HighJump Reviews

Michael Cornell

1. Positive Culture, High Growth, Clear Vision

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Fields, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seven Fields, PA

I have been working at HighJump full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive pay and benefits Flexible and fun work culture Growth offers opportunities

Cons

Growing pains Figuring out training and career paths

Advice to Management

Better training and career paths are needed. Bring back tuition reimbursement benefit.

2. Neat company with some growing pains

Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA
    Current Employee - Implementation Specialist in Pittsburgh, PA

Pros

Neat organization, mid-sized company with a family feel. Some divisions are better than others, but there is some advancement opportunities.

Cons

We have gone thru multiple mergers in the last 2 years, new C level leadership seem to more accustomed to a startup vs established organization. They blow in, create some noise, blow out. Group leadership level quality is inconsistent. Some are clearly higher caliber than others. Seem to loose mid-level management due to lack of career paths. We have lost a number of good managers who had no where to grow. Benefits continue to slowly reduce, loss of some work/life balance with new initiatives, benefits have largely stayed the same but we have lost educational reimbursement. Probably will see some people leave over that.

Advice to Management

It's easy to get caught up in how cool you think you are. Don't get lost in your own hype.

3. Welcome to HighJump!

I worked at HighJump full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This was my first job out of college, and it was the best choice I have ever made in my life. HighJump offers the ability to help you grow into a career, even though the pay might be 40% the national average.

Cons

Management doesn't know how to structure teams, they seem to pick names out of hats when it comes to organizing the internal structure. In the 2 years I have worked here I never received a pay raise, even though they told me I was the best person they have ever seen do my job in 8 years. The pay is extremely low, if you are a gifted developer or IT person who wants to work for pennies on the dollar, this is your home. My manager told me to my face, they do not give raises... So why work at a company that doesnt give raises??? No room for advancements and extra hours are expected out of you... Management also loves to joke around behind your back...

Advice to Management

Learn what competitive salaries are... If you manage to get a talented person under your rule, pay them, don't let them slip away!

5. Welcome to the new Accellos cluster.

Pros

Everything was good about HighJump until Accel KKR bought you guys out and "merged" you with Accellos. If you want to work for less than you're worth this is the place to be great place for learning about true corporate politics. Do you like working on projects that require pushing a Square peg through a Circular hole? Do you have 5 minutes, I have this project that needs to be done yesterday.

Cons

Accellos buy out Top Management has no clear goal other than $$$$ Still in the process of integrating departments and business systems was even started. No room for advancement. 7 years, only received cost of living raise, no bonuses unless you are on the sales team. Lots of talk of trainin

Advice to Management

HighJump has been in the process of acquiring companies for years, and merging them into the core systems and culture quickly. It's been almost a year and where are you at with a complete merger and system integration.

6. Fast paced company, respectful employer, but perhaps too demanding.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I worked at HighJump full-time

Pros

integrity, team collaboration, knowledgeable resources, friendly co-workers and management. As a company, they certainly are growing and have a bright future. High work/life balance when applicable.

Cons

Compensation is fair, to the position description, but employees occasionally felt over-worked and "expected" to work long hours depending on project cycle stance. Also, depending on position, limited mobility for career path flexibility.

Advice to Management

Senior management does care about employees. Meetings were well run, company appears well organized and well positioned in the market to continue fostering growth. However, may be spread to thin to listen to employees or find time.

Chaotic PSD Department led by middle management with LARGE X's

Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Cranberry Township, PA
    Former Employee - Implementation Specialist in Cranberry Township, PA

I worked at HighJump full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexibility Company does a wonderful job of including employees on direction and outcomes

Cons

PSD Group Unrealistic communication expectations Old Boys Club Resource management is non-existent.

Advice to Management

Refurbish/overhaul PSD top to bottom. Employ and engage a true leader with ability to work with all individuals. Analyze correlation between additional work and additional resources and see what happens to turnover. Losing employees monthly and not having a plan for onboarding only harms current employees and the vicious cycle will repeat. It's great that you have a handful that have been there...but, unfortunately they're also some of the most avid proponents of a better onboarding process and largest dissenters against current leadership at various departments.

Great place to learn and grow as an IT professional

Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Project Manager in Tampa, FL

I have been working at HighJump full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Exposure to multiple companies and industries. Opportunity to learn from other IT professionals while providing custom solutions.

Cons

None at this time to submit.

No where to advance

Current Employee - Advisory Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN
    Current Employee - Advisory Analyst in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Was fun until I wanted to travel less. Then I became stuck in a job with no advancement opportunities. Many cliques.

Cons

No advancement opportunities, no management support, manager would talk in circles for hours with no decisions.

High pressure and High energy environment

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

I loved my job profile and the opportunity to go meet different clients - which expanded my horizons and my domain knowledge quite a bit.

Cons

Travel can get crazy and the constant pressure to keep the billing percentile can sometimes make people do things that they wouldn't do otherwise.

Advice to Management

Good luck in your decisions and the goals that you are pursuing - sometimes a radical change can be good but you do lose some quality people.

We're all on the same team - I think........

Former Employee - Server Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN
    Former Employee - Server Specialist in Eden Prairie, MN

Pros

Co-workers within my department worked well to ship out product, and when I needed help they were always willing to be there.

Cons

Projects were not sold properly by account reps. It was basically an open SOW for most projects. Promise everything for the customer, instead of under promise and over deliver. Once a Server Specialist is on the ground at a customer site getting support from most developers including seniors was very difficult. The service desk would email you examples on how to resolve instead of working with you on an issue. It also seemed like high school in some respects between hr and the marketing folks.. It was also funny when 3m would come down from their palace to tell everyone you're doing a great job - oh and who are you again.....

Advice to Management

Do not over promise everything to customers, to get the deal done.

RSS Feed </> Embed