood money; most employees really do care about the patients.

ConsManagement does not listen to any of your ideas or thoughts; many things are kept secretive.

Advice to Senior ManagementWe need new management.

The only difference between a rut and a grave is their dimensions. ~Ellen Glasgow

ProsThere is a group of really good people who are there because there is a patient. They are there to take care of that patient. This shows in everything they do every day. They are compassionate, caring, and competent and treat everyone (patients, family members, co-workers and visitors) as they would want to be treated. It is because of these people that I would recommend this employer.

ConsSelf-centered, self-serving incompetent employees are promoted, egos stroked and wallets fattened. Rudeness from certain employees is ignored while going above and beyond to preserve integrity, health, and a safe environment for our patients is rewarded with write-ups, merit deferrals and threats of being fired. This is NOT the same place it was 10 years ago.
    There is an “in crowd” and if you are not “in” then you better lay low, give minimal effort and watch your back. Don’t bother going to HR either, they will Always side with management.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice to management and to the people you always see up under, hanging out with and sucking up to management; quit, change industries, go somewhere that the customer does not have to suffer due to your favoritism and discriminations. Stop punishing the people who are doing their job by taking care of their customers (patients, families, visitors, co-workers) and stop rewarding the ones whispering in your ear. Stop throwing money into the wind. A bad idea is a bad idea and when a good idea goes bad, throwing all the money in the world at it is not going to make it any better. Quit taking and start giving back…

A Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Secretary (Current Employee)
    High Point, NC

ProsHigh Point Regional has great nurses as well as excellent volunteers who take time out to assist patients and employees across the hospital. Unfortunately, you do not see recognition for their hard work and instead give recognition to the ones who sit there, talk trash, and belittle one another.

ConsManagement tell you one thing to get you though the door and lie afterwards. The employees here have egos with nothing to back them up. The staff puts you down and make your feel like nothing. They will talk down to you, look down to you, and make you feel worthless.

The technology is horrible and IT likes to add crap on crap instead of fixing it. The cafeteria food is horrid, and the place smells of death. Management is horrible and they wonder why their turnover rate is ridiculous.

Advice to Senior ManagementPlease change or just leave. You all are blowing hot air and talking a good game without backing real facts up.

Downhill and picking up speed

Nursing Staff (Former Employee)
    High Point, NC

ProsMost of the regular staff are really good people that care about their patients

ConsSenior Leadership has become a pathetic group of buddies who have totally lost sight of humanity.

Advice to Senior ManagementRead the story about the Emporer and his clothing. Staff laugh at how it translates to Senior Leadership. Literally. With only a few exceptions, the best thing you could do for High Point would be to leave.

Worked for High Point Regional Health? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at High Point Regional Health reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for High Point Regional Health CEO Ernie Bovio . All 13 reviews posted anonymously by High Point Regional Health employees.