High Point University

Pretty good

Current Employee - Facility Manager
    Current Employee - Facility Manager

I have been working at High Point University part-time

Pros

Close, easy, simple, training, work alone

Cons

Low pay, High point owns your soul

High Point University strives to provide the best experience for students inside and outside of the classroom.

Current Employee - Assistant Director of Greek Life and Resident Director in High Point, NC

I have been working at High Point University full-time (more than an year)

Pros

High Point University offers its employees many different incentives to work hard. There is a constant push for innovation and a strong focus on providing a consistent brand through positive customer service.

Cons

Within my office, there is a strong divide between some of the supervisors and other staff. Sometimes there are challenges in explaining expectations for position that can later create tension between employees and their supervisors.

Focus on more professional development opportunities for all staff members.

Good Work Study @ HPU

Former Employee - Facility Manager in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Facility Manager in High Point, NC

I worked at High Point University part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work hours, good management, easy tasks to complete, easy to balance school and work

Cons

Not always the best in organization, sometimes people didn't show up for work, no chance for promotions

Admissions Counselor

I have been working at High Point University

Pros

Not a desk job, day to day variation, extensive travel (which I enjoy, but might not be for everyone)

Cons

Work significant amount of weekend events

A place to start

I worked at High Point University full-time

Pros

Room to act, Nice, safe facilities, great place to be a student. Middle management tries their best.

Cons

Not always the healthiest work environment do too a superficial emphasis on appearances and not depth and integrity, but this may have changed

Pay more and pay attention Encourage an atmosphere of respect from the lowest person to the highest person on campus

Great benefits, demanding job

I worked at High Point University

Pros

Wonderful people, great benefits, lots of room for growth

Cons

Demanding work environment, lots of turnover

Admissions Counselor

Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in High Point, NC
    Current Employee - Admissions Counselor in High Point, NC

I have been working at High Point University full-time

Pros

Great perks of traveling is that you can keep your hotel, rental car, & airline points. Have the opportunity to visit places you would not have gone to otherwise. If you are a graduate of the school, it is easy to talk about and connect with students.

Cons

Can have poor communication within the office. They are attempting to work on that and are improving on office morale. The group of people I work with now are the best we've ever had in this office.

Include communication earlier to your staff so we can relay that message to our students.

Sad to leave. But I had to go.

Former Employee - Assistant in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Assistant in High Point, NC

I worked at High Point University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The ability to grow within an organization, is an environment I THRIVE in. At High Point University that is the exact work environment I was a part of. Unfortunately my significant other got accepted to Law School in another state, so we had to move. I am currently looking for a job, but not in Higher Education because I KNOW that it won't be anything like High Point University! The way the President is hands on with all of the projects within the University is unreal, I am not quite sure the man is human. President Qubein is an Extraordinary Leader for all of High Point. I was just glad to be a part of it. At High Point I felt like I was part of a family, and more importantly a team with one goal...the students.

Cons

The only con...is if you can't keep up in the fast paced environment that is and makes High Point University the Higher Education institution that it is today!

Don't be afraid to ask for help, there are plenty of offices and resources that are available, you just have to know who to ask.

The Grass Isn't Greener! I want to go back to HPU

Former Employee - Information Technology in High Point, NC
    Former Employee - Information Technology in High Point, NC

I worked at High Point University full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

the clear mission to help students succeed. the environment. the faculty and staff. the students. the cultural events. the basketball games. the president's talks. nice gifts employees receive

Cons

sometimes parking. being on call for possible technical issues. periods of extreme business

continue to listen to worker issues. You made my department better before I left (i left because my wife got a job in DC). But I want to come back!!

teach student Chinese and Math

I have been working at High Point University part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good environment to work, nice people, good training, nice student, good pay, know how to get along with people.

Cons

There is no cons to work in here. The only thing I want say about is the student sometimes not show up or they not corporate with you.

High Point University Photos