HighJump

HighJump Reviews

Be The First To
Add Photos

Russell L. Fleischer

Great place to learn and grow as an IT professional

Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) Tampa, FL

ProsExposure to multiple companies and industries. Opportunity to learn from other IT professionals while providing custom solutions.

ConsNone at this time to submit.

Chaotic PSD Department led by middle management with LARGE X's

Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) Cranberry Township, PA

ProsFlexibility
    Company does a wonderful job of including employees on direction and outcomes

ConsPSD Group
    Unrealistic communication expectations
    Old Boys Club
    Resource management is non-existent.

Advice to Senior ManagementRefurbish/overhaul PSD top to bottom. Employ and engage a true leader with ability to work with all individuals.
    Analyze correlation between additional work and additional resources and see what happens to turnover. Losing employees monthly and not having a plan for onboarding only harms current employees and the vicious cycle will repeat. It's great that you have a handful that have been there...but, unfortunately they're also some of the most avid proponents of a better onboarding process and largest dissenters against current leadership at various departments.

No where to advance

Advisory Analyst (Current Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsWas fun until I wanted to travel less. Then I became stuck in a job with no advancement opportunities. Many cliques.

ConsNo advancement opportunities, no management support, manager would talk in circles for hours with no decisions.

1. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

High pressure and High energy environment

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsI loved my job profile and the opportunity to go meet different clients - which expanded my horizons and my domain knowledge quite a bit.

ConsTravel can get crazy and the constant pressure to keep the billing percentile can sometimes make people do things that they wouldn't do otherwise.

Advice to Senior ManagementGood luck in your decisions and the goals that you are pursuing - sometimes a radical change can be good but you do lose some quality people.

We're all on the same team - I think........

Server Specialist (Former Employee) Eden Prairie, MN

ProsCo-workers within my department worked well to ship out product, and when I needed help they were always willing to be there.

ConsProjects were not sold properly by account reps. It was basically an open SOW for most projects. Promise everything for the customer, instead of under promise and over deliver. Once a Server Specialist is on the ground at a customer site getting support from most developers including seniors was very difficult. The service desk would email you examples on how to resolve instead of working with you on an issue. It also seemed like high school in some respects between hr and the marketing folks.. It was also funny when 3m would come down from their palace to tell everyone you're doing a great job - oh and who are you again.....

Advice to Senior ManagementDo not over promise everything to customers, to get the deal done.

Dreams and sweat can make a company worth acquisition, but the those that dream and sweat that will not be rewarded.

Web Software Developer (Former Employee) Minneapolis, MN

ProsNone, currently. While the computer used to be an exciting place to work, recent lay-offs and a change in business strategy have put many employees in constant angst over the long term existence of their careers there.

ConsRecently purchased by Battery Ventures, HighJump has changed its very reason for being, turning suddenly from a business that aimed for a complete supply-chain entry into enterprise applications, the company is now doing nearly no in-house development and is instead purchasing other companies with a goal of then selling the company in a few years again for a profit.

Many talented developers are suddenly turned into technical support roles as there is almost no budget for "organic growth", that is, new software development, or addition of new features.

Advice to Senior ManagementBalance your desire to add value to a company as an acquisition with the reality that you are dealing with real people who put the best of their pride into the very product you found valuable. There are certainly ways to increase the value, and much of it can be through acquisitions, but you purchased a company with talented staff in several offices who were part of the existing value, and they could have been enlisted to help you achieve your objectives by adding value through organic growth, while also integrating with new company acquisitions. It may have resulted in later returns, but it would also have resulted in a better product than what you will have.

Worked for HighJump? Contribute to the Community!