High Point University

www.highpoint.edu

High Point University Reviews

Updated Jul 9, 2014

High Point University strives to provide the best experience for students inside and outside of the classroom.

Assistant Director of Greek Life and Resident Director (Current Employee) High Point, NC

ProsHigh Point University offers its employees many different incentives to work hard. There is a constant push for innovation and a strong focus on providing a consistent brand through positive customer service.

ConsWithin my office, there is a strong divide between some of the supervisors and other staff. Sometimes there are challenges in explaining expectations for position that can later create tension between employees and their supervisors.

Advice to Senior ManagementFocus on more professional development opportunities for all staff members.

– I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company

Good Work Study @ HPU

Facility Manager (Former Employee) High Point, NC

ProsFlexible work hours, good management, easy tasks to complete, easy to balance school and work

ConsNot always the best in organization, sometimes people didn't show up for work, no chance for promotions

Admissions Counselor

ProsNot a desk job, day to day variation, extensive travel (which I enjoy, but might not be for everyone)

ConsWork significant amount of weekend events

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

A place to start

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsRoom to act, Nice, safe facilities, great place to be a student. Middle management tries their best.

ConsNot always the healthiest work environment do too a superficial emphasis on appearances and not depth and integrity, but this may have changed

Advice to Senior ManagementPay more and pay attention Encourage an atmosphere of respect from the lowest person to the highest person on campus

Great benefits, demanding job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

ProsWonderful people, great benefits, lots of room for growth

ConsDemanding work environment, lots of turnover

Admissions Counselor

Admissions Counselor (Current Employee) High Point, NC

ProsGreat perks of traveling is that you can keep your hotel, rental car, & airline points. Have the opportunity to visit places you would not have gone to otherwise. If you are a graduate of the school, it is easy to talk about and connect with students.

ConsCan have poor communication within the office. They are attempting to work on that and are improving on office morale. The group of people I work with now are the best we've ever had in this office.

Advice to Senior ManagementInclude communication earlier to your staff so we can relay that message to our students.

Sad to leave. But I had to go.

Assistant (Former Employee) High Point, NC

ProsThe ability to grow within an organization, is an environment I THRIVE in. At High Point University that is the exact work environment I was a part of. Unfortunately my significant other got accepted to Law School in another state, so we had to move. I am currently looking for a job, but not in Higher Education because I KNOW that it won't be anything like High Point University! The way the President is hands on with all of the projects within the University is unreal, I am not quite sure the man is human. President Qubein is an Extraordinary Leader for all of High Point. I was just glad to be a part of it. At High Point I felt like I was part of a family, and more importantly a team with one goal...the students.

ConsThe only con...is if you can't keep up in the fast paced environment that is and makes High Point University the Higher Education institution that it is today!

Advice to Senior ManagementDon't be afraid to ask for help, there are plenty of offices and resources that are available, you just have to know who to ask.

The Grass Isn't Greener! I want to go back to HPU

Information Technology (Former Employee) High Point, NC

Prosthe clear mission to help students succeed. the environment. the faculty and staff. the students. the cultural events. the basketball games. the president's talks. nice gifts employees receive

Conssometimes parking. being on call for possible technical issues. periods of extreme business

Advice to Senior Managementcontinue to listen to worker issues. You made my department better before I left (i left because my wife got a job in DC). But I want to come back!!

teach student Chinese and Math

ProsGood environment to work, nice people, good training, nice student, good pay, know how to get along with people.

ConsThere is no cons to work in here. The only thing I want say about is the student sometimes not show up or they not corporate with you.

it is ok

Security (Current Employee) High Point, NC

Prosit has good benefits and bounus

Consupper management likes to micro manage

Advice to Senior Managementmake sure you make any idea are keep to your self

Worked for High Point University? Contribute to the Community!