HighPoint Solutions

Updated September 19, 2014
2.5

HighPoint Solutions CEO John Seitz
John Seitz

Overall the job itself wasn't bad but not the most welcoming of work environments.

Current Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Plymouth Meeting, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Plymouth Meeting, PA

I have been working at HighPoint Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Salary was good and schedule was flexible. Company did offer a very healthy work environment offering fruits as snacks throughout the day.

Cons

Office staff was not that friendly some was out right rude. I don't believe they are use to many outsiders in their space. Company does not have many career opportunities for consultants to move further with the company.

Maybe have space for consultants it got pretty uncomfortable sitting in one room all day.

Not the highest point of my career

I worked at HighPoint Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Younger culture; work hard/play hard mentality; casual office atmosphere outside of HQ; generous travel/expense policies; good referral program

Cons

Poor inner-organization; high employee turnover; less than stellar benefits; workload balance skewed across the board; no employee appreciation programs in place; no concept of work/life balance

No formal review process in place for internal employees so that performance, goals can be discussed; no trainings regularly available for betterment of skills; poor communication across the board feeds the rumor mill and leads to disgruntled employees

Happy at HighPoint Solutions.

Current Employee - Solutions Lead  in  East Norriton, PA
    Current Employee - Solutions Lead in East Norriton, PA

I have been working at HighPoint Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company. Extremely helpful culture with a strong focus on customer service. Staff knowledge and expertise about technology, life sciences and healthcare is top notch. The professional services group of Project Managers, functional and technical consultants is focused on enabling clients with Salesforce.com, MDM, Workday, etc. Strong team with repeat business requests.

Cons

None yet that I have seen.

4. We want your feedback – Are these company reviews helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Short Contract

Former Employee - Senior SQL Developer  in  Buffalo, NY
    Former Employee - Senior SQL Developer in Buffalo, NY

I worked at HighPoint Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

I was contacted by a technical recruiter who worked directly for HighPoint Solutions about a Sr. SQL Developer opportunity in Buffalo, NY with a major CMS carrier. I live about 300 miles away from client site, so all expenses for travel, meals and accommodations on a weekly basis were reimbursable. Everything was clearly communicated up-front in terms of how the arrangement worked. The company also made very reasonable arrangements to allow for travel time. Work week was Monday through Thursday, and working remotely on Friday. Also, during the last month of the contract, work was done remotely every other week, which was very accommodating.

Cons

My major concern was that the initial contract was for a three-month period. I communicated this concern up front, and it was expressed to me that this was nearly a formality, and that there were consultants on site who had been there for approximately a year. It turned out, that the length of the contract was exactly three months, due to budget concerns. A host of consultants, including myself, were wrapped-up in three months or less.

Try to negotiate longer termed initial contracts. Consultants are sometimes giving up other (and possibly more secure) opportunities to partner with your company.

Worst place to work

Current Employee - ETL Developer  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - ETL Developer in New York, NY

I have been working at HighPoint Solutions as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

Absolutely NO Pros about the position

Cons

I was hired for a reason to work on my expertise. The later week that work was taken up by client so they started giving me all kinds of crap work outside my knowledge and reported to higher management about my pace of work.
    The lead has no leading capabilities and constantly getting hourly updates about the assigned task.

She sucks

Hire good people.
    Fire existing people.

Do not work here- Career killer!

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at HighPoint Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

They have a fun Christmas party
    The Salary was good
    Some of the people were friendly, when they weren't complaining.

Cons

There is no training and no structure in place that makes sense. I worked here for a long time and was still unclear who my manager was, how is that even possible?

There is no communication from this company, and when they do talk, there is not a lot of action to back up the promises they make.

They do not care about your career aspirations or your strengths at all, they only care if they can staff you on some project... not whether or not it's something that you're interested in or even good at, you are a warm body that can bill hours!

Everyone I've worked with complains constantly about how much work they have. There is a TON of turnover, at all levels, both people who are quitting and others that are let go. It seems that there are pipeline issues and a lot of internal backstabbing, so watch what you say.

They like to reach out to people on professional networking sites, and this job is fine if you're desperate, just make sure you keep looking for something better.... because anything's better than this place.

Very efficient work place

I worked at HighPoint Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get to learn .

Cons

promises made but as a consultancy you cannot expect it to function like a regular company

Worst Consulting Company on Earth!

Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant  in  Piscataway, NJ
    Former Employee - Senior Technical Consultant in Piscataway, NJ

I worked at HighPoint Solutions for more than a year

Pros

Managers are not very bright and they will hire anyone off the street so it's EASY to look like a rock star even though you are mediocre at best.

Cons

False promises, directors with ego problems and inferiority complexes. They will never appreciate or acknowledge any of your achievements but will go out of their way to chastise you for petty, irrelevant mishaps.

Please see a mental health counselor or priest to deal with whatever psychological/emotional issues that cause you to treat your employees so disrespectfully.

Consultant for about a year

Former Employee - Consultant  in  East Norriton, PA
    Former Employee - Consultant in East Norriton, PA

I worked at HighPoint Solutions full-time for less than a year

Pros

-Great people to work with

Cons

-They let me go out of the blue not because of performance but because they had pipeline issues. No severance or notice.
    -False promises upon hiring.

-Learn to keep people, not use them and throw them out even if they're performing well.

Very well focused firm in the Health Care vertical.

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at HighPoint Solutions full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interesting projects and a very professional staff

Cons

Too many contractors not much communication from management on company financials

build a better talent bench

Worked for HighPoint Solutions? Contribute to the Community!