HighTower Software

HighTower Software Reviews

2.4

Gordon M. Smith
1 Rating

One of the best places that I have ever had the opportunity to work at.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Aliso Viejo, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aliso Viejo, CA

Pros

The people make this company what it is.

Cons

Start-up company makes it less stable than a standard company.

Hire more confident sales people.

One of the craziest places I've ever worked

Former Employee - Inside Account Manager  in  Skokie, IL
    Former Employee - Inside Account Manager in Skokie, IL

Pros

I got sales training at Selling Dynamics and learned a lot of sales techniques around resistant customers, cold calls, etc.

Cons

Oh my god! Where do I begin? From day one, there was little training. At least the interim sales director gave me a sales script. Despite all odds against me, the first month, I've obtained a quota of 129% of goal. The second month I made 150% of goal. The third month I got 50% of goal. I was laid off on the 89th day and ineligible for medical insurance and 401K benefits. The company said that they would try to re-negotiate their rent with the landlord. Various jobs with customers were blowing up, Quality Assurance Department was let go. Often times the Network Administrators would screw up a job and take their time in getting back with the customer. The Network people were so bad that we stopped selling network services on purpose!

Jeff Rosengarden was the CEO at the time that I was at the company and he's still the CEO. Robert Nordin and Brian Dunn are the other two owners and President and CFO respectively. Robert and Brian are the ones who pulled me into a room and laid me off on the 89th day, so that I didn't get medical insurance benefits. At least they gave me a good reference and I was able to get my next job.

Worked for HighTower Software? Contribute to the Community!