High Point Treatment Center

Be The First To
Add Photos

Daniel S. Mumbauer

stressful, fast paced.

Masters Level Clinician (Current Employee)
Brockton, MA

I have been working at High Point Treatment Center full-time for more than a year

ProsI love the work with the clients and my co workers. health benefits are good. great learning experience

Consmisled during interview as to days off and policies of agency. was promised supervision towards my license which took 5 months to secure since my clinical director/supervisor was not qualified . low pay and micro management by clinical director. pits staff against each other. 100 % of the clinical staff is seeking other work. filing a grievance brings retaliation.

Advice to Senior Managementin ten months I saw a 90% turnover due to poor management and supervision on the unit level. pay more attention to quality staff than the bottom line. replace ineffective supervisors/directors with poor retention rates

Something is seriously wrong with this agency

Case Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at High Point Treatment Center full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDeveloped some great relationships with co-workers, increased knowledge of addiction/psychiatric illness, working with people

ConsTERRIBLE pay- I am college educated and have almost completed a graduate degree. I make less than the average salary for an individual with ONLY a high school diploma in the state of MA. New employees with little to no experience / less education have been hired at a higher rate of pay than those that have been there longer with more experience/education. Required to be a salaried employee, even though it is often necessary to stay late to finish the required work. Unwilling to pay employees overtime. There is a VERY high turnover rate for staff, including managers. Limited support from management to address staff concerns or problems. Unsafe working environment at times due to being understaffed, patients under the influence of illicit drugs, no security.

Advice to Senior ManagementYou are losing quality employees. Patient care suffers when your strongest staff members move on to other facilities with better pay and more professional working environment. Employee satisfaction increases productivity. Having qualified, competent employees may require an increase in pay, but overall will make for a more successful, safer treatment experience. More support from management and upper management may also help to improve employee satisfaction.

We intentioned but not well actualized

Nurse Practitioner (Current Employee)

ProsCommitment to serving people with addiction

ConsExecutive management can play games and hurt their staff.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop pitting staff against each other.

We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Another Lesson Learned

Staff Nurse (Former Employee)
Brockton, MA

I worked at High Point Treatment Center full-time for more than a year

ProsI can think of very few pros. Helping clients that truly needed it and advocating for their needs was rewarding.

ConsPoor management. Mismanagement. Low pay. Horrible benefits. Low staff morale. This place (Brockton Campus) is barely up to fire code. Clients are given horrible accomodations. They are over the DPH bed-limit by putting cots in every room. There is not enough medical equipment to properly care for the clients in detox. The place is short-staffed and there is minimal flexibility with your schedule.

Advice to Senior ManagementCommunicate with staff openly, not critically. Don't set unrealistic expectations and acknowledge their hard work.

A lesson learned

Clinician (Former Employee)

I worked at High Point Treatment Center

ProsI had a good immediate supervisor

ConsUpper management has some odd expectations of line staff as well as a general disregard for suggestions to improve services. High staff turnover rate.

Advice to Senior ManagementClinician's ability to bill for services brings in money to the agency. However without some team work and some changes the no show rate will always be high and thus creating a financial issue. High staff turn over brings mistrust from clients about the ability of the agency to assist them as well as creating undue chaos within the work environment.

A great deal of paperwork, little opportunity for personal growth, terrible benefits, very low pay and a lot of stress.

Case Manager (Current Employee)

I have been working at High Point Treatment Center

ProsHelping individuals in need is very satisfying.
My co-workers are awesome, great group of people.
I'm always busy, multi-tasking to the max, I never look at my watch and think the day is dragging by.

ConsManagement likes to claim we are a "non-profit" thus we have no supplies, very low salaries, and the clients' accomodations are terrible. I've worked in non-profit my whole like and I feel it is mismanagement, not "non-profit" that is the cause of the terrible working conditions. There is very low moral, no communication from upper management, and no acknowledgement for hard work and accomplishments.

Advice to Senior ManagementHigher salaries, more employee recognition, better communication, more opportinites for staff to share ideas and voice complaints- with resolution- not just lip service. Healthier physical environment, i.e. old carpeting removed, replace heating system, smoking areas at least 50 feet from building as stated in employee handbook.

Worked for High Point Treatment Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at High Point Treatment Center reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for High Point Treatment Center CEO Daniel S. Mumbauer. All 6 reviews posted anonymously by High Point Treatment Center employees.